heyitsmeallen

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This lol

I'm expecting Mayweather to dismantle him pretty easily.  That said, I'm rooting for Conor and FOOK DA MAYWEDDERS    

I bet $50 on Mayweather to knock McGregor out.

You guys really think stopping it wasn't in McGregor's best interest? LOL He was getting destroyed and was clearly exhausted and couldn't defend himself. The ref did him a huge favor and took his safety into account, 5 more seconds and he'd have been face flat on the canvas. 

Mayweather had the perfect gameplan, and if you've watched any of his fights in the past you could see early on exactly what he was doing. Sadly though the MMA fans viewed it as Conner "holding his own" when in fact he was being set up to be slowly picked apart. If Floyd trained hard for this fight and took it as serious as he would for a guy like Canelo or Maidana, etc. He could've easily handled business in a much more impressive fashion, but he knew he didn't need to to beat this guy. The fans would have also been pissed to see it end early, his plan at least made it to where people got some worth for their money like he said. He didn't look old to me, he just looked liken a guy that knew he needed to do the bare minimum. Going on offense the way he did after 4 rounds also made him look even more un Floyd-like, but again, it kept the people happy. He couldn't stand in there and box tactically with a first time fighter, that's like trying to play smart, patient poker with a novice who has no concept of hand values and shoves his chips in on every hand. Kellerman said Floyd would carry him for several rounds before ending it and that's exactly why happened. 

Connor's prediction of inside 2-4 rounds was a pipe dream and he knew it. 

39 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

You guys really think stopping it wasn't in McGregor's best interest? LOL He was getting destroyed and was clearly exhausted and couldn't defend himself. The ref did him a huge favor and took his safety into account, 5 more seconds and he'd have been face flat on the canvas.

Exactly, the guy couldn't even protect himself or hold his gloves up. He was taking straight shots to the face.

More so McGregor was saved from a punishing knockout stoppage that would have hurt his rep more.

Not sure why people are bitching about the fight being stopped early. Mayweather just destroyed him in the ninth and up until stoppage. The question should not be "why was the fight stopped too soon?" The question should be "Why was McGregor even allowed in the ring with Mayweather?" Clearly outmatched in a sport he doesn't even participate in. It truly looked like an amateur fighting the world champion.

Boxing McGregor equals Rhonda Rousey hype with same result.

Edited by Titanjuicy

4 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Mayweather deserves an asterisk just like Roger Maris got in '61.

As far as I'm concerned, he's still tied with Marciano at 49-0. His 50-0 record is tainted, IMHO.

I'd guess Marciano had some creampuffs in there

On 8/27/2017 at 8:14 AM, OILERMAN said:

Exactly, the guy couldn't even protect himself or hold his gloves up. He was taking straight shots to the face.

More so McGregor was saved from a punishing knockout stoppage that would have hurt his rep more.

But even the shots Mayweather was landing werent rocking Mcgregor. He was gassed. I get the stoppage but Id rather Mayweather put him on the canvas.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I hope McGregor gets his little Irish punk-ass killed on Saturday. I don't even give a shit about Khabib, just wanna see that bitch Conor lose....

I think some people are predicting him to lose

The UFC has turned into the WWE. 

As for the fight itself, I don't think Conor's heart is in it as much as it once was. He's gotten paid and he's already been recognized as one of the best in MMA history. 

That said, if they fight again I wouldn't sleep on him. He's incredibly talented. Khabib was just better. 

• 2 years later...