Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Knicks trade Melo to the Thunder

On 11/27/2017 at 4:14 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Talk to me in May and June 

Houston is already 8.5 games ahead of OKC. When Melo got shipped there after the trade to Houston fell through, everyone said the Thunder would compete with Golden State with their mighty big 3 of Russ, Melo, and George. They did beat them, but so did Houston.

You said OKC would win more games than Houston and I was a coward for not taking whatever stupid bet that they wouldn't. I don't have to bet when I know I'm right.

12 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Houston is already 8.5 games ahead of OKC. When Melo got shipped there after the trade to Houston fell through, everyone said the Thunder would compete with Golden State with their mighty big 3 of Russ, Melo, and George. They did beat them, but so did Houston.

You said OKC would win more games than Houston and I was a coward for not taking whatever stupid bet that they wouldn't. I don't have to bet when I know I'm right.

It doesn't look like they have a better record,  but they will be in the playoffs. And we'll see what happens then. 

And yes, you were a coward for not taking the bet feeling the way you did. And now your a punk for wanting to talk shit on it when you were a coward for not taking it.

17 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It doesn't look like they have a better record,  but they will be in the playoffs. And we'll see what happens then.

OKC was one and done last year with Westbrook playing the best season of his career, one he will never top. The Rockets, Warriors, and Spurs will all finish in the top 4, most likely top 3. The Thunder have yet to beat a single team in their division and are currently 3-9 against the West. They will be lucky to finish anywhere between 4th and 8th in the conference this season.

On 9/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, Kyle021 said:

so much for the next greatest big three of Anthony, Paul, Harden whom would be better than the warriors!

Now the Rockets can get Melo for next to nothing (MLE) and there won't be all the hoopla like there was last year when he went to OKC.

After he was traded there everyone expected the "OK3" to challenge the Warriors, and the Rockets were the only team that even came close.

But after losing Ariza and Mbah a Moute, two of their best defenders, they will have to figure out a way to make up for those losses.

Obviously Melo would be a substantial downgrade on the defensive end, but he would also be a considerable upgrade to their offense.

If the Rockets had gotten him a year ago, even if they had to lose Ariza to get him, everyone would have been jumping on their bandwagon.

But if they get him now for next to nothing, people will hardly even take notice. He will give them a legitimate big 4, even if you don't think so.

14 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Obviously Melo would be a substantial downgrade on the defensive end, but he would also be a considerable upgrade to their offense.

If the Rockets had gotten him a year ago, even if they had to lose Ariza to get him, everyone would have been jumping on their bandwagon.

But if they get him now for next to nothing, people will hardly even take notice. He will give them a legitimate big 4, even if you don't think so.

5 points is not a considerable upgrade.  Especially when your offense is based on ball movement and quickness. Melo will slow that offense thw fuck down. Yea, his 16 points might be better than Arizas 12 individually, but what effect will he have on the overall offense? He will hamper it.

Everyone jump on your bandwagon becauzd of Melo.

Lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao. Fucking hilarious.

Legitmate big 4. Lmao lmao lmao

How is Melo considered a "big" anything when every team that wants him (which is basically just HOU), wants him to come off the bench? Lol.

Everyone cant seperate name value from true value. Very sad. 

I hope yall get him because I camt wait to see how you blame him for your failures as OKC gets better simppy becUse they cut his ass and yall added him.

He is a cancer at his age. He's a anchor. Amd not in the good sense of the word.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

On 7/16/2018 at 3:07 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Everyone jump on your bandwagon becauzd of Melo. How is Melo considered a "big" anything when every team that wants him (which is basically just HOU), wants him to come off the bench? Lol. I hope yall get him because I camt wait to see how you blame him for your failures as OKC gets better simppy becUse they cut his ass and yall added him.

No one will be jumping on the Rockets bandwagon when Melo joins the team, which is basically a foregone conclusion at this point.

He may come off the bench, which would probably work out best, and most likely give them one of the highest scoring second units in the NBA.

You wondered last season who would provide them bench scoring besides Gordon, and those two should average almost 35 PPG between them.

If he had joined this team a year ago I guarantee people would have been saying that Houston was a serious threat to beat Golden State.

Even when he went to OKC people were saying that and just because the Thunder are ridiculously overrated people make Melo the scapegoat.

And I know just like last year you are going to guarantee that OKC wins more games than Houston, which is completely preposterous. Melo or no Melo.

The Rockets next season will be much closer to being the 65-17 team they were last season than they will be to the 41-41 team they were 3 years ago.

While your Lakers are fighting for a playoff spot alongside teams like the Thunder, the Rockets will continue being one of the elite teams in the NBA.

