Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

On 7/16/2017 at 10:47 PM, Bink said:

Dumb shit about Kuzma aside (he looks fine sure, but chill) I don't think you can look at this offseason and give them anything but an A. I don't think they'll be as good as you do, but they improved and built for the future. Getting rid of Russell and snagging Ball, ditching the Moz contract, etc. It was a good offseason for sure. 

Kuzma said fuck Ingram and Ball, I'll lead the Lakers summer league team to the title myself.

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Kuzma said fuck Ingram and Ball, I'll lead the Lakers summer league team to the title myself.

Summer league, again, means less than nothing. Some of the top performers last year, were Tyus Jones, Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis, Jordan McRae, Emmanuel Mudiay. 

3 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Summer league, again, means less than nothing. Some of the top performers last year, were Tyus Jones, Kris Dunn, Bobby Portis, Jordan McRae, Emmanuel Mudiay. 

So fucking what. First of all, Dunn played 2 games and Mudiay played 1. 

What about Devin Booker? He played 2 summer league games, balled out and then also balled out in the NBA.

Look at these names.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/summer/1/NBA-Summer-League/0/stats

How come guys like LeBron, Harden, Curry don't top any of those lists? Did it mean they couldn't play in the NBA? No. Guys like Wall and Butler made that list. Were people saying it's just summer league then? No because people didn't even pay attention to it. Ball has made them care about summer league.

Why do people rave about kids in High School? HIGH SCHOOL.... a lot of high school kids don't even make it to college yet ppl get excited about some HS kids.

Why is that? Because it doesn't matter what level you're at, you can tell just by watching someone how good they could be.

Yet ppl like you want to diminish someones accomplishments that is doing it two levels higher. Hilarious.

If you watched Kuzma and Ball actually play, you could tell easily, that they know how to play Ball.

Will there be a learning curve for both of them? Absolutely. But that's the way it is for 90% of the players that come into he league.

Kawhi averaged 25 ppg in summer league if you look at that link. The first 3 years in the NBA Leonard didn't average more than 12.8 points. Now, he is considered one of the best players in the league.

But what did he show in summer league? That he knows how to play and COULD get it done. So maybe there is a 2 or 3 year learning curve for Ball ( I doubt it takes that long because he will have the ball in his hands the first year way more than Kawhi did). Even if thats the case, he's 19, so what. Let him learn and adjust to the highest level. But the point is that Ball has shown that he CAN play. And play damn well.

Anyone trying to diminish his skills because it's summer league is just providing a weak hater analysis.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

36 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Anyone trying to diminish his skills because it's summer league is just providing a weak hater analysis.

Who here is saying he can't play because it's only summer league... You're the one comparing him to Curry, Lebron (and now Khawhi) and implying he's destined to be as good as them eventually.

The only thing the "haters" are saying is that Summer league has always had players that play well or don't play well who went on to play fantastic in the NBA or vice versa.

You're the one acting like it's some major, important thing.... Everyone else is just being realistic.

52 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

How come guys like LeBron, Harden, Curry don't top any of those lists? Did it mean they couldn't play in the NBA? No. Guys like Wall and Butler made that list. Were people saying it's just summer league then? No because people didn't even pay attention to it. Ball has made them care about summer league.

You just proved how summer league doesn't mean much.

Again, no one cares that people are somewhat talking about summer league... If he ends up being a great player (which is and always has seemed likely), what does people snapchatting about summer league have to do with anything?

When it comes to here, YOU'RE  the one who yet again is constantly bringing up stuff that people never truly cared about to start with but since you are so obnoxious when it comes to the NBA it just makes people be vocal about it... on this site.

39 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Who here is saying he can't play because it's only summer league... You're the one comparing him to Curry, Lebron (and now Khawhi) and implying he's destined to be as good as them eventually.

The only thing the "haters" are saying is that Summer league has always had players that play well or don't play well who went on to play fantastic in the NBA or vice versa.

You're the one acting like it's some major, important thing.... Everyone else is just being realistic.

People are implying that since "it's only summer league" that he CAN'T do it at the NBA level.

Meanwhile, they weren't saying "it's just summer league" after his first 2 games weren't as impressive.

So it's ok to mock him after a "meaningless" bad game, but when people say "how about the good game by Ball", all of a sudden it's, "ahh, it doesn't mean anything".

You don't diminish what someone is doing by saying "it's only summer league" unless you feel he can't do it in the NBA. I'm I wrong?

People who said "it's only preseason" towards Daks performance said that because they didn't think he coiuld do it in the regular season. Then he did it and people wanted to say it's his line, it's Zeke. Haters will always find a way to diminish the accomplishments of someone they don't like.

Unfortunately for Ball, the haters don't like his dad and want to take it out on him. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Ball has had a solid summer but lets not act like thats the tell all sign that he is going to be a stud. Like I said lets see what he does when he is playing against other top PGs on both ends of the floor. Unless you can tell us who the elite PGs hes gone toe to toe with so far are?

24 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You just proved how summer league doesn't mean much.

Again, no one cares that people are somewhat talking about summer league... If he ends up being a great player (which is and always has seemed likely), what does people snapchatting about summer league have to do with anything?

When it comes to here, YOU'RE  the one who yet again is constantly bringing up stuff that people never truly cared about to start with but since you are so obnoxious when it comes to the NBA it just makes people be vocal about it... on this site.

Well I guess it really stems from EVERYONE saying Philly has a brighter future than LA.

Meanwhile they are filled up with soft ass players who get injured.

Just so everyone knows. No one is talking about Fultz and Phikkys future. They all talking about Ball and the Lakers.

And if ppl never truly cared about any of it, why are they responding? Why do they come back to talk about It?

