Would you do this trade?

NashvilleNinja

8 team, non-ppr but custom scoring for increased yardage, keeper/dynasty league. 8 allowed keepers.

My current roster:

QB - Mariota, Winston

RB - DeMarco Murray, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, Ameer Abdullah

WR - Dez Bryant, Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Corey Davis, Sammy Watkins

They have offered me Derrick Henry for Michael Thomas. Obviously Henry would be a trade for the future and insurance in case Murray went down, but would he be worth giving up Brees' top target? The only reason I could see giving him up is because Brees may not play much longer. Who would be more valuable in the future?

The reason this is giving me pause is that I'm fairly stacked at both positions, especially RB, for now and in the future, if Hunt and Cook fuflill on their potential. Do I really need Henry?

Edited by NashvilleNinja

15 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Michael Thomas will up the raft so water is deep but maybe thunder if Henry plays the 1 over the 2. 

How could it be more clear?    Michael Thomas is a much higher fantasy player - ceiling is very high similar to a good raft above high water (not boat because there is some risk since not many years of track record.)  Henry is a decent fantasy player for flex position (i.e. thunder) but if he became the #1 RB on his team, that has a top offensive line and wants to run the ball, he would become lightning which is way above the raft. 

His offer has changed. Now he wants me to send him Austin Hooper in exchange for Zach Ertz and Derrick Henry.

I'm tempted to do that just due the fact Hooper just went off on only 2 passes. He seems like he could be another Gronk if given an opportunity but is that fool's gold? Matt Ryan has a lot of mouths to feed after all.

I'd be getting Ertz, who seems like he may finally be coming into his own, and Henry.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

26 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

His offer has changed. Now he wants me to send him Austin Hooper in exchange for Zach Ertz and Derrick Henry.

I'm tempted to do that just due the fact Hooper just went off on only 2 passes. He seems like he could be another Gronk if given an opportunity but is that fool's gold? Matt Ryan has a lot of mouths to feed after all.

I'd be getting Ertz, who seems like he may finally be coming into his own, and Henry.

I'd make that trade. 

53 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Do it now before he changes his mind. 

Done. I'm a little nervous about trading away Hooper's potential for Ertz considering I've struggled being a fan of Ertz given his shaky first 4 years, but he's young and so is his QB. And I get the insurance policy for Murray, which looks like it could be getting time to cash in on already.

Edited by NashvilleNinja