Seahawk fan need some help planning for game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Seahawks guy! I don't usually do this, but you seem like a swell fellow....the best kept secret in Nashville lodging is called the "Key Motel" on Dickerson Pike. It's a rustic, urban setting t

I want to say you'll leave in pieces.

RIP in pieces?

Nashville just ain't cheap anymore.  I love how @Seahawkaholic12 said picking the away game was a no-brainer.  Nashville has come a long way since the Oilers came to town and became the Titans.  Uber is reasonable.  If you rent a car, there is little free parking even outside downtown.  There are rbnb' all over if you like that style.  Pick the area you want to spend the most time and stay there.  Downtown.  The Gulch.  12South.  The Eastside.  Vandy/West End.  We have trails all over the city for walking and biking.  The shuttle bus is cool, it drops you off at the stadium and carries you back after the game.  You can even ride a riverboat to the game.  It definitely ain't the QE2, but it hasn't sunk.  Welcome and here's hoping your only miserable time here is watching the game.

2 hours ago, LOhunter said:

"Thousands of 12s will be coming to your city..." Hope every one of them ends up watching from a bar ...last thing the team needs is a bunch of Seahawk fans aka WA Husky fans filling the stadium and  trying to yell their team to victory.   

Also hope that some brave Titans fan finds out where Russell Wilson and his team are staying and accidentally put them through a 3/4 am fire drill(s).

We'll be prepared because 12's travel... There's always that one road game which is the game of all games to travel to. Last year it was NOLA this year its Nashville for us. So be prepared to see a ton of dark blue and action green and people yelling SEAAAA !!! that whole weekend even if we take a L

3 minutes ago, Seahawkaholic12 said:

We'll be prepared because 12's travel... There's always that one road game which is the game of all games to travel to. Last year it was NOLA this year its Nashville for us. So be prepared to see a ton of dark blue and action green and people yelling SEAAAA !!! that whole weekend even if we take a L

Hopefully about 3 hours later you'll be hearing Seeyah!!, too.

Safe travels.

2 hours ago, Seahawkaholic12 said:

That's how the Packer game was when my friends and I drove down. Couldn't see anything but Green and Gold in the city but once you actually get to the stadium it is a different ball-game, much more reasonably ratio'd compared to 99% Green and Gold in the city.

Titans still smacked the Pack all day so don't think that overrunning a city necessarily means too much.

PS - that being said, we stayed in a bad area (at least what people constantly said) and nothing went remotely wrong so good luck if that is the route.

24 minutes ago, Seahawkaholic12 said:

Whaaaa ?? Who is Jamal ? 

I am, but please excuse Soxcat. He's not very self-aware and is almost exactly one mental step away from posting "HEY YOU GUUUUUYS!!" on repeat.

Most people ignore him. I punch him in his e-vagina which results in these weak, poorly timed and awkward comebacks.

Seriously, though, I hope your trip is terrible and Russell Wilson dies on the field. Have a great day!

2 hours ago, Seahawkaholic12 said:

Well atleast you are prepared to get that L

I went to a game in Seattle last year. You guys are some of the most annoying obnoxious fans I've ever been around. 

Don’t listen to all these guys!  The place I'd recommend for Seahawk fans coming to Tennessee for a Titans game is the Peabody Hotel.  It’s a AAA 4-diamond property!  They have a daily parade of ducks!  Best of all, it’s in the heart of downtown (Memphis) and boy oh boy, there’s a lot of entertainment close by!  Beale Street!  Sun Studio!  And if you’re not a vegetarian, be sure to check out Rendezvous for the best ribs in the south!  Enjoy your visit!  ;) 

I just don't get why the Titans game is "the game" that all Seahawks fans are traveling for. Are they expecting an easy win? It's not necessarily close to Seattle and is actually one of their farthest road games besides the Giants and Jags games. 

14 hours ago, Seahawkaholic12 said:

Greetings Titan fans first off I want to say I come in peace. I'm not here to cause any trouble. I need some help from Titan fans that actually live in Nashville or Suburbs or someone that knows the area really well. 

