503 Errors (Now resolved. Please read for more info.)

TitansGuru

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to update everyone since this problem is persisting so you all know that it is not being ignored. 503 is a very general error that is hard to really nail down without looking at logs mor

Look now.

The very bottom of the page.  Here: Theme Privacy Policy Contact Us Click on "Theme." Choose 4.2

Posted Images

Just did an update to software and did something else on the server. The update caused some minor breaks to the layout, which was expected since it was a major update.

I'm moving a dev site off of the server at the moment to see if that fixes anything. Unfortunately, the logs are pretty terrible so I can't diagnose it and go off that.

I figured it out. We had been under attack by a bot. I have blocked the IP range of the bot and have taken other actions.

My next question is does anyone know if there is any recourse I can pursue for this? My guess is that it is from a competitor. Not sure who else would do it.

8 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

It's a bot with a North Carolina IP. Someone used a service or paid for it. Others have reported the same bot.

Thanks as always for being proactive and on top of things. Seems weird that someone would pay to do it yet it didn't really stop anyone from using the site. Sometimes I would just go back to the page I was on and click the thread again and it would take me where I wanted to go. I'm blaming Trump or a Trumper.