Site Software Upgraded and Other Info

TitansGuru
Message added by TitansGuru

Please follow this topic for updates. If you have any suggestions or bug reports, you may post them here. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guru, did you see we can't like posts anymore?       In all seriousness, thanks for all the work you're doing on this.

To do: Change the behavior of clicking on a thread title to go to the first unread post.  Modify the reactions/likes  to be more reflective of the forum's culture.  Work on the mo

I've upgraded the site software as one of the measures to stop the 503 error messages. The update was to 4.2, which is considered a major release and is full of a bunch of new core features. Because o

Posted Images

11 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

Patreon account added per request. There is no minimum amount.

So can I make a one time donation instead of a monthly contribution and if so do I just change the $10 amount that shows up in the box?

20 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

No need, man. You've done enough over the years. Thanks for everything. 

I  didn't see this before I posted the above reply. Thank you for that. I still don't mind salting the pot to keep us current and help compensate you for your time/effort. Great job on the new site!

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

So can I make a one time donation instead of a monthly contribution and if so do I just change the $10 amount that shows up in the box?

I think they only do monthly.

Tell you what, the current hosting plan ends in October. I will set-up a campaign to renew for two more years.

That way we're shooting towards something instead of sending me money for something I already paid for or just as a thanks when I get just as much out of this place as anyone else here.

I'll set up a one time payment option and will post goals (renew current @ $527) and stretch goals (faster hosting, security, features, contest prizes, etc.) so that people know what they're aiming for and know where the money is going.

I'll try to get that done this weekend with a tracker.

Side note: Is the font size okay for you on mobile? It's a bit small for my taste but I am wondering if it's too small for yours since I remember you mentioning that a few years ago with one of the redesigns. 

1 minute ago, TitansGuru said:

I think they only do monthly.

Tell you what, the current hosting plan ends in October. I will set-up a campaign to renew for two more years.

That way we're shooting towards something instead of sending me money for something I already paid for or just as a thanks when I get just as much out of this place as anyone else here.

I'll set up a one time payment option and will post goals (renew current @ $527) and stretch goals (faster hosting, security, features, contest prizes, etc.) so that people know what they're aiming for and know where the money is going.

I'll try to get that done this weekend with a tracker.

That's perfect. You're the man! 

17 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

@TitansGuru do you think you could add the ability to create an empty quote box to the content editor toolbar? We had the feature before the update and it's gone now. It's nice to be able to make a quote box to paste content into. 

It's there. It just doesn't show on mobile in portrait orientation. I will try to get it to show there. I'll probably replace that magnifying glass icon with it. 

Just now, TitansGuru said:

It's there. It just doesn't show on mobile in portrait orientation. I will try to get it to show there. I'll probably replace that magnifying glass icon with it. 

Oh ok that's why I didn't see it. Thanks. 

51 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

Check out my other question about the font size I added after you read it. 

It took me a while to check it out. I get terrible reception out where I live. The font is a little small for us older guys but it's very manageable. I have a small Iphone too. It's about time to upgrade. I think we're good on the font and thanks for asking. 

1 minute ago, freakingeek said:

It took me a while to check it out. I get terrible reception out where I live. The font is a little small for us older guys but it's very manageable. I have a small Iphone too. It's about time to upgrade. I think we're good on the font and thanks for asking. 

No, I will just increase it. The font size is about right in this reply box when typing on mobile so I will just make the font for reading this size.