Official Rate My Team Thread (Update: Where'd you finish in the standings?)

wiscotitansfan

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Solid all-around team, Nothing spectacular imo.... You got good value out of your WRs even though you spent more on RBs with much less return than I like. I don't like Anderson (in general that is) or Woodhead at all but I get the picks, especially because I don't ever see Gordon and Woodhead viable together in the same active lineup even though it's ppr.

you know they are on different teams this year right?

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Solid team nothing special. Not enough high ceiling players IMO

what would you consider high ceiling?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's so much luck involved in fantasy.  The best team almost never wins...

10 team leagues are dumb.      

I'm saying if for some reason you need to make a trade, if say DJ gets hurt or hunt isn't as good as he's hyped to be, because the rest of your RB don't really carry any trade weight.   I th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ViolentWaves33 said:

Haha I did not, just saw where he is and like it even less... That offense is going to be atrocious and unless he gets about 30% of Flaccos passing targets he is destined for a flex spot on his best days.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Haha I did not, just saw where he is and like it even less... That offense is going to be atrocious and unless he gets about 40% of Flaccos passing targets he is destined for a flex spot on his best days.

I'm guessing he catches around 60 -70 balls this year the only other back on that team is terrance west? I think they are going to be playing catch up alot and they threw the ball last year more than any other team and 2nd or 3rd most to their running backs

7 minutes ago, ViolentWaves33 said:

they are going to be playing catch up alot and they threw the ball last year more than any other team and 2nd or 3rd most to their running backs

That's my point though, he will pretty much only get catches and on a per touch basis probably won't be as good as people used to view him

He's  just not someone who I would want to start other than when you simply need someone due to injuries or byes

Edited by wiscotitansfan

31 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That's my point though, he will pretty much only get catches and on a per touch basis probably won't be as good as people used to view him

He's  just not someone who I would want to start other than when you simply need someone due to injuries or byes

He's also already hurt lol 

2 hours ago, ViolentWaves33 said:

what would you consider high ceiling?

Someone who can put up a ridiculous amount of points in a week. You have high floor players. A lot of good value though so I don't blame you. 

6 hours ago, ViolentWaves33 said:

Qb's are fine nothing spectacular I think they both have a good year

Rb's your backups scare me Jeremy hill is gunna get maybe 5 touches a game unless mixon gets injured and I don't feel confidant in Martin at all

WR's stud group

TE's not bad

Def they aren't gunna be as good as they where in the first half of last year no more DWare another year on aqib takin and Chris harris

not a bad team your wr group is gunna have to carry you for trades cause your not gunna want to get rid of David johnson

Why would I need my WRs to carry me for trade? 

I never draft QBs early.

Mixon isn't going to be the workhorse and Hill is my 5th RB lol. I'm not really worried about my backups because well they are backups. 

Martin is probably the only RB you can find outside of the 6th with top 5 RB upside. 

I think Ertz has an awesome year. Check the 2nd half of last season.

I got Denver in the last round so can't really complain.

48 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Why would I need my WRs to carry me for trade? 

I never draft QBs early.

Mixon isn't going to be the workhorse and Hill is my 5th RB lol. I'm not really worried about my backups because well they are backups. 

Martin is probably the only RB you can find outside of the 6th with top 5 RB upside. 

I think Ertz has an awesome year. Check the 2nd half of last season.

I got Denver in the last round so can't really complain.

I'm saying if for some reason you need to make a trade, if say DJ gets hurt or hunt isn't as good as he's hyped to be, because the rest of your RB don't really carry any trade weight.

I think mixon is gunna be the workhorse if his foot issue dosent linger Jeremy hill isn't really that good he might get some goal line work but thats about it

2 minutes ago, ViolentWaves33 said:

I'm saying if for some reason you need to make a trade, if say DJ gets hurt or hunt isn't as good as he's hyped to be, because the rest of your RB don't really carry any trade weight.

I think mixon is gunna be the workhorse if his foot issue dosent linger Jeremy hill isn't really that good he might get some goal line work but thats about it

gotcha. I think Hunt is one of the safest RBs and you cant draft players assuming they are gettting hurt. In season management is the key to winning a championship. Ingram is great value. He might be inconsistent but he is an easy RB2.

