Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Episode 140 - Raiders Make It Three Straight Over Titans

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

Mrs. Tex and I realized this past weekend, despite attending our 4th game in Nashville, we've yet to witness a home win. Maybe it is our bad karma??

It is not you, it is definitely me with the bad karma.  Out of the goodness of friends, I have gotten to attend a few games over the past couple years (more than 4, btw) and I have never experienced a win.  

Yet, watching the game live is much more revealing to me than watching on TV; TV leaves a lot to the imagination. 

Yet ticket prices are a big deterrent for me, not to mention concession prices - $10 for 22oz water and a small bag of peanuts - get out of here with that!

Edited by MikeTn
Typo, big fingers vs little keys

1 hour ago, MikeTn said:

... not to mention concession prices - $10 for 22oz water and a small bag of peanuts - get out of here with that!

Not to mention the perfect absence of urgency on the part of concession stand workers.

I literally spent 10:00 (game clock, not real time) of the 3rd quarter in line. Thank God for the jumbo screens but even when I finally got to order... this employee was moving very slowly, wasn't even organized enough to find the ice scoop (somehow she'd put it into the other machine two registers over), pressed the wrong button when trying to run my CC and had to wait for a manager to come fix the register and then she went to get my popcorn and filled two bags to give away to others before giving me the third. Every cashier for themselves, honey. Some of us want to watch the damn game!

It was shocking how bad she was at her job.

17 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Corey Davis is going to be awesome in the NFL. We’ve all seen that first catch, which was incredible, but check out this route from Davis on a deep comeback. The suddenness of his breaks are special for a 6’-3” 210 lbs receiver. Check this route out at the bottom of the screen. He needs to be on the field as much as possible for this team.

Davis_great_route.gif

That route makes me smile every time. 

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

17 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

certainly will be interesting how the transition of the offense goes, the way Mularkey has been talking since the Raiders loss, is they need to get back to the run game, they simply don't want Marcus throwing the ball 40+ times.

Matthews gave this hint away in his locker room interview.  Expect a lot 3rd and long passes.  Expect a lot of punting.

On 9/14/2017 at 8:52 AM, Tex in a Can said:

The Raiders fans were actually OK, not rude or physical, unlike the Bills pack of rodents.

Mrs. Tex and I realized this past weekend, despite attending our 4th game in Nashville, we've yet to witness a home win. Maybe it is our bad karma??

What's your road record? 

11 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

No podcast tonight?

Will be sometime this week. Sunday night is proving more difficult for us to record this year.

7 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Will be sometime this week. Sunday night is proving more difficult for us to record this year.

Why?  Church?  KK clan meetings?  J/K!