Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

On 7/12/2017 at 12:09 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

At this point, the way Ingram looked in his first game, I'm making Cousins a priority next year over PG. LeBron 1, Boogie 2, George 3.

Perfect world they get two. Hopefully worst case scenario is they land one.

It's funny how you said this a year ago that Boogie was such a priority over Paul George, very strange. Of course LeBron is there now and PG is in OKC.

I know that the Golden State fans think that he will make a huge impact there, but it doesn't bode well for him recovering from an achilles injury.

He will however be an UFA next summer while the Warriors try to somehow re-sign both Durant and Thompson. And I highly doubt they will.

And if the summer of 2019 is anything like the summer of 2016 when so many bad contracts were given out by NBA teams, the Lakers will be in a perfect position to mortgage their future on the achilles heel of Boogie Cousins by giving him a huge contract. Good luck with that! :lolabove:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's funny how you said this a year ago that Boogie was such a priority over Paul George, very strange. Of course LeBron is there now and PG is in OKC.

I know that the Golden State fans think that he will make a huge impact there, but it doesn't bode well for him recovering from an achilles injury.

He will however be an UFA next summer while the Warriors try to somehow re-sign both Durant and Thompson. And I highly doubt they will.

And if the summer of 2019 is anything like the summer of 2016 when so many bad contracts were given out by NBA teams, the Lakers will be in a perfect position to mortgage their future on the achilles heel of Boogie Cousins by giving him a huge contract. Good luck with that! :lolabove:

He would have been. That was also before Boogie blew out his achilles you fucking joker.

Also, for the 500th time....we have different ppl running the show now. 

Know what you're talking about if you want to try and talk shit.

Yalls window is closing. And you know it.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:06 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Yalls window is closing. And you know it.

There are only two windows open in the NBA right now, one is in Oakland and the other's in Houston. We will see which one closes first.

8 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

There are only two windows open in the NBA right now, one is in Oakland and the other's in Houston. We will see which one closes first.

It doesn't really matter for yall. If GS closes, the Lakers are taking over. 

This is yalls last real chance this year. And you barely have a chance barring GS injuries.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

You think the Lakers window is long?  Lebron is getting up there.  

I think Magic and Pelinkas drafting success to this point, along with LBJ joining signals a rebirth of the Lakers. As in, Magics presence and what he has done to this point, and LBJ coming puts the Lakers back on top as a premiere destination for players. 

Our continued success from here on out will not totally depend on how long LBJ is a top 2, 5, or 10 player. 

I believe whether via trade or free agency, we get at least one more stud. 

And if that stud is a Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, or Butler (Who the latest rumors suggest is open to the idea of joining LA), any of those guys along with our young core keeps us contenders throughout LBJs decline. 

Especially considering GSW more than likely will split at some point, and HOU has hamstrung themselves with the contracts to Harden, Capela, and CP who seems to be declining quicker than LBJ.

Outside of those two, there is no team that is hands down better than the Lakers at this point. And if we were to add one of those I mentioned, no team other than a non-split GS squad would be favored against us unless they were to add a Durant, Kawhi, AD themselves.

On 12/2/2018 at 1:46 AM, Oiler FANatic said:

How's that great Lakers bench doing right now? Besides Josh Hart who do they have? KCP, Stephenson, and Chandler? Wow....:rolleyes:

Since acquiring Chandler we have one of the top rated Ds in the league.

Where do yall rank defensively?

Meanwhile, Lance is averaging the same stats as Ennis but playing 10 less minutes a game. 

KCP is averaging the same as Ennis and averaging 5 less minutes a game. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt Ennis start for yall? So two of our french players putting in more work than one of your starters? And you want to talk shit?

But dont take my word for it....

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/19/7/diffeff/1-1

Tell me where yall rank in relation to us. 

See you in a couple weeks!

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The Suns seem to be willing to trade Ariza for KCP which should help out the Lakers "top-rated" defense, but unfortunately not by Thursday.

A move like that isnt done for a meaningless game against the second worst team in the conference. It's made for the playoffs.

Ariza is going back to Washington and Austin Rivers is going to Phoenix in a 3-team trade also involving Memphis.

edit: Apparently there was a misunderstanding on which Brooks was being traded (Dillon or MarShon), Woj says the deal is dead. :wacko:

Edited by Oiler FANatic

On 12/13/2018 at 11:04 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

The Lakers just got pwned by the second worst team in the conference (for the 2nd time this season)? What does that make them?

Idk what it makes them but we're still on track to make the playoffs.

How about that 2nd worst team?

Good thing the Suns suck dick otherwise that might make yall second to none.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Idk what it makes them but we're still on track to make the playoffs.

Since LeBron got hurt the Lakers are just 3-7 and are now tied for the 8th seed with Utah. Where's all that depth they're supposed to have?

17 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Since LeBron got hurt the Lakers are just 3-7 and are now tied for the 8th seed with Utah.

Yea, that's bad and they're still 8th....

They were fine until they lost that game to CLE. They shouldn't have lost that. They should also beat CHI. That would have put them 5-6 without LBJ and that would have been just fine. But oh well, still sitting in 8th and playing bad. Could be worse. 

Where's all that depth they're supposed to have?

Funny you ask that. We haven't been just missing LBJ. Rondo is and has been out.

McGee missed about 6 or 7 of those games that LBJ has.

Beasley has been out for a while prior to his mother dying. She was fighting cancer and he was with her. She passed (On Christmas) so he just came back last week. He has only played 16 games. 

Kuzma missed three or four of those games LBJ and Rondo and McGee and Beasley did. 

So we have been without:

Starting SForward (best player in NBA)

Starting PForward

Starting Center

Starting PG

Role player

Takes its toll on the depth.

Edited by JakePA_Titan