Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Do my suns got a chance to compete?

Recommended Posts

HOU, GSW, SA, OKC, and MINN are all locks.

 

Stop being stupid.

 

So you're going full retard. Utah is now a definite because of a good month? Although you wouldn't give LA any love for owning the second best record through a 15 game stretch? Lol

 

So just so we are clear, Utah who is currently 2 games behind 8th is a LOCK while OKC who is 2.5 ahead of Utah will ve fighting with the Clippers, who wonylt make it, and NO, POR, and DEN? Ok.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

HOU, GSW, SA, OKC, and MINN are all locks.

Only the first two are locks, although the Spurs and Wolves should both be there. But OKC is far from being a lock.

 

They've already gone 3-6 since Roberson got hurt. He's #4 in the NBA in real defensive +/-, the only non-C/PF in the top 10.

 

 They have the 4th worst defensive rating in the NBA since the injury and are just 1.5 games from falling to 9th place in the West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

So just so we are clear, Utah who is currently 2 games behind 8th is a LOCK while OKC who is 2.5 ahead of Utah will ve fighting with the Clippers, who wonylt make it, and NO, POR, and DEN? Ok.

Utah is only 1.5 games behind the Pelicans, I think it's safe to assume they will catch them with Boogie out of the lineup.

 

If New Orleans misses the cut, which they probably will, then that leaves just one other team who gets left out.

 

Could be the Clippers, but despite all their injuries and trading Blake they are playing way better than anyone thought they could.

 

And the Jazz have won 11 straight, only the Rockets are playing as well as Utah right now. With the Thunder's terrible defense, they're far from a lock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2018 at 9:32 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Point of the matter is no one is really a lock but I dont see OKC missing out on the playoffs.

Houston and Golden State are locks for all intents and purposes. They are so far ahead and so much better than everyone else.

 

Obviously the Spurs aren't a lock with all their injuries and the strong possibility that Kawhi isn't returning before the end of the season.

 

But the chances of them missing the playoffs are very slim, the same goes for Minnesota, and Utah with a healthy Gobert (and Mitchell too).

 

Obviously most people think that OKC belongs in the same category, but even if they do manage to hold on they'll probably be one and done in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Houston and Golden State are locks for all intents and purposes. They are so far ahead and so much better than everyone else.

 

Obviously the Spurs aren't a lock with all their injuries and the strong possibility that Kawhi isn't returning before the end of the season.

 

But the chances of them missing the playoffs are very slim, the same goes for Minnesota, and Utah with a healthy Gobert (and Mitchell too).

 

Obviously most people think that OKC belongs in the same category, but even if they do manage to hold on they'll probably be one and done in April.

Theyve dealt with those same issues all year and have remained #3, all year.

 

Get outa here with that BS. The current top 5 are locked in. Might not be the same order when its all said and done, but they are all making it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 11:46 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Theyve dealt with those same issues all year and have remained #3, all year.

 

The current top 5 are locked in. Might not be the same order when its all said and done, but they are all making it.

If that's what you think, you're entitled. Only 3 games separate 3rd place from 8th place and 4.5 games separate 3rd place from 10th place.

 

Both the Spurs and Thunder have lost 6 of their last 10 games while Denver, Utah, and the Clippers are all hot right now threatening to catch up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Ayton and Ariza are enough to put the Suns over the hump next season. The West is just too damn deep right now.

 

Teams like Dallas, Memphis, Phoenix, and Sacramento have little chance of staying out of the lottery. Same goes for the Zippers.

 

The northwest division is stacked with 5 playoff-caliber teams. I think 4 of them will make it again next season, OKC may be the odd man out.

 

That leaves two potential playoff spots remaining for San Antonio, New Orleans, OKC, and the Lakers. 2 of those teams probably don't make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bink   

The West playoff pool is absolutely brutal. 

 

Warriors and Rockets are locks.

 

After that you have a 49 win Portland team as the 3 seed and 46 win Nuggets team missing the playoffs last season. Absurd difference in games. Of course Suns are out. 

