Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Knicks trade Melo to the Thunder

I know, right. I mean when you think it's going to happen  and think they'd be able to beat a team led by James and George, you gotta be butt hurt.

Tell you what, as much as I'd love to see George in LA, I'm almost hoping they stay in OKC, add depth, and take out KD and the Warriors themselves.

Would make for a hell of a story.

I say that because I feel confident in what Ball and Ingram will become.

6 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

so much for the next greatest big three of Anthony, Paul, Harden

C'est la vie. Now all those delusional fans in OKC are thinking they will be the next great thing with Russ, Melo, and PG13. But the fact of the matter is they traded away most of what depth they had to add those two. And Westbrook has yet to sign his big extension, then both Melo and George will likely opt out next summer anyway. So without Melo around as a distraction in Houston, it should be much easier for the Rockets to concentrate on re-signing CP3, Capela, and Ariza after next season.

rns90   
15 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

C'est la vie. Now all those delusional fans in OKC are thinking they will be the next great thing with Russ, Melo, and PG13. But the fact of the matter is they traded away most of what depth they had to add those two. And Westbrook has yet to sign his big extension, then both Melo and George will likely opt out next summer anyway. So without Melo around as a distraction in Houston, it should be much easier for the Rockets to concentrate on re-signing CP3, Capela, and Ariza after next season.

All 3 of those players need the ball too.  3 Ballstoppers.  You have to wonder who is going to sacrifice their stats in order to make this work.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:41 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Y'all did the same thing for CP3 but say you got better. Fucking delusional.

Now Melo would be a distraction in HOU all of a sudden? Lmao.

You just went as far to say they'd be the second best in the West with him. Now he's a distraction. Loser.

On 09/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, rns90 said:

All 3 of those players need the ball too.  3 Ballstoppers.  You have to wonder who is going to sacrifice their stats in order to make this work.

I guarantee it won't be Mr. "I'd rather have a triple-double than a win". The chemistry in OKC is bound to be terrible, while both Melo and George will opt out next summer to go to a true contender.

On 09/24/2017 at 10:49 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

You just went as far to say they'd be the second best in the West with him.

No, the Rockets are already 2nd best in the West even without Melo. Only those poor OKC fans think their team deserves that type of credit right now. At least Spurs fans could make a legitimate claim based on their sustained success under Pop. Who else could make that claim right now, the T-Wolves?

23 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I guarantee it won't be Mr. "I'd rather have a triple-double than a win". The chemistry in OKC is bound to be terrible, while both Melo and George will opt out next summer to go to a true contender.

No, the Rockets are already 2nd best in the West even without Melo. Only those poor OKC fans think their team deserves that type of credit right now. At least Spurs fans could make a legitimate claim based on their sustained success under Pop. Who else could make that claim right now, the T-Wolves?

Only the Spurs atm. But Russ and PG are better than CP and Harden. 

Y'all are deeper. And that more than likely would be the main factor if you were to beat them in the playoffs. 

Don't forget, even though y'all won the series, OKC played y'all real tough in 4 out of the 5 games. They were all close but for game one.

And they only had Westbrook.

Westbrook is a driver like LeBron. Only Westbrook didn't have shooters on his team like LeBron.

They didn't give up shit for Melo. Two guys who averaged 21 minutes each and whose production is easily replaceable.

They added PG and Melo who both can shoot 3s efficiently when Westbrook drives and needs to dish. If those two are ok to playing Westrbooks robin when he's on the floor and taking over when he needs a breather, they'll be a very tough out.

Don't be so stupid to dismiss their potential. And yes, they will have to work on their defense. 

But like y'all who struggle on defense, both offenses can be lehtal.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Russ and PG are better than CP and Harden. Y'all are deeper.

They didn't give up shit for Melo. Don't be so stupid to dismiss their potential.

Only you believe that Russ and George are a better duo than Harden with CP3. Find me one credible analyst out there who agrees with that BS. Of course Houston is deeper than OKC, it's not even close. The Rockets have Gordon, Nene, Mbah a Moute, Tucker, and Black. What is left on the Thunder's bench? Patterson, Grant, Abrines, Singler, Felton, and Christon? What little depth OKC had before they traded for Melo and George is almost non-existent now. They struggled greatly every time Russ was on the bench last season. The same will happen next season every time either he, Melo, or George is on the bench with their marginal backups.

Russ still hasn't signed his extension, so why should I not dismiss their potential? If they were truly going to challenge the Warriors (or even teams like Cleveland and Houston) don't you think Westbrook would have signed his $200M extension the minute the trade for Melo was announced? They didn't give up a lot in the trade, but it was obviously more than the Knicks would have gotten from Houston or else Melo would be here instead.

