Mike Tyson vs James "Buster" Douglas

Flarb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was 15 years old when this fight took place. My friend and I watched it on HBO (fuck PPV). We were both huge fans of Tyson and we were bouncing off the walls when he lost. We weren't disappointed. J

Kevin Rooney: Tyson was unbeatable when he was running the show, not so much after he left.

This thread   

Ruiz is actually a pretty good young fighter and a lot more athletic than he looks.

I would rather have a tough champion with heart that looks like a tub, than an Adonis like Joshua who is a quitter with no heart. 

18 minutes ago, Omar said:

Ruiz is actually a pretty good young fighter and a lot more athletic than he looks.

I would rather have a tough champion with heart that looks like a tub, than an Adonis like Joshua who is a quitter with no heart. 

He definitely has boxing and punching skill. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Ruiz may be a solid fighter but the fact he's the heavyweight champ is a joke

Only because the sport is all but dead does he rise up

Wilder is laughing about this but that's going to happen to him too. His handlers have made sure he's fought nobodies for 40 fuckin' fights save for 1 time, and anyone with a brain knows he lost 10 of 12 rounds to Fury. Dude has no boxing skills to speak of, just power in his wild ass, looping right hands. 

None of these guys are all that good. 

2 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Wilder is laughing about this but that's going to happen to him too. His handlers have made sure he's fought nobodies for 40 fuckin' fights save for 1 time, and anyone with a brain knows he lost 10 of 12 rounds to Fury. Dude has no boxing skills to speak of, just power in his wild ass, looping right hands. 

None of these guys are all that good. 

I agree to a certain extent.  Biggest problem with the Heavyweight division is that there are other avenues/sports for these athletes to make money.  Boxing just isn't as lucrative as it used to be.  I hate this fact, but it's true.

Looking forward to a Wilder/Fury rematch, if Wilder can get past Ortiz a second time.  First time wasn't easy.

I appreciate that Wilder has at least shown some heart in the ring.  Can't say that about Joshua as Ruiz had no problem taking it from him.  Ruiz showed plenty of heart getting off the mat and then taking it to Joshua.

Edited by Oilertattoo

3 minutes ago, Oilertattoo said:

I agree to a certain extent.  Biggest problem with the Heavyweight division is that there are other avenues/sports for these athletes to make money.  Boxing just isn't as lucrative as it used to be.  I hate this fact, but it's true.

Looking forward to a Wilder/Fury rematch, if Wilder can get past Ortiz a second time.  First time wasn't easy.

I appreciate that Wilder has at least shown some heart in the ring.  Can't say that about Joshua as Ruiz had no problem taking it from him.  Ruiz showed plenty of heart getting off the mat and then taking it to Joshua.

Yeah the best heavies are probably playing Linebacker or OLB in the NFL. 

As far as Joshua, remember people thought the same thing about Lennox Lewis when he was knocked out by a fringe contender. It may be that Joshua just got cocked, and never really recovered from the first knockdown and he will improve. Of course, Lennox did "improve" by getting Emmanual Stewart who turned him into a cautious, boring, yet almost invincible fighter. 

It's probably the case that Joshua just isn't that good though. 

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Ruiz may be a solid fighter but the fact he's the heavyweight champ is a joke

Only because the sport is all but dead does he rise up

At least he's not 45+ years old.

Boxing is on a bit of an upswing. PPV is killing the sport, along with HBO getting out of the boxing business. 

As far as Ruiz being a disgrace, heard the same crap when Leon Spinks, won the title, or Tony Tubbs, Buster Douglas, Hasim Rahman, Oliver McCall, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick etc . 

Edited by Omar

4 minutes ago, Omar said:

As far as Ruiz being a disgrace, heard the same crap when Leon Spinks, won the title, or Tony Tubbs, Buster Douglas, Hasim Rahman, Oliver McCall, Greg Page, Pinklon Thomas, Trevor Berbick etc . 

Those guys were disgraces