"Drain the Swamp" means "Hire 100 lobbyists"

freakingeek

59 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Bullshit.  Don't feel bad, most people fall  for that.  ever hear of baseline budgeting? Research it. You'll learn something.  He is not cutting what is already being spent. He is cutting what obummacare would have spent "above and beyond" what's already budgeted.  O Care had Massive growth scheduled for the spending on Medicare and such.  He is only stopping the massive growth.  This is always used as a campaign trick saying some republican is cutting.  Simply not true. 

Edited by GFTitans

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good gawd.  Another one.

Oh, the libtard card.  That means you win, huh? Ok, let me explain this. 1.  We aren't talking about Obama.   His term is over, for better or worse.   We're talking about Trump.  Try to focu

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, GFTitans said:

Bullshit.  Don't feel bad, most people fall  for that.  ever hear of baseline budgeting? Research it. You'll learn something.  He is not cutting what is already being spent. He is cutting what obummacare would have spent "above and beyond" what's already budgeted.  O Care had Massive growth scheduled for the spending on Medicare and such.  He is only stopping the massive growth.  This is always used as a campaign trick saying some republican is cutting.  Simply not true. 

Ok, I get it, cutting isn't cutting if what you're cutting would have never existed if something you don't like hadn't happened.

In the context of open ended entitlement programs, reductions in growth are cutting. That's why everyone, including Republicans, refer to reductions in future Medicaid spending as "cuts".

The level of bullshit you're willing to delude yourself with is astounding. 

1 minute ago, ben4titans said:

That is a definite possibility.

So you really haven't thought this out at all?

What happens when you get rid of the program that 20% of Americans (mostly disabled, elderly, and children) rely on for health coverage?

You either tell them to fuck off and die or provide coverage on someone else's dime.

That's it, those are your choices. 

Pick one

1 minute ago, ben4titans said:

I've thought it through. I said you go Universal Care or complete free market but this Frankenstein monster where it is a little bit of everything won't work. I don't believe Universal is Constitutional, so free market it is.

Ok then, your official position is to get rid of medicaid, and all the children and old people who are on it can go die because that's what the market dictates, right?

1 hour ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Ok, I get it, cutting isn't cutting if what you're cutting would have never existed if something you don't like hadn't happened.

In the context of open ended entitlement programs, reductions in growth are cutting. That's why everyone, including Republicans, refer to reductions in future Medicaid spending as "cuts".

The level of bullshit you're willing to delude yourself with is astounding. 

Cutting isn't cutting if you are reducing the proposed increase. 

I know it's difficult, but if you concentrate I'm sure you'll get it.   

Your statement is exactly why that lie has fooled so many seniors into voting democrat.  It's sad. 

Oh and, there are plenty of rino's up there who love big spending too.

Edited by GFTitans

45 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Ok then, your official position is to get rid of medicaid, and all the children and old people who are on it can go die because that's what the market dictates, right?

No one is saying that. however!!! And this  is a big however.  There are tons of able bodied leaches on these programs.  It's just another entitlement now bleeding the country dry. Must be reformed. 

47 minutes ago, GFTitans said:

No one is saying that. however!!! And this  is a big however.  There are tons of able bodied leaches on these programs.  It's just another entitlement now bleeding the country dry. Must be reformed. 

Yes, no one is saying that because it's the uncomfortable reality that comes with cutting safety net programs like medicaid. If you're going to promote the free market, fucking own it and say that "if you can't pay for healthcare you don't get it".

58 minutes ago, GFTitans said:

Cutting isn't cutting if you are reducing the proposed increase. 

I know it's difficult, but if you concentrate I'm sure you'll get it.   

Your statement is exactly why that lie has fooled so many seniors into voting democrat.  It's sad. 

Oh and, there are plenty of rino's up there who love big spending too.

Yes, the Medicaid budget wouldn't be lower, in absolute terms, from that it is now. Happy?

Can we move on from semantics into the real world where everyone who talks about "cutting" medicaid is referring to lowering the rate at which it grows (same thing with all other open entitlements like SS and Medicare). Inflation and a growing population mean that the budget has to grow every year to provide the same amount of coverage in programs like these.

Edited by Titans_Win_Again

8 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

Yes, the Medicaid budget wouldn't be lower, in absolute terms, from that it is now. Happy?

Can we move on from semantics into the real world where everyone who talks about "cutting" medicaid is referring to lowering the rate at which it grows (same thing with all other open entitlements like SS and Medicare). Inflation and a growing population mean that the budget has to grow every year to provide the same amount of coverage in programs like these.

The larger problem is  that its  growing unsustainably because of all the freeloading.   The freeloading must be cut.  If you can afford medical care, then you should not be on Medicare.  Period. If you are able bodied and of working age, you should not be on Medicare. Obumma care,  in addition to killing off insurance providers in the free market, dumped most of those displaced persons, who used to have insurance, into Medicare.   Unfortunately people like you and I will never have access to the true numbers because it will always be politicized. 

This is going nowhere. 

Edited by GFTitans

3 minutes ago, GFTitans said:

Unfortunately people like you and I will never have access to the true numbers because it will always be politicized. 

And there we have it, the excuse to just believe whatever you want without having to bother doing research or citing facts in your argument. 

This is going nowhere.

15 hours ago, GFTitans said:

The larger problem is  that its  growing unsustainably because of all the freeloading.   The freeloading must be cut.  If you can afford medical care, then you should not be on Medicare.  Period. If you are able bodied and of working age, you should not be on Medicare. Obumma care,  in addition to killing off insurance providers in the free market, dumped most of those displaced persons, who used to have insurance, into Medicare.   Unfortunately people like you and I will never have access to the true numbers because it will always be politicized. 

This is going nowhere. 

How do you decide who actually needs Medicaid and who doesn't?  They are also raising health care costs for seniors which is why AARP is fighting it. Somebody HAS to lose. Sounds like kicking granny to the curb to me.

Sean Hannity, bless his heart, has the zeal of the late Trump convert. He would endorse communism if Trump decided to implement the policies of "The Communist Manifesto." (Which the GOP's health care bill actually does!)

LOL

It was more of a hit job on Hannity than criticism of Trump, unless you count pointing out awkward crowd responses as criticism.

Hannity comes off as a real hack from that.