Best Draft Slot This Year?

Jonboy

4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I drafted 7th and took Odell. I found myself getting great value in each round, basically getting the "last good player" for each category. This intensified when the early QB/TE/Def picks rolled in. I just kept going W/R scooping them up. I feel like it's the most solid, value heavy team I've ever drafted. I may struggle the first few weeks, but my bench is STACKED. 

QB- Eli Manning

RB- Carlos Hyde

RB- Jamaal Charles

WR- Terrell Pryor

WR- Odell

TE- Hunter Henry

W/R- Davante Adams

Dan Bailey, Texans D

Bench: Ezekial Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Chris Conley, Donte Moncrief

We will see what happens with Zeke. Without him for 7 weeks you might have a tough time.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Zeke might score more than Charles in the first seven weeks...

He might have a game or two this year that's good. He might never run again lol. 

I will hit pay dirt with one of these bench RBs for sure. 

Depending on how big a league is I like picking toward the back. Having the 1st pick is great for picking whoever you want, but if you're in a 12 team league you have to wait 22 picks, if it's a snake draft, before you can pick again. Of course you get to pick back to back but still... there's a lot of talent going off the board in 22 picks.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

McCoy if he is there

I'm actually starting to lean toward this. Beckham's injury is scaring me. This is a 12-team, standard scoring league. Last year, I went WR heavy in the first 2 rounds and ended up with an awful RB situation. I could take McCoy at 5 and then go WR/WR on my next 2 picks. 

My draft isn't until next Sunday so hopefully there will be more news on Beckham by then.

On 8/25/2017 at 0:11 PM, SleepingTitan said:

I drafted 7th and took Odell. I found myself getting great value in each round, basically getting the "last good player" for each category. This intensified when the early QB/TE/Def picks rolled in. I just kept going W/R scooping them up. I feel like it's the most solid, value heavy team I've ever drafted. I may struggle the first few weeks, but my bench is STACKED. 

QB- Eli Manning

RB- Carlos Hyde

RB- Jamaal Charles

WR- Terrell Pryor

WR- Odell

TE- Hunter Henry

W/R- Davante Adams

Dan Bailey, Texans D

Bench: Ezekial Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Chris Conley, Donte Moncrief

Eli sucks, but Elliot could end up as a huge steal--especially if he ends up playing the whole damn season because of the appeal process. Your worse case scenario is that the appeals delay the suspension, but it starts before the fantasy playoffs. I think McCaffrey could end up really good if you are PPR or .5. 

I feel like you are gonna need things to go right with Zeke to win. 

4 minutes ago, Bink said:

Eli sucks, but Elliot could end up as a huge steal--especially if he ends up playing the whole damn season because of the appeal process. Your worse case scenario is that the appeals delay the suspension, but it starts before the fantasy playoffs. I think McCaffrey could end up really good if you are PPR or .5. 

I feel like you are gonna need things to go right with Zeke to win. 

If Zeke gets it reduced by 2 games, I'm in pay dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension isn't completely erased.  Players shouldn't be suspended for alleged activity. 

2 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

If Zeke gets it reduced by 2 games, I'm in pay dirt. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension isn't completely erased.  Players shouldn't be suspended for alleged activity. 

I'm glad I draft after Zekes appeal. If it doesn't get reduced he is likely to take it to court. The big question is does a judge allow him to play through the process. The other two times I can recall (Vilma and Brady) weren't domestic violence related so the judge might treat it a little different. Hopefully it gets reduced to 2-3 games.