Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Lakers projected lineup

Embiid cant stay on the court yet he is a HOFer.

Ball has had two triple doubles and won an MVP award. Yet he's an overrated bum...

Love it.

Keep it up people. We'll see who has the last laugh.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

"You can see that. If he's getting triple-doubles in the summer league, he is going to get triple-doubles in the regular season," Johnson said. "Just like me, when I got here, there was pressure. I was the No. 1 pick. I didn't care about that. I am going to play my game. Lonzo is going to play his game. The great ones do."

Magic Johnson says summer league showed Lakers are 'already better' http://es.pn/2vA0VLD
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Wait a minute. That's sounds familiar.

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So fucking what. First of all, Dunn played 2 games and Mudiay played 1. 

What about Devin Booker? He played 2 summer league games, balled out and then also balled out in the NBA.

Look at these names.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/summer/1/NBA-Summer-League/0/stats

How come guys like LeBron, Harden, Curry don't top any of those lists? Did it mean they couldn't play in the NBA? No. Guys like Wall and Butler made that list. Were people saying it's just summer league then? No because people didn't even pay attention to it. Ball has made them care about summer league.

Why do people rave about kids in High School? HIGH SCHOOL.... a lot of high school kids don't even make it to college yet ppl get excited about some HS kids.

Why is that? Because it doesn't matter what level you're at, you can tell just by watching someone how good they could be.

Yet ppl like you want to diminish someones accomplishments that is doing it two levels higher. Hilarious.

If you watched Kuzma and Ball actually play, you could tell easily, that they know how to play Ball.

Will there be a learning curve for both of them? Absolutely. But that's the way it is for 90% of the players that come into he league.

Kawhi averaged 25 ppg in summer league if you look at that link. The first 3 years in the NBA Leonard didn't average more than 12.8 points. Now, he is considered one of the best players in the league.

But what did he show in summer league? That he knows how to play and COULD get it done. So maybe there is a 2 or 3 year learning curve for Ball ( I doubt it takes that long because he will have the ball in his hands the first year way more than Kawhi did). Even if thats the case, he's 19, so what. Let him learn and adjust to the highest level. But the point is that Ball has shown that he CAN play. And play damn well.

Anyone trying to diminish his skills because it's summer league is just providing a weak hater analysis.

Y'all can go argue with a former 5 time champion and HOFer now.

"We are already better," Johnson said. "The roster is more balanced. We saw the ball movement in summer league. ... We want to go up and down. ... Also, our practices are going to be amazing, and that will lead to us getting better in games.

"I tell you what, I would not want to miss a Lakers game this season. It's going to be exciting every single night."

Preach!

9 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why? That's apart of sports. Are you telling people to stop projecting what Mariota will be? No because you are actually a fan of him and like to hear it.

Im citing his actual play. It being summer league is irrelevant. Like people also did with Mariota before he played an NFL down. How come people could tell Mariota would be special before he played an NFL down? When he played in a "weak" football conference. People could tell.

And I'm just saying, by watching Ball, you can tell. Regardless of his current competition.

I meant you're projecting what you perceive as what I am saying on to me when it was far from my point. If you cited his college play then yeah, ok. No one talked about Mariota being a god because he played well in the pre season. By watching Bobby Portis I could tell! No you can't. 

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Someone here is starting to sound just like BergerKing, or whatever that Mettenberger zealot called himself....:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with that as long as the player deserves it. And Ball will show you in time he deserves it much more than Mettenberger.

20 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So how come no one makes a big deal about Earl being excited about a player who cant play?

Because they just argue with me to argue with me. People know Embiid is injury prone and ppl (I hope) are able to put aside their bias and see how good Ball really is CAN BE. Even if they say the opposite just to spite me.

Who here has denied his potential? Do you disagree that stats in Summer League can't project a players stats in the NBA?

21 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why? That's apart of sports. Are you telling people to stop projecting what Mariota will be? No because you are actually a fan of him and like to hear it.

Yes, People were saying to temper your expectations when Mariota wasn't throwing any picks in preseason of his rookie year.

It wasn't until the regular season rolled around where stats mattered.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Who here has denied his potential? Do you disagree that stats in Summer League can't project a players stats in the NBA?

I've already stated that. I agree. 

My whole argument was on the eye test. I'm sure you've heard of Zion Williamson. If not he's a HS baller who is murdering it. He's all the rage currently. 

Some of the kids he's playing won't even make it to college. LeBron was hyped in HS as well. Sometimes you can just see in players how special they are.

I'm just saying that people are coming across as if you can't tell if he'll (ball) be good based on his summer league performance. And I'm saying you can, stats aside. Just by watching him you can tell.

Skip Baylrss isn't even a Lakers fan and he's saying he'll average a triple double relatively soon in his career and he'll be an All Star by year two. 

I'm not even going there. But I believe we are no doubt better, just with him. And as he grows, he will be a great player. 

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Yes, People were saying to temper your expectations when Mariota wasn't throwing any picks in preseason of his rookie year.

It wasn't until the regular season rolled around where stats mattered.

And do you believe personally, Lonzo won't be able to put up the numbers in the NBA that he has in the summer league. The 36 point game aside. 

You don't believe he could average 13+ and 8+ assists per game with this current team?

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm not even going there. But I believe we are no doubt better, just with him. And as he grows, he will be a great player. 

Again, you're making it an "us against the world" mentality when in reality you are just so damn abrasive when it comes to basketball that you're the one making arguments out of thin air most of the time.

Who here has not said that the Lakers are better with Ball? It's pretty damn apparent that they are and everyone on this forum has said so. Again, you're the one that is making him to be a perennial all-star because his summer league play... everyone else is just being realistic that stats don't matter.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

And do you believe personally, Lonzo won't be able to put up the numbers in the NBA that he has in the summer league. The 36 point game aside. 

You don't believe he could average 13+ and 8+ assists per game with this current team?

I just am not saying that it is not already fact like you are portraying