My point was even if you got him last year, no one was jumping on your bandwagon that wasn't already there.

Lakers and Thunder are locks to make the playoffs. Book it.

I dont think you realoze how much better OKC is without Melo and how much better we are with LBJ.

The hate doesn't allow you to I guess.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:33 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

My point was even if you got him last year, no one was jumping on your bandwagon that wasn't already there.

Lakers and Thunder are locks to make the playoffs. Book it.

I dont think you realoze how much better OKC is without Melo and how much better we are with LBJ.

OKC is better defensively, but not offensively. Overall they're no better than they were last season, your love for Russ and PG is adorable.

You seem to forget how everyone was jizzing all over the Thunder when they traded for Melo just weeks before the regular season started.

The problem with OKC has always been Westbrook and his selfish style of play which only serves to pad his stats, not good team basketball.

The Thunder will have a very good defense next season with Paul George and a healthy Roberson, and of course not having Melo helps too.

Jerami Grant taking over in the starting lineup won't score 16 PPG like Carmelo did. Nor will Schroder as Westbrook's backup, or even Adams.

Westbrook and George already scored close to half of the team's points last season, almost 44%. There's not much more those two can do.

The whole addition by subtraction argument doesn't work here. They gained defense, but lost more on offense. Will they even average 100 PPG?

Wasn't OKC a lock to make the playoffs last season too? According to you definitely. And they barely squeaked in just 2 games ahead of Denver.

So you think both the Thunder and Lakers are locks to make the playoffs. That means only 4 teams out from a group that includes Utah (more of a lock than either IMO), Minnesota, Denver, San Antonio, Portland, and New Orleans are going to make the playoffs? Whatever. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

OKC is better defensively, but not offensively. Overall they're no better than they were last season, your love for Russ and PG is adorable.

Yes they are. PG will up his scoring. Combine that with the addition of Schroder coming off the bench who scored 17 and 19 pts per the last two seasons. They will easilu overcome Melos scoring. And with that trade and Dennis coming off their bench, they kust made their bench unit stronger. Grant will most likely replace Melo as a starter who is a much faster, quicker, and versatile defender. He average 8 per while shooting 53%. He'll likely increase that average to about 10 or 12 per. Their offense will be just fine. As it has always been even going back to the Durant days, the storyline to watch is how they finish games....

You seem to forget how everyone was jizzing all over the Thunder when they traded for Melo just weeks before the regular season started.

Everyone? Even though I been said trading for Melo was a bad move by them? Even though I said Melo would hurt any potential contender that traded for him? Yall are no different. You wont be the same team this year. Addition by subtraction is true. OKC got better, and yall got worse by losing what you did and adding selfish, over the hill Melo.

The problem with OKC has always been Westbrook and his selfish style of play which only serves to pad his stats, not good team basketball.

Thats funny considering PG had his third best year in the league last year while playing with an entirely new team with a teammate in Melo who waa the most selfish on that team. Watch how much better PG gets just by Melo not being there and Westbrook being his same old self. Also, Adams, who is only a year older than Capela bascially put up the same numbers aside from boards and blocks. So Adams gets as many points as Capela, PG gets as many as CP, actually more. Maybe Harden is equal to Westbrook.  Surely you wont say that.....

The Thunder will have a very good defense next season with Paul George and a healthy Roberson, and of course not having Melo helps too.

Obviously

Jerami Grant taking over in the starting lineup won't score 16 PPG like Carmelo did. Nor will Schroder as Westbrook's backup, or even Adams.

You're crazy. And I explained why in the forst part. Adding Schroder to the bench improves their bench a good margin. And no, Grant alone wont make up for Melos scoring. But he provides more in other areas than did Melo. Also, if he scores about 10-12 a game, Im willing to bet PG picks up the leftovers without Melo holding onto the ball too long and jacking up dumbass shots. Melo shot the worst % of his career last year and acwraged more threes per game than ever. He has become a lazy selfish shot jacker. Their entire offense will be better without him. Just because he averaged 16 points doesn't mean it will hurt them because he's gone.

Westbrook and George already scored close to half of the team's points last season, almost 44%. There's not much more those two can do.

PG averaged 21. He averaged 23 twice. He coukd definitely get to 25 easy now that Melo wont be jacking up 15 shots per game. 16 pts on 15 ahots. Thats fucking pathetic. And you think their offense will suffer because of it. Lmao. And you say idk Bball. Please. You're bball knowledge lacks depth. 

The whole addition by subtraction argument doesn't work here. They gained defense, but lost more on offense. Will they even average 100 PPG?

