TennesseeTuxedo

Trump Renegotiating NAFTA with Mexico's President at G20 Summit

NAFTA is dead. All three countries are aware of this. Mexico and Canada are playing politics by blame casting.

Trump doesn't care what they say or how they point their finger of blame. Trump was elected because he was never going to apply a political prism in front of the US's economy and national security.

ctm   

Summary to date----

Trump has been working on a new NAFTA deal for over a year and couldn't get it done.  Now he has imposed  tariffs on steel and aluminum from Mexico and Canada citing a national security law to do so.  They plan to retaliate with their own tariffs.  Numerous high profile republicans have criticized his actions.

He also campaigned extensively on doing something about the unfair Chinese trade practices.  Now he's helped the Chinese with the ZTE deal citing concern over their job losses and this comes shortly after Ivanka received 10 new trademarks.

Spin it.

Rolltide   
On 2/24/2018 at 11:10 PM, TennesseeTuxedo said:

Look for the President to announce that the USA is pulling out of NAFTA in the 1-2 weeks.

You are aware that NAFTA involves Canada right? 

Rolltide   

I don't think NAFTA has been that bad a deal for us. Since Nafta our economy has grown 2X faster than Mexico and we have grown faster than Canada. 

The reasoning for NAFTA at the time has proven to be true. NAFTA has actually hurt Mexican agriculture.  We are exporting our corn to Mexico!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/news/economy/nafta-farming-mexico-us-corn-jobs/index.html

Soxcat   

The guys responding are anti-American.  They want the US and Trump to lose. 

If Trump can tweak a deal that leaves the US in a better situation I'm fine with it.  I'm not just going to assume we can't do better.

As for certain sectors of each countries economy there will be winners and losers. 

Rolltide   
Just now, Soxcat said:

If Trump can tweak a deal that leaves the US in a better situation I'm fine with it.  I'm not just going to assume we can't do better.

As for certain sectors of each countries economy there will be winners and losers. 

This is not like negotiating with North Korea. A good trade deal should benefit all parties. 

This ejaculation you pubs have over the idea of Trump punking Mexico into a deal that enriches us and fucks them in the ass doesn't compute. We benefit from Mexico's success because it makes them a better customer for our products. Secondarily a thriving Mexican economy means fewer of them feeling the need to come here illegally. 

One of the failures of NAFTA is that Mexico is almost more poor now then they were in 1994. 

Because of NAFTA trade between the 3 countries has increased 300%. That was the objective. 

Btowner   
14 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Based on this flawless logic, can we assume you were anti-American during the Obama years? When did you become this proud, patriot? 

Based on your disdain for Obama and the Clintons, you have been anti-American for 16 of the past 24 years.

😋

Rolltide   
41 minutes ago, Btowner said:

Based on this flawless logic, can we assume you were anti-American during the Obama years? When did you become this proud, patriot? 

Based on your disdain for Obama and the Clintons, you have been anti-American for 16 of the past 24 years.

😋

I think he is saying you are anti-american if you want your president to fail.