Week 1 General Fantasy Advice Thread (pick ___ thread)

Bink

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good decisions and bad results are a thing.   But the odds the Pats have this many goal line carries each week is extremely low. And that offense failed, so they should go 180 degrees differ

Let's have this thread as a one stop shop for quick questions. I'll make a new one each week   Here's my first one:    .5ppr Flex spot  pick one: Mike Gillislee/Danny Woodhead/Ted

Quoting you to show how to answer these questions concisely and not make every post 15 lines long...   Snead is out and they will pass every single game a lot, no matter the opponent. The ot

Quoting you to show how to answer these questions concisely and not make every post 15 lines long...

2 hours ago, Bink said:

.5ppr Flex spot  pick one: Mike Gillislee/Danny Woodhead/Ted Ginn Jr.  

Snead is out and they will pass every single game a lot, no matter the opponent. The other guys are still big question marks so may as well wait and see their role

Non-ppr...

Who should I start at RB with Jay Ajayi out?

Mike Gillislee or CJ Anderson?

3 hours ago, Bink said:

Let's have this thread as a one stop shop for quick questions. I'll make a new one each week

Here's my first one: 

.5ppr Flex spot  pick one: Mike Gillislee/Danny Woodhead/Ted Ginn Jr.  

I agree with @wiscotitansfan. I'd go with Ginn.

13 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

That's how I'm leaning. ESPN projects Anderson to get 10 points and Gillislee to get 6.

I try to avoid starting Patriots RB's at all costs.  They're just too inconsistent.  You never know which games the primary back (formerly Blount) is going to get fed 4 goal line TD's or when he blanks because the scat backs (White/Lewis) have 46 receptions for 150 yards.  The production is just too spotty on a week to week basis.

52 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Non-ppr...

Who should I start at RB with Jay Ajayi out?

Mike Gillislee or CJ Anderson?

I agree with @wiscotitansfan. I'd go with Ginn.

Since it's non-PPR, I don't think this is as easy. Patriots have a lot of backs, but only one in the Blount archetype. Anderson will get more usage, but the Broncos QB situation could limit his chances, whereas Gill should have opportunity to score. Still, I think you go Anderson just because he has more overall potential. 

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Standard Scoring: Sammy Watkins (vs IND) or Tyreek Hill (vs NE)

Tyreek. Want to see Sammy in yet another offense (and Goff) before I trust them. Hope for fireworks with Tyreek.

3 hours ago, Bink said:

Since it's non-PPR, I don't think this is as easy. Patriots have a lot of backs, but only one in the Blount archetype. Anderson will get more usage, but the Broncos QB situation could limit his chances, whereas Gill should have opportunity to score. Still, I think you go Anderson just because he has more overall potential. 

I agree Gill has the best chance of getting a score but the point is it doesn't happen on a consistent basis.  The Pats game plan changes so much on a weekly basis.  One week they'll feed the RB every chance they get for a goal line carry.  The next week they'll throw 96 passes inside the 5 yard line and refuse to run the ball.  For a month it might be Gill and all of a sudden they'll give some guy like Brandon Bolden all the touches, they'll only run shotgun draws using White, or they'll have 4 trick plays using WR's handling the ball.

Their RB fantasy scoring is just way too sporadic.  There's no consistency.  If you are starting a Patriot RB, you aren't planning on getting a guaranteed 6-12 points every week.  You're either getting 2-4 or a big game.

I went with Anderson.

Interesting note though...I ran a twitter poll and got 36 votes for Gillislee and 24 for Anderson.

Edit: Annnnnd Gillislee scores on the first Pats drive, lol.

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I went with Anderson.

Interesting note though...I ran a twitter poll and got 36 votes for Gillislee and 24 for Anderson.

Edit: Annnnnd Gillislee scores on the first Pats drive, lol.

I started him :)

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

And of course Gill scores on the first drive lol

I had him in there this morning and decided to check my lineup one more time before tonight's game. Saw that Anderson was predicted to score more and started second-guessing it.

Just now, Bink said:

I started him :)

Then why'd you tell me to go with Anderson?! :laugh: