Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Paul George to Thunder

On 7/16/2017 at 8:03 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Trading for Melo period doesn't make sense. The only way I see it working is if he agrees to come off the bench with Gordon.

That all depends on what they give up for him. If it's just Anderson, Onuaku, and some non-guaranteed guys then it does.

That's the only way the trade will work out. I don't see the Rockets giving up either Gordon or Ariza to get Carmelo.

As far as coming off the bench goes, I always felt that Anderson would be more effective in that type of role as well.

Neither he nor Melo offers much defensively, but Carmelo will find lots of other ways to score than just shooting threes.

CP3 is a much better 3-point shooter than Harden or Melo, so he should be the one who plays outside like Ariza does.

The Rockets did sign two good defenders (Tucker and Mbah a Moute) who should both help to improve things on that end.

Melo can opt out in 2018 (ETO), but he seems to have his heart set on coming here just like CP3 did.

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

That all depends on what they give up for him. If it's just Anderson, Onuaku, and some non-guaranteed guys then it does.

I disagree. Melo really brings y'all nothing but scoring and I don't believe y'all need to add any more scoring.

This is a perfect case of a GM simply thinking star power (more like name power) makes you better. Melo does not make y'all better overall. Does he make yall harder to defend, absolutely, but I think y'all are already good enough on offense. 

Why trade Anderson? He is the perfect fit. Harden and CP3 are both drivers. They kick it out to an Anderson who doesn't care if he gets the ball. He's provabaly a better rebounder than Melo. Why do this? It doesn't make basketball sense imo. This would be for nothing other the the fans and telling them, "hey, I tried". But it's not making them better.

The Rockets did sign two good defenders (Tucker and Mbah a Moute) who should both help to improve things on that end.

Melo can opt out in 2018 (ETO), but he seems to have his heart set on coming here just like CP3 did.

Thise signings were good but I don't think it makes it a smart or easier decision to go get Melo.

I honestly think it would hurt more than it helps.

And again, there is no telling they stay there. They want to be there now. Doesn't mean they feel that way after year 1. 

On 7/19/2017 at 9:35 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

Melo does not make y'all better overall. Does he make yall harder to defend, absolutely, but I think y'all are already good enough on offense. Why trade Anderson? He is the perfect fit. Harden and CP3 are both drivers. They kick it out to an Anderson who doesn't care if he gets the ball. He's probably a better rebounder than Melo. Why do this? It doesn't make basketball sense imo.

Good enough on offense, sure. But with Melo the Rockets offense might be one of the best in NBA history.

With Harden, Melo, CP3, Gordon, Ariza, Capela, Nene, Tucker, and Mbah a Moute they should average close to 120 PPG.

Anderson is definitely a better 3-point shooter than Melo, but he's not better on defense or a better rebounder either.

Melo will give them another facilitator on offense, opposing defenses will struggle mightily against him, Harden, and CP3.

Every player the Rockets have added or re-signed so far (Paul, Nene, Tucker, Mbah a Moute, Black, and Zhou Qi) will all help improve their poor defense. So replacing Anderson with Melo doesn't really make their defense any worse, but it should make their offense the best in the NBA, even better than the Warriors.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

Kyle021   
On 7/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Good enough on offense, sure. But with Melo the Rockets offense might be one of the best in NBA history.

With Harden, Melo, CP3, Gordon, Ariza, Capela, Nene, Tucker, and Mbah a Moute they should average close to 120 PPG.

Anderson is definitely a better 3-point shooter than Melo, but he's not better on defense or a better rebounder either.

Melo will give them another facilitator on offense, opposing defenses will struggle mightily against him, Harden, and CP3.

Every player the Rockets have added or re-signed so far (Paul, Nene, Tucker, Mbah a Moute, Black, and Zhou Qi) will all help improve their poor defense. So replacing Anderson with Melo doesn't really make their defense any worse, but it should make their offense the best in the NBA, even better than the Warriors.

Put down the pipe. 

Harden, CP3, Melo are nowhere near Curry, Thompson, Durant, or Green offensively. 

And not even in the same zip code defensively. 

14 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Harden, CP3, Melo are nowhere near Curry, Thompson, Durant, or Green offensively.

You're comparing Draymond's offense to Harden, Paul, and Melo. And I'm the one who needs to put down the pipe?

10 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

You're comparing Draymond's offense to Harden, Paul, and Melo. And I'm the one who needs to put down the pipe?

This is the classic putting words into people's mouths that y'all like to do.

He is comparing their top 4 to your would be top 3 and you spin it into comparing one of theirs to your would be 3?

This is what y'all do all the fucking time. Take what we say then spin it for the purpose of making your argument stronger.

Think of it this way. Melo, Harden, and Paul are nowhere near Durant, Curry, and Klay. Draymond is just icing on the cake....

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Kyle021   
On 7/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

You're comparing CP3, Harden and Melo to Durant, Curry and Thompson. 

Put down the pipe. 

Kyle021   
On 7/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, JakePA_Titan said:

This is the classic putting words into people's mouths that y'all like to do.

He is comparing their top 4 to your would be top 3 and you spin it into comparing one of theirs to your would be 3?

