Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

On 1/15/2019 at 3:36 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Beasley has been out for a while prior to his mother dying. She was fighting cancer and he was with her. She passed (On Christmas) so he just came back last week. He has only played 16 games.

The reason Beasley has only played 18 games this season is because he's so terrible. He tried to play in his practice shorts against OKC! :lolabove:

55 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The reason Beasley has only played 18 games this season is because he's so terrible. He tried to play in his practice shorts against OKC! :lolabove:

Was pretty funny. 

But you did see who won that game, right?

On 1/17/2019 at 11:25 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Was pretty funny. But you did see who won that game, right?

Did you see who won the next game in Houston? Typical choke job by LA after leading by 21. :lolabove:

The last time LA played Houston they were 17-10 and the Rockets were 12-14. Now the Lakers are struggling at 25-22 without LeBron.

But the Rockets have won 15 of their last 20 games with Capela missing the last 3 games and Chris Paul missing the last 14 games.

Plus Eric Gordon missed 8 of those games and James Ennis missed 11 of those games. And Harden has been playing like a GOAT!!!

10 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Did you see who won the next game in Houston? Typical choke job by LA after leading by 21. :lolabove:

That's alright, we were just down 17 to a better team and won that. Happens with young teams. Lack consistency. Nothing new. Both were on the road. 

But realize that we were tapping that ass. 

Also realize the only reason yall won is cuz Lonzo got hurt. He was carving yall the fuck up. 

The last time LA played Houston they were 17-10 and the Rockets were 12-14. Now the Lakers are struggling at 25-22 without LeBron.

Point? Yall are struggling too. 4-4 in the last 8 isnt exactly great.

But the Rockets have won 15 of their last 20 games with Capela missing the last 3 games and Chris Paul missing the last 14 games.

Yet yall are 4-4 in your last 8 and barely squeezed by a team you think sucks. 

Plus Eric Gordon missed 8 of those games and James Ennis missed 11 of those games. And Harden has been playing like a GOAT!!!

I dont see your point. Yall havent been the only team without players. At least you still have your best player, we dont. And yall are .500 in your last 8. Great!

Btw, GOATs win rings....

Last year the Lakers improved from 26-56 to 35-47. A very commendable 9-win increase from the previous season. Bravo.

After adding LeBron, arguably the best player in the NBA, you'd think they could do the same this year. But at 31-37, it doesn't seem very likely. :sad:

Why is a Tennessee forum obsessed with the Lakers? Don't you have the Grizzlies? Even if they suck it's not like people here became California NFL team fans.

On 3/15/2019 at 2:03 AM, Somedude said:

Why is a Tennessee forum obsessed with the Lakers? Don't you have the Grizzlies? Even if they suck it's not like people here became California NFL team fans.

I don’t think any of the guys who contribute to this section of the forum are from Tennessee. Titans are the only non California based team I root for. 

The Lakers are currently projected to take Indiana SG Romeo Langford in the draft. We can expect Jake to tell us he's gonna be the next Kobe. :unsure:

On 7/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Rondo?

Green

LBJ

Davis

McGee

Caruso/Cook

KCP

Dudley

Kuzma

Cousins

What's wrong with that squad?

You said the exact same thing about how great last year's squad was going to be and they ended up going 37-45, up from 35-47 in 2018.

How much better are they going to be this year? The Lakers have replaced Lonzo, Ingram, Reggie Bullock, Zubac, Josh Hart, and Stephenson with Anthony Davis, Boogie, Danny Green, Quinn Cook, and a couple of other players at the minimum who probably won't make much difference.

You said the exact same thing about how great last year's squad was going to be and they ended up going 37-45, up from 35-47 in 2018.

How much better are they going to be this year? The Lakers have replaced Lonzo, Ingram, Reggie Bullock, Zubac, Josh Hart, and Stephenson with Anthony Davis, Boogie, Danny Green, Quinn Cook, and a couple of other players at the minimum who probably won't make much difference.

I think they do have a better team but it is more volitale in terms of health.  You're counting on Lebron, Davis, and Cousins not getting injured and staying healthy.

