Work league draft strategy

Jamalisms

At work we draw cards to see who gets to pick first... only what you're picking is your draft slot. It's a 12 team PPR league with $150 buy-in (I hate money leagues) so I actually had spent time considering where the best draft slots would be.

I ended up deciding I wanted 2 and then 1 and I'd take either David Johnson or Bell... then I wanted 5, 4 and 3 to land one of top three WRs... then I wanted 12 or 11 to get the wrap around. After that I was uncertain.

Ended up getting 12th spot. I'm playing with possibilities here by looking at ADP and this is interesting. I'd like to get Michael Thomas and someone like Murray... then have Dalvin Cook fall to me at 36. Sounds like Cook is going higher than that now.

Any undervalued guys you'd consider at 12/13 and 36/37?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd consider going RB RB in the 1st and 2nd. If you could land Freeman/Murray/Ajayi/Howard that would be big. Freeman is the guy I'd want of the group. It's a PPR league so you can find quality WRs in

If you can get OBJ and Evans that's a no brainer IMO. 

They've never done it before. I actually texted a few guys this morning to make sure it wasn't autodrafting.

I pick 9, 10, 10, 11 and 12 in my leagues so I will keep an eye on this... haven't bothered doing any research but at 9 I am hoping for AJ Green/Evans (Rodgers will get overdrafted in the 1st). 

Will def be taking Zeke at the 1st wraparound in a league or two this year.

29 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Will def be taking Zeke at the 1st wraparound in a league or two this year.

I'm definitely tempted to draft Zeke on the assumption his suspension is delayed to next year.

5 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I'm definitely tempted to draft Zeke on the assumption his suspension is delayed to next year.

With the amount of money involved in your league, this is the kind of hedge I'd be strongly tempted to take. Getting Elliot could actually win it for you if he plays and has a "fuck you" year. 

I'd consider going RB RB in the 1st and 2nd. If you could land Freeman/Murray/Ajayi/Howard that would be big. Freeman is the guy I'd want of the group. It's a PPR league so you can find quality WRs in mid rounds. At your 3/4 turn you could still potentially draft Crabtree, Keenan Allen, Pyror, Golden Tate, Adams, alshon, Fitz or Jarvis. I'd guaranteed 2 of those guys will be there. The 3/4 turn is pretty solid. You might get WRs in the same tier as the 2/3 turn. I'd expect most of the RBs to go off the board in he late 2nd and 3rd. Pretty major drop off with RBs after the top 13. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

We're up to pick 10 (I ended up at 12). Draft results are interesting this year because three QBs have already gone - quite abnormal. Because of that and the injury... OBJ hasn't been picked yet. Actually, only 2 WR are gone.

How would you rank these guys in a PPR:

Nelson

Michael Thomas

OBJ

Baldwin

Evans

Green

Cooper

Dez

Pryor

Also, how about RB:

Freeman

Gordon

Howard

Murray

Ajayi

Gurley

Cook

Miller

We'll see who goes in the next two picks. Not sure my strategy yet for WR/WR, RB/RB or WR/RB.

35 minutes ago, abenjami said:

If you can get OBJ and Evans that's a no brainer IMO

I'd go Green but I get why people like Evans more.... He's better.

Odell is the no-brainer though.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

If you can get OBJ and Evans that's a no brainer IMO

37 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'd go Green but I get why people like Evans more.... He's better.

Odell is the no-brainer though.

Nelson, Thomas, Evans and Green are the ones I'm most debating for the second spot if OBJ falls.

3 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

We're up to pick 10 (I ended up at 12). Draft results are interesting this year because three QBs have already gone - quite abnormal. Because of that and the injury... OBJ hasn't been picked yet. Actually, only 2 WR are gone.

How would you rank these guys in a PPR:

Nelson

Michael Thomas

OBJ

Baldwin

Evans

Green

Cooper

Dez

Pryor

Also, how about RB:

Freeman

Gordon

Howard

Murray

Ajayi

Gurley

Cook

Miller

We'll see who goes in the next two picks. Not sure my strategy yet for WR/WR, RB/RB or WR/RB.

Sounds like you are drafting with a bunch of idiots. Who the hell takes QBs in the first round lol