Icing On Cake - Tennessee, SIGN KAEPERNICK

TitanRein27

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this thread isn't going to die, can we at least move it into another forum?  At this point, 95% of it is political/off-topic now.

47 pages on a guy that the team will never sign.  That's TR for ya. 

You can't build an offense based on what Marcus does well, with his full-field reads, accuracy and quick release, and then plug Kaepernick into it. That has NO chance of succeeding.  That is not

Posted Images

No one is saying its ONLY his play on the field, but his play isnt good enough to take on the shit storm from media and some fans. I thought he was standing up against police brutality, not for black people. Ive already shown enough examples of qbs from good teams that werent really all that good. Most of them were white. Michael Vick got a second chance and his actions off the field were 100 times worse than anything Kaep has done, but he got his second chance because he was still good. Last time i checked Vick was black. 

1 hour ago, Curtis Aloysius said:

I've seen so many reasons why people seem to think he is unsigned. You all are fooling yourselves if you feel it is any part of his game that is keeping him off a field during OTA's. Honestly you're not fooling yourselves, you just seem too afraid, or too unwilling, to admit that these rich white owners don't want him on their teams messing up the money standing for what he believes in. The NFL doesn't want part of any political, moral, or racial controversy. They won't remove marijuana rules because they are afraid to lose old white people money, by supporting a non legal "drug". They won't sign Kaep because the majority of people who put money (buying licensed apparel, season tickets, etc) in there pockets is white middle class America. You can say I'm trying to make this about race, but f you believe this is about anything but race then you're an idiot. So please, stop this, he can't play(Alex Tanney and Matt Cassell and Austin Davis) are not better than a guy a few plays from winning a Super Bowl) , he is a vegan(so is Tom Brady), he wants too much money bs. Stop lying too yourselves just so you don't have to address the real issues. Stop acting like acted as little children. 

All this can be 100% true( I agree with most of it) but the fact remains he sucks and that's why he's not on an NFL roster.

Tebow is a white christian old man white's wet dream. He won games(LOL!) and even won a playoff game.

He's out of the league for the same reasons as Kaep. He can't play!

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

All this can be 100% true( I agree with most of it) but the fact remains he sucks and that's why he's not on an NFL roster.

Tebow is a white christian old man white's wet dream. He won games(LOL!) and even won a playoff game.

He's out of the league for the same reasons as Kaep. He can't play!

I'm not sure how anyone can say someone who put up 16 TDs only 4 INTs, completed 59% of his passes, with an all scrub team around him, in an offense supposedly not fit for him, and all the while people say he can't perform in an offense not suited to him, against NFL defenses, ALL while under scrutiny from the nation for standing in what he believes in, can be considered no able to play. So someone who was 1 play from being a super bowl MVP, apparently got that far and he can't play? He can't play well enough to get on an offseason roster?

If this doesn't prove that a black person has to work 3 times as hard as a white person in this country, I don't know what does. It's on all levels. Kaep apparently is good enough to be a starter according to NFL Coaches, but not good enough to make a training camp roster?

Edited by Curtis Aloysius

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Someone mentioned Gabbert earlier. 

I'd take him over Cassel. Cassel is just that bad now. 

Kaep might suck but he is better than Cassel.

Still they won't sign him because of the shitstorm he'd cause. 

He is not the cause of the shitstorm, the cause of it is people's inability to talk about and handle the real issues because it makes them uncomfortable. It's easier to get loud and angry than to stop talking and listen.

Edited by Curtis Aloysius

29 minutes ago, Curtis Aloysius said:

I'm not sure how anyone can say someone who put up 16 TDs only 4 INTs, completed 59% of his passes, with an all scrub team around him, in an offense supposedly not fit for him, and all the while people say he can't perform in an offense not suited to him, against NFL defenses, ALL while under scrutiny from the nation for standing in what he believes in, can be considered no able to play. So someone who was 1 play from being a super bowl MVP, apparently got that far and he can't play? He can't play well enough to get on an offseason roster?

Dont forget he fumbled 9 times in 12 games on top of the 4 picks. 59% isn't exactly lighting it up either. 

Edited by Dinx81

35 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Dont forget he fumbled 9 times in 12 games on top of the 4 picks. 59% isn't exactly lighting it up either. 

Ahh so it was the fumbles now? Thank you for proving my point. You will find any reason besides the truth as to why he isn't on an NFL roster right now. Which proves my point people are afraid to address the truth. 

Like someone else brought up, Michael Vick (who is black and raised by black parents) was hated by a significant portion of the country for killing animals in heinous ways, was signed quickly after serving his punishment because of the view that he could still play.  Kaep can't play, thus he is out of a job.

Edited by japan

3 hours ago, Curtis Aloysius said:

Oh shit, I forgot to have my morning herbal remedy...that usually helps me block out a lot of your unconscious racism...my fault.

defeatist mentality

6 minutes ago, Curtis Aloysius said:

Ahh so it was the fumbles now? Thank you for proving my point. You will find any reason besides the truth as to why he isn't on an NFL roster right now. Which proves my point people are afraid to address the truth. 

like... turnovers?

keep smoking

7 minutes ago, titanruss said:

like... turnovers?

keep smoking

Matt Barkley threw 14 INTs last year in a similiar set up only he played less games and threw more interceptions. But go ahead and tell me more about how turnovers is the reason he can't get a deal. Barkley put up worst numbers than Kaep did last year and he became the back up of the team that Kaep put up better numbers for. 

12 minutes ago, japan said:

Like someone else brought up, Michael Vick (who is black and raised by black parents) was hated by a significant portion of the country for killing animals in heinous ways, was signed quickly after serving his punishment because of the view that he could still play.  Kaep can't play, thus he is out of a job.

It's not because he is black that this is happening, that isn't the problem. The problem is he stood up against oppression and police brutality. The problem is not his skin color but what he stood for. The fact that Vick got signed quickly after that and Kaep hasn't after committing ZERO crimes, should show you the mindset of those in power of the league. They felt Vick was doing typical "black guy" stuff, and they can pass the blame on his upbringing and sweep it under the rug. You cant do that to Kaep because he committed no crime and he had what most would call a good upbringing. This is all because they are trying to protect their investment, nothing more, nothing less.