11 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

We were 4th in the West in year one with not much chemistry until virtually everyone on the team got hurt in sequence.

We also added Avery Bradley if the Rich Eisen Show is reporting that correctly. Another nice addition to the bench. 

Rondo

Green

LBJ

Davis

Cousins/McGee

Cook

Bradley

KCP

Kuzma

McGee/Kuzma

I think Ball and Ingram will still be damn good to great players. But anyone is dumb if they dobt believe this roster top to bottom is more worthy of being a title contender.

Funny how your ass for 3 years were calling all of our young guys busts. Now we get Davis and guys with Finals experience like Green, Cousins, Cook, keep Rondo, and you want to act like last years team is better or as good?

Do you ever remain consistent?

Also, dont forget, as we continue to add players like Bradley, we could actually have some pieces to trade at the deadline for maybe other players that could help. 

I wish we still had Ball, but I have no issues with how Rob and Co. Constructed this team. 

19 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We were 4th in the West in year one with not much chemistry until virtually everyone on the team got hurt in sequence.

We also added Avery Bradley if the Rich Eisen Show is reporting that correctly. Another nice addition to the bench. 

Rondo

Green

LBJ

Davis

Cousins/McGee

Cook

Bradley

KCP

Kuzma

McGee/Kuzma

I think Ball and Ingram will still be damn good to great players. But anyone is dumb if they dobt believe this roster top to bottom is more worthy of being a title contender.

Funny how your ass for 3 years were calling all of our young guys busts. Now we get Davis and guys with Finals experience like Green, Cousins, Cook, keep Rondo, and you want to act like last years team is better or as good?

Do you ever remain consistent?

Also, dont forget, as we continue to add players like Bradley, we could actually have some pieces to trade at the deadline for maybe other players that could help. 

I wish we still had Ball, but I have no issues with how Rob and Co. Constructed this team. 

This is even better if you think about playoff shortened rotations and crunch time line-ups. 

Lakers could spell Bron and AD with a Cousins/Rondo lineup for a short span, and close out with something like LeBron/AD/Kuzma/Green and whoever is playing best of Cook/Bradley/KCP/Daniels. 

Bradley's potential as just someone being asked to 3 and D is big. LeBron/AD pick and roll surrounded by 3 shooters will be devastating. 

Pretty much as I wrote this, reports came out that LeBron is going to start as PG. Rest assured he isn't going to be beat into the ground at PG but this is the most logical evolution of his career and exactly what they should have done. I love this. Magic just tweeted "Laker Nation, I’m dreaming about the 4th quarter Lakers team with LeBron, AD, Danny Green, Avery Bradley, and Kyle Kuzma. That’s almost unbeatable!"--the exact scenario I posted. 

This lineup offers shooting and switchable defense across every spot. Avery Bradley just needs to hit open shots, he can sell out against opposing wings with LeBron and Danny Green spelling him. The new recruits give them a lot of flexibility. They don't have to be god tier, just good and just able to fill in spots. They've got that in spades. Dudley, a great defensive piece, can antagonize the shit out of a better offensive player. Cousins has shown he can play that Marc Gasol role on offense. What happens when he gets fully healthy? What happens when he has AD covering his back...the best defender LeBron has ever had. 

The point is, the Lakers have a damn good roster. I'm not anointing them champions but they are definitely in the top tier of contenders for the title in the West: Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors.  The next tier are all very solid teams without the alpha star: Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers. 

Not one of those teams is lightyears ahead. Lakers have as good a chance as any to come out of it. 

Edited by Bink

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Rondo

Green

LBJ

Davis

Cousins/McGee

Cook

Bradley

KCP

Kuzma

McGee/Kuzma

LeBron is being moved to PG, so that makes Rondo the backup. I think they should start Bradley since he's one of their best defenders.

So start: 1) LeBron, 2) Bradley, 3) Green, 4) Davis, 5) Cousins

Bench: 1) Rondo, 2) Caruso, 3) KCP, 4) Kuzma, 5) McGee