Do my suns got a chance to compete?

Stan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy shit what a shit show this team has become. This is what happens when we have a cheap ass owner that doesn’t pay players and a front office that keeps scrubs and trades away guys like Dragic and

The Suns are not going to make the playoffs. They have nice young talent. They need to keep drafting well and they might make the playoffs in 2-3 years as the make up of the conference changes. The West is just too stacked. 

On 10/2/2017 at 9:28 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Lol. Serious question or troll attempt?

They do have serious talent in the backcourt. I think it would be hard, but you never know.

Been a fan ever since I moved to San Diego in 2000. I drove from Nashville to California and I stopped in Phoenix to sleep I nearly ended up staying Arizona is probably the best place to live in the country if you can stand the heat. I remember the run and shoot days with Steve Nash Amare and The rest of the boys. 

It's been hard I usually drive out to games or drive up to watch them play the lakers or clippers. When you've constantly been a loser past 5 years it's hard to want to keep spending money on traveling 

On 10/2/2017 at 11:35 AM, Bink said:

The Suns are not going to make the playoffs. The West is just too stacked. 

Way too stacked, you practically have to win 50 games to finish in the top 8 these days.

Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, and Utah are all locks.

Then Minnesota, Portland, New Orleans, and the Clippers will fight for the other spots.

48 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Utah is not a lock although I'm not completely writing them off due to losing Hayward.

Pelicans are not that good imo and I believe they will end up trading Cousins at some point. Don't think they make the playoffs.

Portland barely made it last year and they didn't get better at all.

Memphis got worse, they will fall out of the playoffs this year. Clippers could potentially fall out as well.

Yeah. You have to pencil in Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, and Oklahoma city. Not just in it, but contenders. Next I think the Wolves are a virtual lock with Jimmy Butler. 

Who else? You have three of Memphis, Dallas, Portland, Denver, Clippers, Jazz, and Pelicans. Phoenix, LA, and Sacramento just don't have the fire power yet. I think it's pretty safe to lump Dallas in that group too. 

Right now I'd say Memphis, Denver, and Portland sneak in--but those are mainly my preferences. Jazz are weird. I like Rubio on that team and we might see a Hood evolution. We're about to find out how good Gobert really is.  

Utah may not be a lock, but I think they might beat out OKC to win their division, unless Minnesota wins it which is a distinct possibility. That division will be the most competitive in the West, all 5 teams in the Northwest should be playoff contenders.

The only contenders in the Pacific are the Clippers and Warriors, and probably just barely for the Clippers only because it's such a weak division which Golden State will win by 20 games.

The Southwest has two great teams, but not much else. The Pelicans could fight for the 8th seed along with the Clippers and maybe Portland, or whoever finishes last in the NW.

Dallas is by far the worst Texas team right now, and Memphis may not be that much better with what should be the worst offense in the NBA.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

On 10/10/2017 at 10:01 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

So OKC isn't a lock either then? West keeps getting tougher and tougher. 

They're certainly not a lock to win the deepest division in the NBA, that's for sure. Minnesota or Utah could easily beat them out, all this talk of the Thunder challenging the Warriors is an absolute joke! OKC is at best the 4th seed in the West.

They will have to rely on Melo, Russ, and George for most of their scoring since Roberson can rarely be relied on to contribute at all on offense. And Westbrook barely plays any more defense than Melo, so PG13 will be their only player who they can rely on both ends of the court. But since Melo and Westbrook are such selfish players, it's unlikely that Paul George will get the ball enough to score more than 16-18 PPG.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit what a shit show this team has become. This is what happens when we have a cheap ass owner that doesn’t pay players and a front office that keeps scrubs and trades away guys like Dragic and Thomas. We got blown out 40 plus points and look like a JV team. Now we fired our head coach who had no business being a head coach and Bledsoe is gonna be traded any minute. Damn, what happened to the run and gun team I fell in love with. 

It’s just maddening when a owner and front office ruins a team. The Sixers, Knicks, Suns, Magic, Kings and Nets are all losers because of their ownership and front office staffs. 

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Could be worse.

Hopefully y'all can find a good coach (and maybe new GM?), get something promising from Bledsoe and move on. Build around Devin Booker. 

Would imagine y'all have decent cap space. Maybe get someone to come play with Booker. 

Yes, Earl was a waste of time.

One thing about nba anybody can be a coach.. Even under qualified guys like Watson 

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2017 at 10:01 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

:4_joy:

So OKC isn't a lock either then? West keeps getting tougher and tougher. 

OKC looks pretty damn far from being a lock to make the playoffs, despite their wannabe big 3 of Russ, Melo, and George that all the so-called experts crowned as the biggest threat to the Warriors before the start of the season. If they keep playing like this their coach will certainly end up a scapegoat and lose his job in the next month or two. Although according to what you said last season, D'Antoni should be the one on the hot seat right now rather than being the reigning coach of the year, right?

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

OKC is a lock for the playoffs. 

Damn near the entire NBA is a lock for the playoffs.

The Bucks have benefitted more than anyone in the NBA recently it seems because we always somehow squeak in the past few years but it is so watered down because of it. tbh, I would rather have a more entertaining couple weeks compared to my team hosting a couple playoff games and inevitably losing.

Each conference should have 6 teams make the playoffs instead of 8. It's a joke that over half the league makes the playoffs. Same goes for hockey but at least most of those games are usually competitive no matter the matchup, that obviously is not the case with basketball.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Only like 55%.

I clearly did not actually think that close to every team in the league was a lock for the playoff, I was simply making a point that if a team has any semblance of talent they will likely make the playoffs. Professional sports should not be that way, especially one like basketball where there is very little chance of an upset over the course of a series with how the NBA is.

It just makes the entire post season less enjoyable from an entertainment perspective. There's no way anyone can make a valid point that the quality of games overall is comparable to Football, Hockey or even baseball playoffs.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

OKC is a lock for the playoffs. 

More of your typical BS. Only 3 western conference teams are a lock for the playoffs: Houston, Golden State, and the Spurs. That's it. The remaining 5 spots are wide open with Minnesota as the next closest team to being a lock. After that you have teams like Denver and Utah both missing key players, but once they're back they should be OK. Then Portland and New Orleans are both looking decent right now.

OKC is looking no better than Memphis, who just fired their coach, or either LA team. The Clippers are decimated by injuries, so at least they have an excuse. But the Thunder have had 20 games already for Melo and George to try and succeed along with Russ, but since both he and Carmelo are such selfish players they obviously can't co-exist with each other given they both have to be the #1 guy just like when KD was there and had to go to Oakland to win a championship.

Edited by Oiler FANatic