Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Knicks trade Melo to the Thunder

11 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Why are you so quick to argue that you just make my point for me? That's exactly what I said! Of course Melo isn't good enough to sway Russ into signing his extension! The Thunder made the move out of total desperation, just like when they traded for George. Both of them aren't FA's exactly, but they will likely opt out of their contracts just like I said (if you even bothered to read it).

Lol. I did. You said Russ should have signed as soon as they traded for Melo.  Makes no sense.

11 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Actually Harden is a combo guard who can play both spots very well. When Paul is on the floor he will be the PG, although he will obviously let Harden bring the ball up court on occasion. Harden is basically going to be the best backup PG in the NBA as long as he is playing alongside the best pure PG since Stockton. As far as CP3's scoring goes, they already get 25-30 PPG from Harden. You act like PG13 scores that much more while they're really about the same.

Paul should get around 17 or 18 PPG while Gordon, Anderson, Capela, and Ariza will all contribute plenty of points as well. They could easily average between 115 and 120 PPG this season, so as long as they can hold most of their opponents under 110 PPG the Rockets should win between 55 and 60 games. I will be heartbroken if they don't win a championship, but they are definitely going to be perennial contenders for many years to come.

Easily, huh? Good luck with that.

Good luck with that as well.

On 09/27/2017 at 0:06 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Lol. I did. You said Russ should have signed as soon as they traded for Melo.  Makes no sense.

Do you not know how to read? I said if they were truly going to challenge the Warriors then he would have signed his extension ASAP. Obviously the media is grossly overrating the Thunder since they acquired Melo which is why Russ hasn't signed yet. Both Melo and PG were brought in out of desperation to try and keep Russ from leaving like Durant did last year. But both can, and likely will, opt out next summer. OKC could possibly end up losing all 3 of them if Westbrook refuses to sign his deal and becomes a FA. If that happens, they will instantly become the worst team in the NBA next summer.

On 09/26/2017 at 0:52 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

They added PG and Melo who both can shoot 3s efficiently when Westbrook drives and needs to dish.

I suppose shooting 37% and 34.6% from 3-point range respectively can be considered efficient when compared to a pathetic 3-point shooter like Westbrook who has shot just 31.3% during his overrated career. Instead of being the worst 3-point shooting team, they might be just 2nd or 3rd worst next season.

The Rockets 5 primary outside players are all better 3-point shooters than Melo and Russ, and we could see all of them make 200 3-pointers next season for the first time in NBA history. Anderson is a 38.1% 3-point shooter, Gordon shoots 38%, Paul shoots 37%, Harden shoots 36.4%, and even Ariza at 35.1% is still much better

On 9/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Do you not know how to read? I said if they were truly going to challenge the Warriors then he would have signed his extension ASAP. Obviously the media is grossly overrating the Thunder since they acquired Melo which is why Russ hasn't signed yet. Both Melo and PG were brought in out of desperation to try and keep Russ from leaving like Durant did last year. But both can, and likely will, opt out next summer. OKC could possibly end up losing all 3 of them if Westbrook refuses to sign his deal and becomes a FA. If that happens, they will instantly become the worst team in the NBA next summer.

I do. You're the one not using common sense.

I said all of them are FAs after this year. So even if they could threaten the Warriors, THIS YEAR, why would he sign an extension without knowing if his teammates will stay or go?

It makes ZERO sense to sign now. He will know more about the Thunders future after the season.

Signing right now would be complete stupidity. And you're writing them off because he hasn't signed an extension? It doesnt mean he believes they can't compete with the best.

Stop being a moron.  And like I said before. If that is the dumb logic your using. Then CP3 must not expect to compete with them as well since he hasn't signed an extension yet....see how that works? Sounds dumb, right? Yes it does.

But go ahead. Let me here the dumbass double standard you're going to use as to why each situation is different.

On 9/28/2017 at 3:52 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

I suppose shooting 37% and 34.6% from 3-point range respectively can be considered efficient when compared to a pathetic 3-point shooter like Westbrook who has shot just 31.3% during his overrated career. Instead of being the worst 3-point shooting team, they might be just 2nd or 3rd worst next season.