Bengals have always had a very inconsistent RBbc. I expect Hill to be the goal line back. Mixon is overrated. Once again Hill is my 5th Rb so im not really expecting much from him lol. I feel very comfortable with my team at this point.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:33 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

12 team .5 PPR QB 2 RB 3WR TE RB/WR/TE Def...2nd overall pick

QB- Cousins, River

RB- DJ, Hunt, Ingram, Doug Martin Jeremy Hill, 

WR- Amari, Keenan Allen , Sammy watkins, Davante Parker, Adam Thieland

TE- Zack Ertz, Austin Hooper

Def- Denver

I like this team a lot.  Especially the RB depth.  I can totally see you dealing your RB4 around week 7 for an upgrade at TE or a stud WR.

12 team, no PPR, no flex, funky closed bench.

Starters

QB - Mariota

RB - Fournette

RB - Hunt

WR - Antonio Brown

WR - Pryor

TE - Jordan Reed

K - Tucker

DST - SEA

Bench

QB - Luck

RB - Rawls, Perine

WR - Corey Davis

TE - OJ Howard

On 8/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

If I were you I would drop Meredith for a lotto-handcuff type RB, possibly even the same for Julius Thomas.

You need a lot to go your way at this point for solid production from the RBs and you're likely not going to need more than those 4 receivers the first handful of weeks of the season anyway.

Some fool dropped Jamaal Charles so I got my handcuff now! He should already get some work, and if Cj Anderson starts off bad he could steal the starting job. 

On 8/28/2017 at 3:38 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

10 team - pick #9, standard scoring (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, K, D), 5 pt passing TD

QB: Brees, Mariota

RB: Jordan Howard, Zeke, McCaffery, Jamaal Williams, Duke Johnson, Darren Sproles

WR: Deandre Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, John Ross, Corey Davis

TE: Graham, OJ Howard

K: McManus

D: Chiefs

I went RB, RB, RB so went specifically for high upside WRs

There is massive upside in Hopkins and Davis, if Houston can get a semblance of decent QB play this year and Davis can make it back from the hammy issue without setbacks. But I don't like the pick of Tyreek Hill in standard scoring. I think that guy is a flash in the pan as far as fantasy purposes go. Watkins is a great talent but he's always hurt and he just went to a seemingly worse QB situation than he had in Buffalo, which is scary since he didn't have a good situation in Buffalo either. And Ross is going to be a #3 on the Bengals so he might not see the ball enough to make much of a difference.

Liked Howard, love Zeke post-suspension, don't care for MCCaffrey in standard scoring, and the rest of your RB's I'd like to chuck into the nearest river.

Good QB situation. Like the D, indifferent on the kicker.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

12-team, PPR, 3 keeper

Went into the draft, an email draft that started in early July, with Luck, Le'V Bell, and Beckham as my keepers:

QB - Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco (Luck on IR)

RB - Le"V Bell, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon (free agent addition), Samaje Perine, and Marlon Mack (free agent addition)

WR - Beckham, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Zay Jones, and Cooper Kupp (free agent addition).

TE - Evan Engram, Austin Hooper

K - Caleb Sturgis

Def - Titans

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

12-team, PPR, 3 keeper

Went into the draft, an email draft that started in early July, with Luck, Le'V Bell, and Beckham as my keepers:

QB - Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco (Luck on IR)

RB - Le"V Bell, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon (free agent addition), Samaje Perine, and Marlon Mack (free agent addition)

WR - Beckham, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Zay Jones, and Cooper Kupp (free agent addition).

TE - Evan Engram, Austin Hooper

K - Caleb Sturgis

Def - Titans

This is tough because obviously the talent pool is completely skewed with how many big name keepers you can have in this league.

Can't say I like the bench receivers at all but I get that they're young and will have a lot of value if those guys actually do blow up. I really like Perine and Mack. Too many unproven guys in general though to give this an honest valuation but I can't imagine you'll have a tough time fielding a solid team with your keepers alone. A guy like Hopkins is just gravy.