Just fucking stupid. I already posted how he killed their plus minus when he was on the floor. Just explained how he put up 16 pts on 15 shots. Thats fucking awful. The ball movement will be much better. They'll replace him with Grant who can run the floor much better. Can actually run with RW and PG. Yes, addition by subtraction works here. And you'll see how bad he huets your up tempo offense. 

Wasn't OKC a lock to make the playoffs last season too? According to you definitely. And they barely squeaked in just 2 games ahead of Denver.

More idiotic shit. They were a lock. And they did make it. To try and diminish it is grasping for straws....to say they barely made it, you would have to say teams 3 through 8 barely made it. Stop being a fucking moron. Its the West, it was never going to be easy. Especially for a team adding two players who were main parts of their team. But watch how closer yall are to the rest of the pack this year after the offseason you had. Watch. 

So you think both the Thunder and Lakers are locks to make the playoffs. That means only 4 teams out from a group that includes Utah (more of a lock than either IMO), Minnesota, Denver, San Antonio, Portland, and New Orleans are going to make the playoffs? Whatever. :rolleyes:

SA and NO wont make it. The ither should. SA lost a good amount. Gasol is older. They could make it, but I believe the last 4 are Utah, MINN, DEN, and POR.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

SA and NO wont make it. The ither should. SA lost a good amount. Gasol is older. They could make it, but I believe the last 4 are Utah, MINN, DEN, and POR.

What did SA lose from last years playoff team?   Leonard did not play last year so he is not a loss, but they got DeRosan.  

6 hours ago, Little Earl said:

What did SA lose from last years playoff team?   Leonard did not play last year so he is not a loss, but they got DeRosan.  

Tony Parker, Danny Green. And Kyle Anderson. Good chance are Manu retires.

3 solid bench players plus a solid starting 2 G. Three of which are great veteran leaders who know how to win. All unselfish. Knew the offense well and what Pop wanted to do... Outside of Rozan, Poetle and Marco, they didnt bring anyone else in. Im skeptical of Marco and is one trick and Poetle is so so.

DeMar and Aldridge are two guys who really haven't proven they can win. Dejonte Murray is overrated af. 3 assist and 8 points as a starting PG? That's worse than both LAs PGs.

3 or 4 to 8 will be just as tight this year. They finished 7th but tied for 7th/8th.

Two more loses and they arent a playoff team.

Imo, Lakers make it, so that pushes one of the bottom 3 out. SA, NO, or MINN.

I think DEN also makes it. They were very close and if Michael Porter Jr is as good as advertised, and with the addition of Isiah Thomas, I think that puts them over the hump.

Imo, MINN is sketchy with the Butler comments. Who knows how their season goes. NOP added Julius Randle who should compliment AD great. Also added Payton to offset the loss of Rondo.

Imo, DEN and LA are the new teams in, SA and MINN are out. 

And saying they don't make the playoffs isnt saying they wont be good.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

rns90   
3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Tony Parker, Danny Green. And Kyle Anderson. Good chance are Manu retires.

3 solid bench players plus a solid starting 2 G. Three of which are great veteran leaders who know how to win. All unselfish. Knew the offense well and what Pop wanted to do... Outside of Rozan, Poetle and Marco, they didnt bring anyone else in. Im skeptical of Marco and is one trick and Poetle is so so.

DeMar and Aldridge are two guys who really haven't proven they can win. Dejonte Murray is overrated af. 3 assist and 8 points as a starting PG? That's worse than both LAs PGs.

3 or 4 to 8 will be just as tight this year. They finished 7th but tied for 7th/8th.

Parker was awful and Green hasn't shot well in 2 years.  You obviously don't watch the Spurs.  They'll lose defense with Green and Anderson.  They drafted Lonnie Walker with their first rounder.

They couldn't score for shit last year at least DeRozan gives them another shot creator.  And Ginobili is coming back for another year.

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

Parker was awful and Green hasn't shot well in 2 years.  You obviously don't watch the Spurs.  They'll lose defense with Green and Anderson.  They drafted Lonnie Walker with their first rounder.

They couldn't score for shit last year at least DeRozan gives them another shot creator.  And Ginobili is coming back for another year.

If Parker was awful as a backup, what does that make their starter Murray who didn't play much better?

Defense is a big thing to lose. But act like it is not that valuable.

Lonnie Walker. Lmao he wasn't even the best player on their summer league team. Not even second best. 11.5 ppg in college. Gonna be a big impact there, for sure!

Where does it say Manu is coming back? He is under contract, but latest reports are he is contemplating retirement. Even if he does come back, you make it sound as if its great news. He played just as well as Parker who you said was awful lol.