They care.... which is why they are watching just like me. Only they are watching in hopes that he sucks.

10 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Ball has had a solid summer but lets not act like thats the tell all sign that he is going to be a stud. Like I said lets see what he does when he is playing against other top PGs on both ends of the floor. Unless you can tell us who the elite PGs hes gone toe to toe with so far are?

I don't think it really matters. Good players will get theirs regardless.

What I will bring up is that the average height for a NBA PG is 6'1". Ball is 6'5". 

So he shouldn't have any trouble with his strengths as far as passing and seeing the court. I'm sure commen sensed people would agree.

I see only 2 true weaknesses from him. His on ball D is one. His off ball D is pretty good. He knows how to get in the passing lane and come from behind guys for a steal, he plays help D well. And the other is the 3 ball. He looked good at times but we'll see how consistent he can become. And if he can figure it out, those 6'1" PGs sure won't effect his shot much.

And I think with him being young, the turnovers will haunt him at times. But I think he is very capable of averaging 13+ ppg, 4-5 rpg, and 8-9 apg as a rookie. That stat line as a pass first rookie PG would equate to a very nice year.

And more than his rookie year, this is big picture.

Chris Paul is an elite PG now, but will he be in 3 years when Ball is only 22?

Lakers fans know we aren't competing for a title in a year or two if we don't land a PG or LeBron. But Ball is only 19. The core of the team is young af. Will Curry, Klay, Green, and Durant all be on the same team 4 or 5 years from now? Won't LeBron be more of a robin than a batman then? Because the Lakers players like Ball, Ingram, and Randle will be in their prime.

And honestly I don't care what they accomplish in the summer league, but I care about the players Kuzma and Ball showed they can grow into. And it looked special. 

The potential looked great. Is it ok to say that? Are people going to disagree? Am I wrong for being excited about that?

I feel like I have more right to be optimistic of the Lakers future than the 6er fans should have of theirs.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So fucking what. First of all, Dunn played 2 games and Mudiay played 1. 

What about Devin Booker? He played 2 summer league games, balled out and then also balled out in the NBA.

Look at these names.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/summer/1/NBA-Summer-League/0/stats

Why do people rave about kids in High School? HIGH SCHOOL.... a lot of high school kids don't even make it to college yet ppl get excited about some HS kids.

Why is that? Because it doesn't matter what level you're at, you can tell just by watching someone how good they could be.

Yet ppl like you want to diminish someones accomplishments that is doing it two levels higher. Hilarious.

If you watched Kuzma and Ball actually play, you could tell easily, that they know how to play Ball.

Will there be a learning curve for both of them? Absolutely. But that's the way it is for 90% of the players that come into he league.

Kawhi averaged 25 ppg in summer league if you look at that link. The first 3 years in the NBA Leonard didn't average more than 12.8 points. Now, he is considered one of the best players in the league.

But what did he show in summer league? That he knows how to play and COULD get it done. So maybe there is a 2 or 3 year learning curve for Ball ( I doubt it takes that long because he will have the ball in his hands the first year way more than Kawhi did). Even if thats the case, he's 19, so what. Let him learn and adjust to the highest level. But the point is that Ball has shown that he CAN play. And play damn well.

Quit projecting. I think Ball will be good. But citing summer league is retarded. Bad players have been unreal and good players have stunk it up

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Quit projecting.

Why? That's apart of sports. Are you telling people to stop projecting what Mariota will be? No because you are actually a fan of him and like to hear it.

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

But citing summer league is retarded.

Im citing his actual play. It being summer league is irrelevant. Like people also did with Mariota before he played an NFL down. How come people could tell Mariota would be special before he played an NFL down? When he played in a "weak" football conference. People could tell.

And I'm just saying, by watching Ball, you can tell. Regardless of his current competition.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I don't think it really matters. Good players will get theirs regardless.

What I will bring up is that the average height for a NBA PG is 6'1". Ball is 6'5". 

So he shouldn't have any trouble with his strengths as far as passing and seeing the court. I'm sure commen sensed people would agree.

I see only 2 true weaknesses from him. His on ball D is one. His off ball D is pretty good. He knows how to get in the passing lane and come from behind guys for a steal, he plays help D well. And the other is the 3 ball. He looked good at times but we'll see how consistent he can become. And if he can figure it out, those 6'1" PGs sure won't effect his shot much.

And I think with him being young, the turnovers will haunt him at times. But I think he is very capable of averaging 13+ ppg, 4-5 rpg, and 8-9 apg as a rookie. That stat line as a pass first rookie PG would equate to a very nice year.

And more than his rookie year, this is big picture.

Chris Paul is an elite PG now, but will he be in 3 years when Ball is only 22?

Lakers fans know we aren't competing for a title in a year or two if we don't land a PG or LeBron. But Ball is only 19. The core of the team is young af. Will Curry, Klay, Green, and Durant all be on the same team 4 or 5 years from now? Won't LeBron be more of a robin than a batman then? Because the Lakers players like Ball, Ingram, and Randle will be in their prime.

And honestly I don't care what they accomplish in the summer league, but I care about the players Kuzma and Ball showed they can grow into. And it looked special. 

The potential looked great. Is it ok to say that? Are people going to disagree? Am I wrong for being excited about that?

I feel like I have more right to be optimistic of the Lakers future than the 6er fans should have of theirs.

No it's not. Yes. And yes you are lol

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

No it's not. Yes. And yes you are lol

So how come no one makes a big deal about Earl being excited about a player who cant play?

Because they just argue with me to argue with me. People know Embiid is injury prone and ppl (I hope) are able to put aside their bias and see how good Ball really is. Even if they say the opposite just to spite me.