Trump Jr. Releases E-mail chain with Russians

Mythos27

21 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

He denied meeting with the Russians. Then the meeting was made public. Lie.  Then he lied about the purpose of the meeting. Said it was about adoption Then the purpose of the meeting was made public and he changed his story again and said the information wasn't damaging. Come one Ben. Don't make excuses for people trying to undermine our democratic elections and put someone in power that they could manipulate. That just makes YOU look bad.

Where did the Trump jr.. information come from to begin with?

Who are these "Russians" that are involved? A lawyer from Russia?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, let's say that what Hillary and Trump did are exactly the same. Let's say that liberals are huge hypocrites for defending Hillary and going after Trump. Doesn't that also make you a huge hypocrite

I thought this whole thing was debunked already. Strange to see emails which pretty much tacitly admit collusion.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, thor said:

Where did the Trump jr.. information come from to begin with?

I read an article this morning that this info is coming from three sources within the WH. Trumps own people who lnow how bad this could get..not sure about how valid this is, I am trying to find that article. 

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

I quit posting in this section because I don't think it makes things better to argue with people you get along with.  I see a very real difference here than any of what you have on that list.  Russia is an enemy of this country and will try to do things to hurt it.  Birther  Fake News  LEAKS  Those are all bullshit one word catch phrases for dimwits.  We have a serious problem here.  If Obama's birth certificate was a real issue, I would have joined you.  The fact you try to defend this by bring up Fake News places me in an awkward position.  My only rational response would be to insult you and I do not believe that to be productive.  

Believe what you want.  Just take time to turn within, connect to whatever diety you believe in and be still.  Just listen.  Stop battling about blowjobs and realize this is different.  Then hold you head high and be willing to tell anybody how you feel.  For a lot of people, this is just message board trolling.  I grew up in an America that just would never tolerate this.  If you are just laughing and playing have your fun, but be willing to accept the consequences of a country governed by a leader in cahoots with enemy.  Be willing to see your children and grandchildren carry the burden of it.

What are you talking about???

Leaks are TREASON... Is this Treason???

49 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

There was no quid pro quo in the emails. There was a one time offering of damning emails regarding Hillary's dealing with Russia, was it not? 

The email again....

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

They were offering official documents AND information that would incriminate Clinton AND her dealings with Russia. 

But anyway, the interesting thing with these emails are that Goldstone is very careful to not suggest requiring anything in return from Jr or the Trump campaign, but very plainly spells out that the Russian government is eager to help Trump in winning the election.

Almost like he was setting up Jr for future blackmail.  

57 minutes ago, thor said:

I didn't say I'd use the material...That's a whole other discussion...I said I would go to the meeting and hear them out...with a lawyer...

And that would be illegal. You're basically saying you'd want to see how good it was before deciding to use it or not. iirc the Bush campaign was approached about by a foreign country w/ negative info on an opponent years ago too. Guess what they did... notified the FBI as they should have.

54 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Yes, but that wasn't mentioned I'm the emails. So where in the emails, the only solid evidence you have, is a quid pro quo?

You're assuming that all the evidence they've found has been made public or has been leaked. Schiff already said they actually have much more on this than what's been leaked to the public. This is an active investigation. All we know is what's been leaked and that by itself is pretty damning.

And the quid pro quo possibly be discussed in the meeting. It's also possible that the Russians would just give the Trump campaign info knowing that if they kept a record of the conversation that they'd have something over those individuals. Give a favor so you have blackmail material later.

My post from the other thread:

Image may contain: text

This part was particularly interesting

"The Crown prosecutor of  Russia met with is Father Aras this morning and their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very helpful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and it's government's support for Mr Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin."

Let's look at the timeframe again:

Trump wins the nomination. 

Soon afterwards his son is approached by Russians saying they have negative info on Hillary. 

Trump Jr then has a meeting with those Russians and brings Manafort and a few other top people in the campaign. 

That same day Trump starts tweeting about emails.

Soon afterwards the only input the Trump campaign has on the GOP's political stances for the convention was to soften the GOP's stance on Russia and the Ukraine.

In he months following, multiple campaign officials had multiple meetings with Russians and later lied about those meetings.

Later Kushner tries to create a back channel communication network between Trump and Russia using Russia's spy agency in their embassy.

None of these things are now in question.

Edited by reo

2 minutes ago, thor said:

So is there some proof somewhere this "evidence" would have been used during the campaign?

Wishful thinking...

Doesn't matter if it's used or if they even received it. Just going to the meeting is illegal.

Edited by reo

Just now, reo said:

Doesn't matter if it's used or if they eve received it. Just going to the meeting is illegal.

Well hell, every politician everywhere is doing something illegal...

Just now, thor said:

Well hell, every politician everywhere is doing something illegal...

Apparently not. The Bush campaign was approached by a foreign power that said they had intel.. they told the FBI. Gore was approached and they told the FBI. Trump Jr gets approached and they go to the meeting.