 

Of the final 6, these teams are fighting for spots: Portland, Thunder, Jazz, Pelicans, Spurs, T-Wolves, Nuggets, Lakers. 

 

I think the Blazers and Spurs will regress. This costs the Spurs a spot but not the Blazers. I think LeBron is enough to get LA in, despite the gonzo supporting cast. 

 

I'm going to say it ends up being Warriors/Rockets/OKC/Lakers/Jazz/Pelicans/Wolves/Blazers in the playoffs. Then you have Nuggets/Grizzlies/Spurs looking decently competitive for the 8 spot. 

 

Dallas and Suns are next tier. Sacramento and Clippers bottom out, hard. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bink said:

The West playoff pool is absolutely brutal. 

 

Warriors and Rockets are locks.

 

After that you have a 49 win Portland team as the 3 seed and 46 win Nuggets team missing the playoffs last season. Absurd difference in games. Of course Suns are out. 

 

Of the final 6, these teams are fighting for spots: Portland, Thunder, Jazz, Pelicans, Spurs, T-Wolves, Nuggets, Lakers. 

 

I think the Blazers and Spurs will regress. This costs the Spurs a spot but not the Blazers. I think LeBron is enough to get LA in, despite the gonzo supporting cast. 

 

I'm going to say it ends up being Warriors/Rockets/OKC/Lakers/Jazz/Pelicans/Wolves/Blazers in the playoffs. Then you have Nuggets/Grizzlies/Spurs looking decently competitive for the 8 spot. 

 

Dallas and Suns are next tier. Sacramento and Clippers bottom out, hard. 

 

 

If IT comes back fully healthy, DEN makes it over MEM amd SA. SA lost quite a bit. They're going to have to trade KL at some point. Longer they wait less chemistry they can build. I agree with you that they miss the playoffs. 

 

And I dont believe that the west will be as tight as it was this past year. As you said, POR is taking a step back, so will NOP. I love Randle and think he pairs great with AD but Rondo is a big loss for them. Also I think OKC becomes better without Melo. 

 

Also, you too are sleeping on our roster and especially our young guys. We'll take a top 4 spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, Bink said:

I'm going to say it ends up being Warriors/Rockets/OKC/Lakers/Jazz/Pelicans/Wolves/Blazers in the playoffs. Then you have Nuggets/Grizzlies/Spurs looking decently competitive for the 8 spot. Dallas and Suns are next tier. Sacramento and Clippers bottom out, hard.

The Clippers aren't nearly as bad as the Kings, I'd put the Grizzlies with them down in the bottom tier along with Dallas and Phoenix (12-15).

 

The Suns are close to the Clippers for the 8-11 tier, but I think Portland slips into this group as well as the Spurs and the overrated Thunder.

 

Second tier (4-7) might be the Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets, and Lakers. The top 3 teams in the West are clearly GS, Houston, and Utah right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rank the Western Conference like this:

  1. Golden State
  2. (1a). Houston
  3. Utah
  4. Minnesota
  5. Denver
  6. LA Lakers
  7. San Antonio
  8. New Orleans
  9. OKC
  10. Portland
  11. LA Clippers
  12. Phoenix
  13. Memphis
  14. Dallas
  15. Sacramento
Edited by Oiler FANatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bink   
16 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I would rank the Western Conference like this:

  1. Golden State
  2. (1a). Houston
  3. Utah
  4. Minnesota
  5. Denver
  6. LA Lakers
  7. San Antonio
  8. New Orleans
  9. OKC
  10. Portland
  11. LA Clippers
  12. Phoenix
  13. Memphis
  14. Dallas
  15. Sacramento

I don't see how you have the Clippers so high. With that personnel, they might be fighting for the #1 pick. I think Memphis will probably be closer to the other teams in the top of the West than the bottom with Conley and Gasol back and JJJ looking solid. I don't agree that OKC will be out of the playoffs, but some really good team will be out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...