Episode 138 - Preseason Preview and...the Team's for Sale?!

Jonboy

On SAS selling 1/3 of the Titans -- she can't just sell 1/3 of the Titans because it's KSA who owns the Titans, not the actual family member. Yes, the family members do own KSA, but it would take approval from the Board to sell 1/3 off one of its assets, and then you have KSA owning 66 2/3% of the Titans and some jabroni owning 33 1/3%. SAS would still own 33 1/3 % of the remaing 66 2/3% because she would still own 33 1/3% of KSA. Thus, sense KSA owns 100% of the titans, SAS has to sell her third of KSA to get completely out. If KSA sold 1/3 of the Titans, each family member would end up owning less because you no longer own 1/3 of 100%, but 1/3 of 66 2/3%, which is roughly 22% for AAS and even less for the kids. 

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

On SAS selling 1/3 of the Titans -- she can't just sell 1/3 of the Titans because it's KSA who owns the Titans, not the actual family member. Yes, the family members do own KSA, but it would take approval from the Board to sell 1/3 off one of its assets, and then you have KSA owning 66 2/3% of the Titans and some jabroni owning 33 1/3%. SAS would still own 33 1/3 % of the remaing 66 2/3% because she would still own 33 1/3% of KSA. Thus, sense KSA owns 100% of the titans, SAS has to sell her third of KSA to get completely out. If KSA sold 1/3 of the Titans, each family member would end up owning less because you no longer own 1/3 of 100%, but 1/3 of 66 2/3%, which is roughly 22% for AAS and even less for the kids. 

Yep. And it's gotta be a barrier to someone else's interest in purchasing. You're buying interest in a bunch of other stuff.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Yep. And it's gotta be a barrier to someone else's interest in purchasing. You're buying interest in a bunch of other stuff.

Well KSA isn't going to sell a third of the team just to make it easier for SAS to get out, and they shouldn't. 

28 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Well KSA isn't going to sell a third of the team just to make it easier for SAS to get out, and they shouldn't. 

Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

We only discussed the implications for buyers in terms of how the appeal of NFL ownership may be reduced ... and the impact / potential frustration on the seller.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Nobody is suggesting otherwise.

We only discussed the implications for buyers in terms of how the appeal of NFL ownership may be reduced ... and the impact / potential frustration on the seller.

I thought I heard someone suggest just trying to sell a 1/3rd of the team without the other assets. Maybe I misheard that. I will go back and listen again.  

4 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I thought I heard someone suggest just trying to sell a 1/3rd of the team without the other assets.

Ah, yeah. Now that you mention it, I think that was mentioned by someone in passing. Thought I responded on show but I agree... Susie doesn't own those assets - she's owns the trust.

She can't if she wanted to.

Maybe KSA should officially sell the team, period. Let AAS (and other minority owners) buy shares of the team in exchange for shares of the remainer of KSA. That would at at least separate the entities without the owners having to spend out of pocket.

Unfortunately, this seems unlikely to happen. I wonder how much the profits of the Titans have been going to fund the rest of KSA, especially since oil dropped a few years back.

Edited by Starkiller

55 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Maybe KSA should officially sell the team, period. Let AAS (and other minority owners) buy shares of the team in exchange for shares of the remainer of KSA. That would at at least separate the entities without the owners having to spend out of pocket.

Unfortunately, this seems unlikely to happen. I wonder how much the profits of the Titans have been going to fund the rest of KSA, especially since oil dropped a few years back.

A trust is very hard to change. Someone with more knowledge can chime in, but I think you would have to fight a court battle on the interpretation of the trust. Written by lawyers, it is usually hard to have different interpretations of the document. They probably state the rules in every way imaginable in the document.

Just now, Tex in a Can said:

A trust is very hard to change. Someone with more knowledge can chime in, but I think you would have to fight a court battle on the interpretation of the trust. Written by lawyers, it is usually hard to have different interpretations of the document. They probably state the rules in every way imaginable in the document.

This is true, but if you can sell a share of the umbrella organization then I don't see why that wouldn't be just as problematic in terms of the trust itself.

28 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

This is true, but if you can sell a share of the umbrella organization then I don't see why that wouldn't be just as problematic in terms of the trust itself.

I get it being problematic as in difficult to attract customers but are you saying it would be problematic in terms of even being allowed to sell?