ben4titans

Russian Dossier and DNC/Clinton possible collusion

Downtown   
1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Your OP is just an opinion without any sources. Provide a source to the possible collusion and then we can get into this.

Exactly why @ben4titans is a joke and not worth the time to post in this thread. But Ben, if all you're looking for is an opinion, then I guarantee almost every poster on this forum would say a criminal should be punished. Now lets finish with the criminal who is in the highest position of power (Trump) and go from there. 

thor   
10 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Exactly why @ben4titans is a joke and not worth the time to post in this thread. But Ben, if all you're looking for is an opinion, then I guarantee almost every poster on this forum would say a criminal should be punished. Now lets finish with the criminal who is in the highest position of power (Trump) and go from there. 

What's the crime "know it all"??? Besides the comments you're coming up with...you know your opinions...

Downtown   
19 minutes ago, thor said:

What's the crime "know it all"??? Besides the comments you're coming up with...you know your opinions...

Didn't @ben4titans teach you anything Thor? Opinions ARE fact on this site! In fact, you can have an entire account dedicated to presenting opinions as fact, right Ben?

Downtown   
32 minutes ago, thor said:

Care to just LET the goddamn investigation play out? We don't have all of the info yet. Let the American justice system do its due diligence and finish.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jul/11/trump-tower-meeting-russian-lawyer-raises-legal-qu/

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from giving anything of value to a campaign engaged in a U.S. election. It’s also a crime to solicit a foreign national to do so, or even to "knowingly provide substantial assistance" in receiving something of value.

While illegal foreign contributions typically take the form of money, legal experts told us it’s possible a court could find that "information" satisfies the legal requirement if it’s considered valuable to a campaign.

"Contributions definitely do not need to be in the form of cash to constitute a thing of value," said Michael S. Kang, a law professor at Emory University Law School. "However, it also needs to be said that this is an unusual situation quite unlike the usual context for an illegal foreign contribution, typically in the form of money rather than information."

Additional legally significant questions remain unanswered, experts said, including whether the younger Trump engaged in these actions "knowingly."

However, some experts noted that recently-surfaced facts substantially flesh out the evidence needed to show intent.

"The tweeted emails make things worse for Trump Jr.," said Michael Gerhardt, a professor at UNC School of Law. "He looks now as if he attended the meeting with not only his eyes open but also to acquire information -- something of value -- in violation of federal law."

thor   
7 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Care to just LET the goddamn investigation play out? We don't have all of the info yet. Let the American justice system do its due diligence and finish.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jul/11/trump-tower-meeting-russian-lawyer-raises-legal-qu/

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from giving anything of value to a campaign engaged in a U.S. election. It’s also a crime to solicit a foreign national to do so, or even to "knowingly provide substantial assistance" in receiving something of value.

While illegal foreign contributions typically take the form of money, legal experts told us it’s possible a court could find that "information" satisfies the legal requirement if it’s considered valuable to a campaign.

"Contributions definitely do not need to be in the form of cash to constitute a thing of value," said Michael S. Kang, a law professor at Emory University Law School. "However, it also needs to be said that this is an unusual situation quite unlike the usual context for an illegal foreign contribution, typically in the form of money rather than information."

Additional legally significant questions remain unanswered, experts said, including whether the younger Trump engaged in these actions "knowingly."

However, some experts noted that recently-surfaced facts substantially flesh out the evidence needed to show intent.

"The tweeted emails make things worse for Trump Jr.," said Michael Gerhardt, a professor at UNC School of Law. "He looks now as if he attended the meeting with not only his eyes open but also to acquire information -- something of value -- in violation of federal law."

You spent that much time saying NOTHING...HERE...Another dem fishing expedition... :439_fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

The dossier was originally being funded by anti-Trump Republicans during the primaries. 

I'm not sure I even understand your comparison. 

Paying a foreign person or entity to perform a service is different from what the Trump campaign potentially did.

Cambridge Analytica (used by Ted Cruz and Donald Trump) is a British entity. Does that mean they colluded with the British?

Hey, if it was GOP that colluded on this I am all ears. 

1 hour ago, Omar said:

I would say with a repub President, house and senate, that if this were even remotely true, they would investigate immediately. So what is the hold up? 

Good question. Could be that there is no FBI director, but that will change soon. So the GOP control will have no excuses.

1 hour ago, Downtown said:

I'm all about punishing Trump if he did something wrong. I just haven't seen any evidence of it....yet.

36 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Didn't @ben4titans teach you anything Thor? Opinions ARE fact on this site! In fact, you can have an entire account dedicated to presenting opinions as fact, right Ben?

I just want to make sure there was no collusion between foreign countries and either party. Our Democracy hangs in the balance.

Justafan   

I thought the Russian Dossier was fake and all the work of Strike Force?

Different talking point today?  I'm so shocked.

Again, I don't blame you for diversion tactics, i'll only point out that it doesn't matter.  Trump Jr. is being asked to talk to SIC.  Let's just see if they ask Chalupa or any of these others to come testify as to collusion.  It's silly but by all means keep trying to justify one of the biggest scandals in American political history if it makes you feel better.  

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

It's silly but by all means keep trying to justify one of the biggest nothingburger scandals in American political history if it makes you feel better.  

Fixed it for you.

patsplat   

The law in question is not about paying out, rather it's about receiving.

If Clinton bought a Japanese car it wouldn't be a violation of election law.  But if her campaign was gifted a 300ZX it would be a different story.

Besides, the Ukraine didn't dox the GOP.

Justafan   
2 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

Fixed it for you.

Yea, so nothing that an independent counsel has been appointed, there are at least 3 ongoing investigations now, people are being subpoenaed or at least threatened with subpoenas and the Trump team is lawyering the fuck up.

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

Yea, so nothing that an independent counsel has been appointed, there are at least 3 ongoing investigations now, people are being subpoenaed or at least threatened with subpoenas and the Trump team is lawyering the fuck up.

They did the same thing with Valerie Plame investigation, and it was a big nothingburger!