Four top law firms turned down requests to represent Trump(won't listen or pay)

OILERMAN

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

Top lawyers with at least four major law firms rebuffed White House overtures to represent President Trump in the Russia investigations, in part over concerns that the president would be unwilling to listen to their advice, according to five sources familiar with discussions about the matter.

“The concerns were, ‘The guy won’t pay and he won’t listen,’” said one lawyer close to the White House who is familiar with some of the discussions between the firms and the administration, as well as deliberations within the firms themselves.

Other factors, the lawyer said, were that it would “kill recruitment” for the firms to be publicly associated with representing the polarizing president and jeopardize the firms’ relationships with other clients.

2 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

It depends on why they wouldn't want to represent him. Reasons seemed pretty benign to me. Was there a bombshell revelation I missed?

Pretty telling of who the elected President is actually.

33 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

He has high priced attorneys currently, are they not being paid?  Are they pro-bono?

I don't know. And attorneys for the Trump Org. are not his attorneys. There is a distinction as Trump and Trump Org. are 2 separate entities. The only attorney we've really heard from is his long time tax attorney. Who knows what his fee arrangement is. 

I just know my firm won't take on a client if doesn't think it will collect fees. But just because you don't think a non-paying client isn't a big deal doesn't mean it isn't a big deal. Legal communities are small, and word travels fast. Lawyers don't like working for free. 

2 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

LOL. Come on. The man's net worth is 3.5B. I have a hard time believing a high priced lawyer can't find a way to extract what he is owed one way or the other. 

How many times has Trump filed for bankruptcy?

8 hours ago, ben4titans said:

LOL. Come on. The man's net worth is 3.5B. I have a hard time believing a high priced lawyer can't find a way to extract what he is owed one way or the other. 

Says the guy who's not an attorney. Rich people are often some of the worst clients because they like to hang on to their money. 

Trump has a history of stiffing people. 

11 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

"The guy won't pay." That's not benign. The worst part about being an attorney is chasing atty fees. 

Well primarily because the fees are often inflated but I get your point though.