PG is going from a 8th seeded EC team, whereas Melo is leaving a team that didnt make the playoffs in the EC.

They are both going to a team that finished 5th or 6th in the West. With the only notable player being that overrated guy you speak of.

If you want to take what they did as the go to guys on fairly bad teams and think it will translate over to the Thunder, you'll be mistaken.

Melo is going to be to the Thunder what Love is to CLE. Only difference is Melo will be a much more reliable threat to hit the open shots Love couldn't.

PG is no longer going to have to play Batman and DO most of the heavy lifting on his own. Westbrook will collapse the D and George will have room to operate unlike he did in IND.

Wait and see homie. You also said Harden was winning the MVP when I told you it would be Russ.

Keep disagreeing though, your bound to be right one of these times. 

Hint. It won't be this time.

What would you like to bet that OKC has a better record than HOU this year?

On 09/29/2017 at 6:53 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Signing right now would be complete stupidity. And like I said before. If that is the dumb logic your using. Then CP3 must not expect to compete with them as well since he hasn't signed an extension yet....see how that works? But go ahead. Let me here the dumbass double standard you're going to use as to why each situation is different.

We all know Russell Westbrook is the poster child for complete stupidity. Thank you captain obvious.

Of course each situation is totally different, OKC offered him an extension and the idiot took it after they traded away half their team for two guys will will go elsewhere in free agency next summer. On the other hand, the Rockets have not even offered an extension to CP3 yet, why would they? If/when he proves himself this season they will offer him a fair deal next year, and given the fact how much he likes it here in Houston he will likely take it.

Only thing I got from this post was your too bitch to take my bet.

13 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

We all know Russell Westbrook is the poster child for complete stupidity. Thank you captain obvious.

Of course each situation is totally different, OKC offered him an extension and the idiot took it after they traded away half their team for two guys will will go elsewhere in free agency next summer. On the other hand, the Rockets have not even offered an extension to CP3 yet, why would they? If/when he proves himself this season they will offer him a fair deal next year, and given the fact how much he likes it here in Houston he will likely take it.

If and when he proves himself? You seem to think he doesn't have to. Why trade for him if you don't already believe in him. Lol

On 9/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

What would you like to bet that OKC has a better record than HOU this year?

On 10/1/2017 at 2:46 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Only thing I got from this post was your too bitch to take my bet.

You still think OKC is better than Houston? Their big 3 is a joke, and CP3 has barely played 30 minutes so far this season. Once he returns the Rockets 9-man rotation of Harden, Paul, Gordon, Capela, Anderson, Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Nene, and Tucker will be among the best in the NBA.

What do I care about some sophomoric avatar bet? The only thing I could ever want from you is your being completely and utterly wrong about how great the Rockets truly are!

Edited by Oiler FANatic

16 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

You still think OKC is better than Houston? Their big 3 is a joke, and CP3 has barely played 30 minutes so far this season. Once he returns the Rockets 9-man rotation of Harden, Paul, Gordon, Capela, Anderson, Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Nene, and Tucker will be among the best in the NBA.

What do I care about some sophomoric avatar bet? The only thing I could ever want from you is your being completely and utterly wrong about how great the Rockets truly are!

You love talking shit in hindsight. You love bringing old shit up that you wouldnt respond to at the actual time it was originated. You're so fake.

And the only way im going to be wrong is if yall beat GSW and get to the Finals, which aint happening. We know they're good. Being great in the regualr season doesnt make you great, sorry.

The season is young and as good as yall have been and as bad as OKC has been, they are only 3.5 back. You act like that is an insurmountable lead. 

Do I have to bring up the huge lead the Stros lost in the AL? And yea, I know your ass will try and downplay that collapse because they won the series, but that is totally besides the point. They still blew the 1st seed after a much larger lead than the Rockets currently have.

22 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Talk to me in May and June 

Don't worry about me, let's see if you are still talking here after the Lakers are lottery bound yet again.

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Don't worry about me, let's see if you are still talking here after the Lakers are lottery bound yet again.

A moron like you would think that matters.

I never expected them to make the playoffs this year. And if you dont make the playoffs in this league, you're in the lottery. Lmao. Sooooo...big deal?