Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

On 7/8/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bink said:

Pretty much as I wrote this, reports came out that LeBron is going to start as PG. Rest assured he isn't going to be beat into the ground at PG but this is the most logical evolution of his career and exactly what they should have done. I love this. 

I heard about this too. I always thought LeBron's career evolution was going to eventually move him into a stretch 4 role like an insanely rich man's Draymond.

Figured he would move to PF so he could play closer to the basket while still being able to come out for shots, and allowing his inside game to naturally draw defenders in so he could kick it out to shooters. However, he is still relatively position-less at almost 35, which is pretty incredible.

I think the media, as usual, is running away with a small tidbit of info and making it out to be something its not.

Who really sees the Lakers making LBJ the PG for all four quarters of games throughout the entire season? That's not gonna happen. 

We have 3 PGs, not named LBJ, no way in hell LBJ is going to be the PG all season.

They will tinker with it and allow him to gain chemistry with guys as the defacto PG, but it will be sparingly throughout games and happen mostly in the 4th quarter. 

12 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Is there even a thing as a true PG anymore? Lebron will take the ball up court and the offense will run through him but that doesn’t make him the PG. 

That entire second sentence seems like you described a true PG. Of course, offenses arent always ran through the PG, but PGs do run the offense. 

I honestly cant see them expending his energy through ou ut the season making him do that all game, every game (bringing the ball up the court and running the offense). 

7 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

That entire second sentence seems like you described a true PG. Of course, offenses arent always ran through the PG, but PGs do run the offense. 

I honestly cant see them expending his energy through ou ut the season making him do that all game, every game (bringing the ball up the court and running the offense). 

Sorry meant to put at times in the game. He is going to have a role similar to a PG at times in the game. He has his whole career. That doesn’t make him the PG. He takes over games and he can’t do that without the ball in his hands.

He’s not going to be matching up with Lilliard, Curry, CP3 etc. 

13 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Sorry meant to put at times in the game. He is going to have a role similar to a PG at times in the game. He has his whole career. That doesn’t make him the PG. He takes over games and he can’t do that without the ball in his hands.

He’s not going to be matching up with Lilliard, Curry, CP3 etc. 

But the articles (rumors) was that he was being moved to PG. I understand how you're looking at it, and I agree. But it seemed like it was being sold as him playing 33 minutes a game as a PG. No way that's the case. I dont think we would have resigned Rondo if that was the case. 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:27 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Rondo will start. Mark my words. 

Whatever you say. He started all of 29 games for them last year, even though he only played 46 total. But you're the expert, right?

It's not like Caruso or Cook are in for big minutes anyway. They're both way down on the depth chart behind: LBJ, Davis, Green, Cousins, McGee, Kuzma, Rondo, Bradley, and KCP. If Rondo starts, does that make LeBron the backup PG (point forward)? Plus they still need more shooters.

After shooting a paltry 33.3% from three-point range last season (which was second worst in the NBA) they still have Rondo, Kuzma, KCP, and LeBron who shoot around 31%-34% from three and added AD and Cousins who both shoot about as poorly from 3-point range as those other four do.

The only really good shooter they added was Green who hits around 40% of his threes. Bradley is also better than anyone else in the rotation hitting about 36.5% of his. Cook, Caruso, Daniels, and Dudley are all good shooters, but none of them are going to get more than a handful of minutes.

Now that they have 14 players with guaranteed contracts, they will likely sign only one more veteran. I'd guess it will be Kyle Korver.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bink said:

The point is, the Lakers have a damn good roster. I'm not anointing them champions but they are definitely in the top tier of contenders for the title in the West: Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors.  The next tier are all very solid teams without the alpha star: Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers. 

Not one of those teams is lightyears ahead. Lakers have as good a chance as any to come out of it. 

The Warriors are not going to be one of the top 4 teams in the West after losing Durant, Iggy, Cousins, and Livingston plus they will also be without Klay Thompson for most of the season as well. I would be absolutely shocked if they won more games than Utah does, or even Denver.

With their current roster, Golden State will be lucky just to win 50 games. They might not even make the playoffs for that matter.

I would put them behind both LA teams, Houston, Utah, Denver, Portland, and San Antonio right now. Maybe New Orleans too.

Bink   
1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

The Warriors are not going to be one of the top 4 teams in the West after losing Durant, Iggy, Cousins, and Livingston plus they will also be without Klay Thompson for most of the season as well. I would be absolutely shocked if they won more games than Utah does, or even Denver.

With their current roster, Golden State will be lucky just to win 50 games. They might not even make the playoffs for that matter.

I would put them behind both LA teams, Houston, Utah, Denver, Portland, and San Antonio right now. Maybe New Orleans too.

I think Steph/Russell/Draymond can get them into the playoffs---with Klay I still think they are a huge threat. He is likely back in Feb, plenty of time to get ready. They could have beaten Raptors with Klay. 

11 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Whatever you say. He started all of 29 games for them last year, even though he only played 46 total. But you're the expert, right?

LBJ only played 55. So what exactly is your point? I guess for the clinically dumb I have to stay "if" healthy Rondo will start games as the PG. 

It's not like Caruso or Cook are in for big minutes anyway. They're both way down on the depth chart behind: LBJ, Davis, Green, Cousins, McGee, Kuzma, Rondo, Bradley, and KCP. If Rondo starts, does that make LeBron the backup PG (point forward)? Plus they still need more shooters.

You're the only one even talking about Cook or Caruso. Do yall even have that many ppl on the Rockets as of right now?

Yall need ppl who don't turn the ball over....

After shooting a paltry 33.3% from three-point range last season (which was second worst in the NBA) they still have Rondo, Kuzma, KCP, and LeBron who shoot around 31%-34% from three and added AD and Cousins who both shoot about as poorly from 3-point range as those other four do.

LAC finished 3rd as a team in 3pt%. How far it get em? Yall finished 2nd and came up shorter than yall did the year before. 

The only really good shooter they added was Green who hits around 40% of his threes. Bradley is also better than anyone else in the rotation hitting about 36.5% of his. Cook, Caruso, Daniels, and Dudley are all good shooters, but none of them are going to get more than a handful of minutes.

Ok, expert. 

Now that they have 14 players with guaranteed contracts, they will likely sign only one more veteran. I'd guess it will be Kyle Korver.

Damn, another shitty shooter. We're fucked.

11 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Portland, SA and NO? Really? 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

So glad the Lakers missed out on Kawhi. They have enough championships

They will probably get JR Smith, so all is not lost in LaLa Land. That will complete their roster and the rotation should be:

Starters: LBJ, Anthony Davis, Boogie, Danny Green, and Avery Bradley

2nd Unit: Rondo, Kuzma, JR Smith, McGee, and KCP