Massive shooting in Vegas

Stan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's from Ireland dumbass, as in he doesn't live here.

I don’t expect to see any faux outrage from politicians on this.  When the US didn’t pass any gun control laws after Sandy Hook, you decided that having mass shootings like this is an acceptable price

sadly this is 100% dead on. If a bunch of dead kids didn't move the needle nothing will.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, oldschool said:

No offense but I woud be careful spouting this as fact. We simply don't know at this point in time. Also the sale of Automatic weapons is illegal however converting them via a kit is not. Lastly, too many get hung up on the term automatic. A semi-automatic weapon can also do incredible amounts of damage in the person firing it knows what they are doing.

That’s a good point. I’ll edit it to say IMO.

23 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It was an automatic. They are illegal. So what makes you think if all, or even more guns are outlawed, that people still wont get their hands on them?

It's no different than drugs. There is still a lot coke, heroin, and others that kill people. 

People would still get guns. Everyone bitching that players have the right to protest. We also have a right to protect ourselves with guns.

So you want to keep one right but take another away? Sounds about right....

But back to the topic. Very sad and troubling. 

Just like racism though, nothing is going to stop this. If people want to do it, they will do it.

You're either out of your mind or retarded if you can't see that gun control is arguably the UNited states biggest problem. The fact that there are a huge amount of people who think like you in government is insane to most non US citizens, and those politicians have blood on their hands yet again

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Lol. Typical name calling. Original.

Like I'm suppose to know that just because his name suggests that he's Irish? Like there aren't Irish Americans?

Then maybe he should move here, become an American citizen, jump into politics, and make a difference if he cares so much.

if you actually took the time to absorb the content of his posts you would know right away he's not American. Reading Comp, try it. You are the reason Europeans look down on Americans.

19 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

But do people usually carry automatics around with them and rent two hotel rooms?

I believe this was very much premeditated.

But why? What's the motive? 

18 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well then hey, if you feel that way so strongly.

Get your ass in politics and make a difference. If you know how to make the country a better place, stop speaking on it and start doing something about it.

Otherwise, you're just another person who wants to bitch about others not doing what YOU feel is best.

Kind of like what you do regarding the anthem protests?

19 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Well then hey, if you feel that way so strongly.

Get your ass in politics and make a difference. If you know how to make the country a better place, stop speaking on it and start doing something about it.

Otherwise, you're just another person who wants to bitch about others not doing what YOU feel is best.

Classy response. Isn't this what Obama tried to do? How did that work out for him?

After every mass shooting, the NRA used the "Obama is coming to get our guns" and gun sales went through  the roof.  In fact, Obama will go down as the greatest gun salesman in history. The NRA and gun manufacturers should send him a thank you card for the way they used his name to sell guns.

It's interesting that the NRA has been silent this year. I'm not hearing "the only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with the gun" or advocating for teachers to have guns in the schools. I wonder why.

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

It's not about comprehension which your lazy ass can't even spell out. And as much as I would love to dive into it more, I don't take every chance to go off topic like you. And I'm definitely not going to derail this one with a discussion about me not knowing a poster as well as you.

So back to the point of this thread and other related issues.

Again, if he cares so much about gun control in America, he should take the necessary steps to help make the U.S. a better place. Or he can just continue to sit back, watch, and bitch about it like you. That will surely make things better.

Jake, honestly man, this isn't a good argument. Discourse is action. If you truly believe what you are saying, then no one should ever utter a single word about politics, ever. We know this isn't how society works. 

Here's the challenge: engage with the issue. Let's have a discussion about these shootings. Do we agree there is a problem? I think we all can agree shootings of this nature are morally wrong. If so, how should we--as a collective society--address them? 

The way the gun lobby has shaped attitudes about guns in this country is very alarming. You talk to any gun owner one on one and you will immediately hear about how guns should be respected, should always be held with personal responsibility, and those owners will always have many pieces of advice about how to handle guns. 

So on an individual level, we get it. On a national level, the idea though that we should view guns responsibly goes completely out the window. I don't understand it. I don't know if I ever will.