This is what y'all do all the fucking time. Take what we say then spin it for the purpose of making your argument stronger.

Think of it this way. Melo, Harden, and Paul are nowhere near Durant, Curry, and Klay. Draymond is just icing on the cake....

My point exactly. 

On 7/25/2017 at 2:16 PM, Kyle021 said:

You're comparing CP3, Harden and Melo to Durant, Curry and Thompson. Put down the pipe.

Why? Defensively Durant and Thompson are much better than Melo and Harden. Otherwise, what's the problem here?

CP3 is quite superior on the defensive end to Curry, and it's not really that close. That helps to balance things out a bit.

Offensively speaking, the potential big 3 for Houston could very well be better than KD, Curry, and Thompson.

Klay is extremely inconsistent on offense, he's not nearly as dependable as any of the other 5 players mentioned.

If you look at how Carmelo has performed with the national team, he has been America's best player for many years now.

We could very well see a rejuvenated Melo if he comes to Houston and plays in D'Antoni's high octane offense.

Kyle021   
46 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Why? Defensively Durant and Thompson are much better than Melo and Harden. Otherwise, what's the problem here?

CP3 is quite superior on the defensive end to Curry, and it's not really that close. That helps to balance things out a bit.

Offensively speaking, the potential big 3 for Houston could very well be better than KD, Curry, and Thompson.

Klay is extremely inconsistent on offense, he's not nearly as dependable as any of the other 5 players mentioned.

If you look at how Carmelo has performed with the national team, he has been America's best player for many years now.

We could very well see a rejuvenated Melo if he comes to Houston and plays in D'Antoni's high octane offense.

Even with Klays inconsistencies there is no way "offensively" they are better than KD, Curry and Thompson

You could subtract Thompson and insert Green and they still aren't better

Harden, CP3, and Melo wouldn't stand a chance in a 3v3 game against Curry, Durant and either Thompson/Green.

Not happening. 

Would they be a close second? Absolutely, but no way do they take the throne from GS as the best offense. Not this year, or next year, or ever.

These guys are proven. We have yet to see how CP3 and Harden will even work together...

CP3 I think is perfect for harden... He will dish beautiful passes to Harden all day long and knock down 20+ himself with 10+ assists a game...

However... Curry, and Durant will be averaging 30+ a game and the assist total between those two would be more than CP3 and Harden.

Americas best player for MANY years. LMAO.

He played on team USA 3 times. In 2004 he absolutely sucked. Was basically a non factor.

In 2008 and 2012 he did well but so did LeBron and Kobe. Really, LeBron has the best overall numbers from the past 3 USA teams.

The best players in America take their actual teams to the finals. Not play well when surrounded by other All stars playing teams from countries that don't come close to the individual talent USA has.

Melo hasn't made it past the 2nd round just like CP3. If Houston gets Melo, they will be the best team of underachievers there has ever been.

Me and Kyle get called homers a lot. You're the biggest homer there is. Even talking up player who isn't even in your team yet. Saying he's better than LeBron and Kobe. 

Kyle's right, put down that crack pipe.

That team will be the only "supersquad" team in the past 20 years to not reach a finals.

Biggest team of underachievers and you think and aging CP3 and Melo has a chance to beat arguably the best team EVER let alone in this era.

When is @wiscotitansfan and @Little Earl gonna start seeing who the real homer is?

Are they even able to see the ridiculous shit you babble about or are they just drawn to and blinded by their hate for LA? Which makes them only attack Lakers fans?

Or maybe since Houston doesn't have the rich history LA does, they just don't even pay no mind to crazy ass Rockets talk.

Houston has to take a chance on Melo, because they absolutely must have another superstar to compete against the Warriors.   I doubt Melo is capable of being that player, but who else could the Rockets get?   I also question CP3 and Harden synergy on the court.   They both do much of the same things.   Just look at Cousins and Davis, who so far haven't made New Orleans better.   There is potential with that big three to give their fans hope, but lots of risk that it won't work out.

On 7/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, Little Earl said:

Houston has to take a chance on Melo, because they absolutely must have another superstar to compete against the Warriors.   I doubt Melo is capable of being that player, but who else could the Rockets get?   I also question CP3 and Harden synergy on the court.

Sometimes the best thing is to do nothing. And I think it's better for the Rockets not to touch Melo.

Of course, it also depends on what they give up.

Harden is still young. I understand wanting to be in win now mode, but trading what could be valuable assets for Melo seems like it's more desperation mode than anything.

Hypothetically, let's say Paul doesn't stick around. And let's say they trade for Melo and he leaves next year as well.

They just crippled their future when their star player (Harden) isn't even 28 yet. What will he have if those guys leave? Who would then be his help in a conference that is getting better every year?

Look at all the teams arou d the West. Most are getting better while getting younger.

Houston is the only team getting older as they look to get better.

In 3 years HOU will be struggling to make the playoffs providing CP3 doesn't stick around and they can't attract another big time player.

I think down the line everyone will see Morey fucked up their future to try and compete with a team they still wouldn't have beat even while adding CP3 and Melo.