Post game thoughts

OILERMAN

This was one of the tougher early game and the Sims injury def ended up hurting them. They cannot afford to get in another hole early in the season though. But the division still looks more than winnable.

A few points.

The onside kick was fine, already discussed it. Bad defense vs a good offense you need to limit possessions.

Murray is done, I honestly believe it's already clear. He killed them in running situations. I even think he looked sluggish and slow on the long run. If you're going to have a power rushing scheme you can't have a RB that ineffective. They were way better with Henry. He might suffer in pass pro but overall it's still better. The 3rd and short play by Murray he looked like he had a piano on his back. #30 for the Raiders ran the exact same play late in the game and got the 1st down that pretty much sealed the game. 

Mariota wasn't really bad but Carr was way better. Mariota missed some deep passes and was slightly off on others. Even some of his completions the pass catchers weren't able to get yards after the catch. The Raiders offense took off in the 2nd half because Carr was deadly accurate. He hit several pass catchers in perfect stride and the TD to Roberts was perfect.

The biggest problem with the defense was they played so much man coverage and didn't pressure Carr enough. That's an impossible combo. I actually thought Jackson played great for his first ever start against those WRs. Cyprien was the problem, beaten and missed tackles all day.

Davis was limited and he looked lost a few times. His talent is undeniable though, he's a legit #1 WR.

I talked defense all off season. I was against a WR at 5 and wanted them all over defense. There is no doubt in my mind they would have been better off drafting Adams at 5. Byard does not make all the mistakes Cyprien did today had he been the SS today.

STs was still mediocre. We'll know more over a bigger sample size.

Not the end of the world in the grand scheme

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're insane.  Mularkey fucked this game to pieces. The offense had no rhythm and was disjointed.  Mularkey forced mariota into bad spots and mariota saved us all the first half. There

Running into the kicker: 3 points Cyprien wiffing on the tackle on fourth down: 3 points Titans D blitzes and gets burned on a long screen with time running out leading to FG as time expires

Carr is 100 times better than Mariota. The play calling sucked, but I don't think he's a huge improvement over Locker. He is ALWAYS inconsistent. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

This game was all too conservative on offense.  Oak came out aggressive and went empty a lot to move the ball.  They did not have anything deep but they stressed the D.  TN should have done the same and they did not.  

Did we take a single deep shot ?