Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TitansGuru

New reactions needed?

I was looking at how reactions have been used, and I feel like there is a gap.

Currently we have:

• Strong like: Awesome
  • Regular Like: Thumbs Up
  • Funny: "Haha" Emoji Laughing
  • Confused: WTF
  • Sad: Sad Crying Emoji
  • Strong Dislike: Bird

(Categories are my own and just for reference.)

I want to add a thumbs down and an angry reaction. I also think that the Awesome reaction can be reworked to something that looks less like the Funny emoji. Maybe two thumbs up or something. 

I also am curious to know if you all think we should remove any of the existing ones. I will see if there is any way to pull up some analytics about what is used the most. It might be possible with looking at the database.

Analytics:

• Like: 505973
  • Haha: 12179
  • Awesome: 1363
  • Bird: 1282
  • WTF: 1155
  • Sad: 1130

So, nothing sticks out as being more underutilized than the rest. The like also counts from before when it was the only reaction.

I think adding a dislike button would be a good idea. There are probably a lot of posts that don't get a reaction because people would rather dislike than flip someone the bird. The bird should be reserved for something you think is complete BS. 

Edit: just saw you already added then dislike button. Good idea.

3 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I think adding a dislike button would be a good idea. There are probably a lot of posts that don't get a reaction because people would rather dislike than flip someone the bird. The bird should be reserved for something you think is complete BS. 

Edit: just saw you already added then dislike button. Good idea.

Also created a "double thumbs" icon to replace the other one.

doublethumbs.png  replaces this  awesome.png to mean "awesome".

21 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Also created a "double thumbs" icon to replace the other one.

doublethumbs.png  replaces this  awesome.png to mean "awesome".

Good idea. My only suggestion is to reorganize them so that the double thumb is the next option after the "like".  Since the like is the first option you see, maybe from bottom up you should do like, awesome, haha, dislike, bird, wtf, and sad. Or maybe throw wtf and sad before dislike and bird

12 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Good idea. My only suggestion is to reorganize them so that the double thumb is the next option after the "like".  Since the like is the first option you see, maybe from bottom up you should do like, awesome, haha, dislike, bird, wtf, and sad. Or maybe throw wtf and sad before dislike and bird

I had them sorted by progression, but doing that with a sub-sort of icon vs emoji also works well.

1 hour ago, TitansGuru said:

I had them sorted by progression, but doing that with a sub-sort of icon vs emoji also works well.

Yeah I like it with the hand gestures and the smileys separate. Looks good.