Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

28 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Again, you're making it an "us against the world" mentality when in reality you are just so damn abrasive when it comes to basketball that you're the one making arguments out of thin air most of the time.

Who here has not said that the Lakers are better with Ball? It's pretty damn apparent that they are and everyone on this forum has said so. Again, you're the one that is making him to be a perennial all-star because his summer league play... everyone else is just being realistic that stats don't matter.

But they have trouble being realistic when it comes to the 76ers is what im saying. Its not ok for me to be optimistic about a player who has actually played and shown out, but it's ok for people to talk about how great players are who haven't shown shit, summer league or regular season?

This isn't about your or my general opinions towards his future. Its about people saying guys who haven't shown shit are great, yet someone who has actually shown skills, they want to diminish it. 

It's me rubbing it in the faces of those who say Lakers future isn't bright. Because our guys are actually showing what they can be. Not sitting on the bench tweeting everyday.

They want to be realistic when it's in their best interest. 

Again, people are IMPLYING that he won't be able to do this in the NBA when they say "it's only summer league". If you can't understand any of that, then I realize why you can't understand where l'm coming from.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

18 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I just am not saying that it is not already fact like you are portraying

So what your saying, is your not comfortable going out one way or another?

On 7/19/2017 at 1:52 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

So what your saying, is your not comfortable going out one way or another?

No, I'm saying it's hilarious that you are getting all defensive and think everyone is just being a hater when in reality you are the one that is in a fantasyland.

I think the dude can play, I don't know why you are thinking I am implying differently. You are literally just looking for arguments with everyone on this board who has ever called you out for being a homer. Just own it.

38 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No, I'm saying it's hilarious that you are getting all defensive and think everyone is just being a hater when in reality you are the one that is in a fantasyland.

I think the dude can play, I don't know why you are thinking I am implying differently. You are literally just looking for arguments with everyone on this board who has ever called you out for being a homer. Just own it.

What am I saying that's a fantasy?

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

On 7/19/2017 at 9:40 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Nothing wrong with that as long as the player deserves it. And Ball will show you in time he deserves it much more than Mettenberger.

You're comparing him to Lebron, Curry, Harden and implying that he will be as good as them. I know you are saying he is just putting up better preseason numbers than those guys in certain categories but you are for sure being the over the top hype man similar to BK.... At the end of the day I have a hard time agreeing with someone that they have earned their hype from a couple preseason games. Simple as that.

I don't think you're being crazy that he will be good or anything but it's ridiculous that you think that people calling you out by emphasizing that it's summer league is some super defensive "us against the world mentality".

28 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You're comparing him to Lebron, Curry, Harden and implying that he will be as good as them. I know you are saying he is just putting up better preseason numbers than those guys in certain categories but you are for sure being the over the top hype man similar to BK.... At the end of the day I have a hard time agreeing with someone that they have earned their hype from a couple preseason games. Simple as that.

I don't think you're being crazy that he will be good or anything but it's ridiculous that you think that people calling you out by emphasizing that it's summer league is some super defensive "us against the world mentality".

Lmao. I don't see how what you qouted is me being over the top. "As long as the player deserves it". What's wrong with that? How's that being an over the top homer? How is that categorized as someone living in fantasyland?

Give me a break.

There is reason for optimism in LA. And Ball is one reason for that optimism.

All I've said is I think he will be a special player. And his college and summer league play has given good validity to my and other people's opinions that he will be just that.

47 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Well, telling someone they are living in fantasyland definitley comes across as someone talking craziness, No?

Again, IDGAF about it being summer league. IDGAF about who he played with or against. 

I care about HOW HE PLAYS. If you watched how he plays, he makes his teammates better. He shown it the summer league. If that means little to you, go watch his college games. You'll see he made his teammates better there too.

I'm sure you're familiar with Rafer "skip to my lou" Alston. Made a name for himself in streetball. STREETBALL. Traveling and double dribbling is legal in streetball. He had a lot of doubters that said he can't do it against the best in the world. He made a decent career for himself in the NBA.

You can play or you can't. Ball can play. Again, it might take him a year or two before (to adjust) the results match his capabilities but it will come.

Then all of you are going to look back and say, why was I being so petty about his summer league performance? 

And I'll say this again. Y'all sit here acting like summer league means nothing. But had he absolutely stunk. If all of his games were like the first two, y'all would be using that as your ammunition to crush him and say he won't be any good. And if you say I'm wrong, you're full of shit. 

9 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

And I'll say this again. Y'all sit here acting like summer league means nothing. But had he absolutely stunk. If all of his games were like the first two, y'all would be using that as your ammunition to crush him and say he won't be any good. And if you say I'm wrong, you're full of shit. 

Except they would be in response to you originally posting a new thread about the all-time greats that had fantastic careers but played poor in summer league. You're the instigator most of the time (whether it be just by posting news or not) then cry foul when people call you out and then just bitch and moan more about "the haters".

10 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

There is reason for optimism in LA. And Ball is one reason for that optimism.

Tell me which poster disagree'd with any part of that statement?

35 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Tell me which poster disagree'd with any part of that statement?

By that response I'll assume you believe Ball is a good reason for LA fans to be optimistic.

Why is Ball one of those reasons? Because of what he did in college and now, the summer league. So anyone saying "it's just summer league" is basically saying stop the hype. Cool the optimism. 

So you're one of them I guess.

I predicted they would win 35 to 40 games. Yet I'm getting blasted for being a homer and living in fantasy land because I believe Ball will be a special player based off what he has shown.

49 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Except they would be in response to you originally posting a new thread about the all-time greats that had fantastic careers but played poor in summer league. You're the instigator most of the time (whether it be just by posting news or not) then cry foul when people call you out and then just bitch and moan more about "the haters".

Lol. You got me again. In response to me?

Go read that please. Look at how quick the Lakers haters wanted to rip Ball for his first game. Look at the shots about LA getting LeBron and George. News flash, I'm not the one driving those rumors, it's the media. And likely or not, it's absolutely a possibility. So where do ppl even get off making jokes as if it's not?  BECAUSE OF LAKER HATE.

Why talk shit on a kid for his summer league performance if it means nothing? BECAUSE OF LAKER HATE.

Fultz was the #1 pick and played worse than ball. Why is no one talking shit on him? Cuz he isn't a Laker.

Like I said, he plays bad, they rip him. He plays good and I'm the one to point it out, now I'm a homer and being told it's only summer league. 

14 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Pretty much everything pertaining to the Lakers. Their years of dominance are a thing of the past and you can't accept that.

7 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Pretty much everything pertaining to the Lakers. Their years of dominance are a thing of the past and you can't accept that.

Everything? Either show some proof of it or stfu. 

Y'all call me a homer yet there is nothing I said that's unrealistic. And you're the one saying Bergman is as good as Correa and y'all won't miss a beat because of it. And you call me homer. Gtfoh.