Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Do my suns got a chance to compete?

Stan   
4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Could be worse.

Hopefully y'all can find a good coach (and maybe new GM?), get something promising from Bledsoe and move on. Build around Devin Booker. 

Would imagine y'all have decent cap space. Maybe get someone to come play with Booker. 

Yes, Earl was a waste of time.

One thing about nba anybody can be a coach.. Even under qualified guys like Watson 

On 10/10/2017 at 10:01 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

:4_joy:

So OKC isn't a lock either then? West keeps getting tougher and tougher. 

OKC looks pretty damn far from being a lock to make the playoffs, despite their wannabe big 3 of Russ, Melo, and George that all the so-called experts crowned as the biggest threat to the Warriors before the start of the season. If they keep playing like this their coach will certainly end up a scapegoat and lose his job in the next month or two. Although according to what you said last season, D'Antoni should be the one on the hot seat right now rather than being the reigning coach of the year, right?

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

OKC is a lock for the playoffs. 

Damn near the entire NBA is a lock for the playoffs.

The Bucks have benefitted more than anyone in the NBA recently it seems because we always somehow squeak in the past few years but it is so watered down because of it. tbh, I would rather have a more entertaining couple weeks compared to my team hosting a couple playoff games and inevitably losing.

Each conference should have 6 teams make the playoffs instead of 8. It's a joke that over half the league makes the playoffs. Same goes for hockey but at least most of those games are usually competitive no matter the matchup, that obviously is not the case with basketball.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Only like 55%.

I clearly did not actually think that close to every team in the league was a lock for the playoff, I was simply making a point that if a team has any semblance of talent they will likely make the playoffs. Professional sports should not be that way, especially one like basketball where there is very little chance of an upset over the course of a series with how the NBA is.

It just makes the entire post season less enjoyable from an entertainment perspective. There's no way anyone can make a valid point that the quality of games overall is comparable to Football, Hockey or even baseball playoffs.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

OKC is a lock for the playoffs. 

More of your typical BS. Only 3 western conference teams are a lock for the playoffs: Houston, Golden State, and the Spurs. That's it. The remaining 5 spots are wide open with Minnesota as the next closest team to being a lock. After that you have teams like Denver and Utah both missing key players, but once they're back they should be OK. Then Portland and New Orleans are both looking decent right now.

OKC is looking no better than Memphis, who just fired their coach, or either LA team. The Clippers are decimated by injuries, so at least they have an excuse. But the Thunder have had 20 games already for Melo and George to try and succeed along with Russ, but since both he and Carmelo are such selfish players they obviously can't co-exist with each other given they both have to be the #1 guy just like when KD was there and had to go to Oakland to win a championship.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Well, I would make a bet that says OKC will make it.

But we all know you love talking shit without backing it up so....

OKC is dominating everything but the 4th quarter. They will figure it out, make the playoffs, then beat yall as your face has the "wtf just happened" look on it.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well, I would make a bet that says OKC will make it.

But we all know you love talking shit without backing it up so....

OKC is dominating everything but the 4th quarter. They will figure it out, make the playoffs, then beat yall as your face has the "wtf just happened" look on it.

For sure on all of this, minus Houston being 1 and done in the playoffs... There's no way OKC doesn't make the playoffs

7 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

For sure on all of this, minus Houston being 1 and done in the playoffs... There's no way OKC doesn't make the playoffs

They are only 4 games from the 4th seed.  A lot will happen from now til then.

Just because they make the playoffs doesn't mean they play HOU in round 1. 

However, if they do make the playoffs, any team in the top 3 (aka HOU, SA, GSW) would rather play any other team than OKC. We'll see about MINN. I havent watched them enough but I hear their D is straight garbage right now.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:11 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

OKC is dominating everything but the 4th quarter.

Nothing new there. I think it was two seasons ago when they led the league in 4th quarter meltdowns then last season Westbrook was constantly trying to win games all by himself in the 4th and predictably he would fail miserably almost every single time.

But sure, whatever you say. They're dominating every quarter except for the only one that counts, no big deal right? Once Russ and Melo magically find a way to stop being two of the most selfish players in the NBA they will surely fix everything wrong with the Thunder and then somehow reach last season's 47-win total and sneak into the playoffs where they will surely be swept in the first round by either Houston, Golden State, or San Antonio.

56 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Nothing new there. I think it was two seasons ago when they led the league in 4th quarter meltdowns then last season Westbrook was constantly trying to win games all by himself in the 4th and predictably he would fail miserably almost every single time.

Yet they made the 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs. But yea, failed, almost every time.

56 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

But sure, whatever you say. They're dominating every quarter except for the only one that counts, no big deal right? Once Russ and Melo magically find a way to stop being two of the most selfish players in the NBA they will surely fix everything wrong with the Thunder and then somehow reach last season's 47-win total and sneak into the playoffs where they will surely be swept in the first round by either Houston, Golden State, or San Antonio.

No one said it wasnt a big deal, just that it's not as alarming of a problem as haters like you like to think.

Like usual, you have to think if something isnt white then it has to be black. There is no middle ground with you.

I say someone isnt a superstar and you act like im saying hes 9th man on the bench material.

I say Lonzo shows how good he can be and Im calling him a HOFer.

I say OKC has one issue and you make it out to be the biggest issue you can have, and that I think its nothing.

You go to the extreme with everything. Immature state of mind.

The western conference has separated itself into 3 groups right now. Golden State, Houston, and San Antonio should get the top 3 spots when the playoffs begin. I think there will be a substantial gap in the standings between the 3rd and 4th seed teams.

Then there should be six teams fighting for spots 4-8: most likely the Pelicans plus the entire Northwest division. Right now the Thunder would be the odd team out at #9, mostly due to their inconsistency of beating good teams and losing to bad ones. The rest of the conference, basically the Pacific division excluding the Warriors plus the Mavs and Grizzlies are all destined to be lottery bound.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:11 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Well, I would make a bet that says OKC will make it. OKC is dominating everything but the 4th quarter. They will figure it out, make the playoffs, then beat yall as your face has the "wtf just happened" look on it.

There's still no guarantee they will. Two teams will be left out in the West. Houston and Golden State are the only true locks, no one else is even close.

The Spurs are currently 10 games behind, and that number will only continue to grow. Even if the Wolves pass them they won't get that much closer.

There are only 5 games separating 3rd from 10th place and with Utah winning 10 straight that number is shrinking every day. Watch out for the Jazz.

The Spurs are too good to miss the playoffs, and I doubt Minnesota will either. The way Utah is playing right now they will definitely make it too.

That leaves OKC, Portland, Denver, New Orleans, and the Clippers battling for 3 playoff spots. Two of those teams aren't going to make the postseason.

Edited by Oiler FANatic