Im gonna make this short and quick. Every year for the last 5 seasons my wife and I choose a road game to travel to ans this year we chose the Titans. It was a no brainer just like NOLA last year. Thousands of 12's will be coming to your city and with that comes lodging. We haven't booked a hotel yet even though this has been planned since the schedule release. At that time we weren't aware of BAMA playing Vandy that weekend too, thus making hotel pricing insanely expensive. My question for those that can help, is Brentwood area very far from the stadium and downtown area ? I found this hotel called Four Points by a sheraton, looks pretty nice and the price is great but just not sure if it would be to far away from all the things Nashville have to offer as far as the entertainment scene downtown. We can afford to book downtown but would prefer to save a little money. 

So if anyone could give me some advice on that area, my wife and I would appreciate that so much.. Look forward to seeing you guys in Sept.

Hope you have a great time.  I am very much from Nashville - Mom and Dad still there - but haven't lived there in a long time.  Last place before Maui was Seattle.  But sold my Belltown condo last year so even detached from there now.  It's been a long time since I went to a Hawks game, over 10 years, but I really did enjoy them.  And I did like Zorn to Largent growing up, so I had some Seahawks tied going in. Hass was QB when I lived there, and got to watch the refs screw them in the SB against Pitt with a bunch of very disappointed local fans.  Even recall Drew Bledsoe coming into my restaurant's bar after the loss to the Hawks in the playoff game where Romo botched the hold.  Didn't want to fly back with team because he knew he wa done, and pretty pissed about it. Found that Holmgren/Hass team a bit easier to root for than what they've become, as they seemed more the underdog.  But being able to walk from your home, hit Elysian pregame for some Dragonstooth Stout, and be in a deafening stadium with the skyline right behind was a great game day experience.  What district of Seattle do you reside?

Nashville now in those new Gulch area sections feels way more like SF or Seattle than I could have ever imagined.  Just shocking to see how it's changed.  And the food scene might have made the biggest leap in America the last 20 (it had a long way to go).  Add in the local arts community and the like, plus of course music, and it really is a great place to visit.

I am guessing they might be booked, and definitely not a secret nor value, but I have always had a soft spot for the Hermitage Hotel.  I was friends with the GM back in the 90s during some initial renovations on what had become a dilapidated property, when Minnesota Fats lived in the hotel.  Now for years it's been a 5 star place with great restaurant.  Visit the Oak Bar if nothing else.  Old school classy joint with a reasonable happy hour.

www.thehermitagehotel.com/

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Well atleast you are prepared to get that L

I went to a game in Seattle last year. You guys are some of the most annoying obnoxious fans I've ever been around. 

I am pretty sure that their fans have likely become more obnoxious with success, but back then I found the crowd the best I have ever been around.  Extremely enthusiastic about their team, louder than anything I have ever heard, and still (on the whole) fairly knowledgeable about the game, respecting of other fans (sure, they would razz them, but not cuss at them, threaten them or outright start fights like some places).  I just remember them not booing and arguing every call against them like so many places do.  At least not the clearly correct ones.  

Best of luck this season.  Just be sure to lose to us.

14 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I just don't get why the Titans game is "the game" that all Seahawks fans are traveling for. Are they expecting an easy win? It's not necessarily close to Seattle and is actually one of their farthest road games besides the Giants and Jags games. 

My parents travel to many Vandy sports away games, and let's just say you often want to pick a spot for a vacation over a win.  Might be vs Northwestern so you can hit Chicago (well, maybe not these days so much), or Michigan when you know you will get stomped just to see the leaves turn.

Nashville was mostly a no-go for non-country music fans 20 years ago, but now it is very much on everyone's radar as a destination.

21 minutes ago, chef said:

My parents travel to many Vandy sports away games, and let's just say you often want to pick a spot for a vacation over a win.  Might be vs Northwestern so you can hit Chicago (well, maybe not these days so much), or Michigan when you know you will get stomped just to see the leaves turn.

Nashville was mostly a no-go for non-country music fans 20 years ago, but now it is very much on everyone's radar as a destination.

Yeah I didn't even think about that side of it. Nashville is one of the hip cities to visit like Austin and Charlotte