Bink   
21 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Only you believe that Russ and George are a better duo than Harden with CP3. Find me one credible analyst out there who agrees with that BS. Of course Houston is deeper than OKC, it's not even close. The Rockets have Gordon, Nene, Mbah a Moute, Tucker, and Black. What is left on the Thunder's bench? Patterson, Grant, Abrines, Singler, Felton, and Christon? What little depth OKC had before they traded for Melo and George is almost non-existent now. They struggled greatly every time Russ was on the bench last season. The same will happen next season every time either he, Melo, or George is on the bench with their marginal backups.

Russ still hasn't signed his extension, so why should I not dismiss their potential? If they were truly going to challenge the Warriors (or even teams like Cleveland and Houston) don't you think Westbrook would have signed his $200M extension the minute the trade for Melo was announced? They didn't give up a lot in the trade, but it was obviously more than the Knicks would have gotten from Houston or else Melo would be here instead.

We don't know yet. We don't know which duo will be better. Neither team is yet as good as the Warriors. KD to this Warriors team made more basketball sense than any superstar move I've seen. These fits aren't as good, but both teams should be better. The addition of PG13 gives Thunder the flexibility on defense to at least challenge the Warriors there, with Adams and Robertson. That's exciting. Not signing the extension is a smart basketball move. Why do it now? 

You are right too that Houston is a deep team. We've never seen Chris Paul unleashed in an offense like Mike D's. He may very well end up beasting. Remember the Suns with Nash and Joe Johnson? 

44 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Russ just beat out Harden for MVP. So a lot of voters already said he was better. Alot of those NBA analysts also said, Russ was their MVP. So a lot have already said he's better than Harden.

And if you think CP3 is better currebnty, at his age than PG. You're high as fuck.

Paul George is obviously better as a complete player than CPs aging ass.

Wtf does needing an extension have to do with potential FOR THIS YEAR?

What stupid shit is that?

Didn't you say CP3 is gonna stay in HOU? Has he signed and extension yet?

So by your own dumbass logic, you shouldn't be as high on HOUs potential. 

Don't i think he would have signed as soon as they got Melo?

Why?

News flash, Melo is on the decline!!! He isn't some stud superstar anymore. He's just a good shooter now and that's about it. 

Why do you think Melo is so damn good that the reigning MVP should have automatically signed an extension?

You do realize both George and Melo are FAs next year too, right? Why rush into a deal and lock yourself into that spot if these guys decide to lose. If winning is a big concern. That would be suicide.

Obviously he is smarter than you and not so short sighted.

https://www.nba.com/article/2017/09/13/top-duos-nba-today-kevin-durant-stephen-curry-james-harden-chris-paul

Notice in there, it's all love for OKC, then when he gets to HOU "intriguing", "as they try and co-exist".

You have basically two PGs. 

Imagine Steve Nash and not Joe Johnson, but Kyrie, would that work? No more than likely. Both guys need the ball in their hands.

They both need the ball in their hands, like your HOU couple. Let's see how Harden plays without the ball. And don't act like CP3 is going to be taking attention off Harden, CP3 is not a big time scoring threat. 

Great passer, so so scorer.

You're going to be heartbroken. Trust me.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

12 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You have basically two PGs. CP3 is not a big time scoring threat.

You're going to be heartbroken. Trust me.

Actually Harden is a combo guard who can play both spots very well. When Paul is on the floor he will be the PG, although he will obviously let Harden bring the ball up court on occasion. Harden is basically going to be the best backup PG in the NBA as long as he is playing alongside the best pure PG since Stockton. As far as CP3's scoring goes, they already get 25-30 PPG from Harden. You act like PG13 scores that much more while they're really about the same.

Paul should get around 17 or 18 PPG while Gordon, Anderson, Capela, and Ariza will all contribute plenty of points as well. They could easily average between 115 and 120 PPG this season, so as long as they can hold most of their opponents under 110 PPG the Rockets should win between 55 and 60 games. I will be heartbroken if they don't win a championship, but they are definitely going to be perennial contenders for many years to come.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

13 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why do you think Melo is so damn good that the reigning MVP should have automatically signed an extension?

You do realize both George and Melo are FAs next year too, right?

Why are you so quick to argue that you just make my point for me? That's exactly what I said! Of course Melo isn't good enough to sway Russ into signing his extension! The Thunder made the move out of total desperation, just like when they traded for George. Both of them aren't FA's exactly, but they will likely opt out of their contracts just like I said (if you even bothered to read it).