Hasselbeck to be a Titan?

titansfan

(Sorry if previously posted)

Between the fact, that Hasselbeck has been training with Jake Locker already, has a relationship with former Seattle F.O. member and now Titans GM Reinfeldt, and now this news...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/16/titans-coordinator-knows-hasselbeck-well/

Its becoming very likely that Matt will wind up being a Titan. Im cool with it, as it means we will still try to compete, but it seems like Matty will be okay taking on the mentor role with Jake "The Hurt" Locker, which is something he's already assumed, so it will be a good signing. I still want to see Locker get some snaps though. Either way, this probably is the best direction for Locker's development as it takes pressure off of him, and gives him time to improve...

But it appears that Matt Hasselbeck, will be handing the ball of the Chris Johnson in 2011.

NFL-Seattle-Seahawks-want-Matt-Hasselbeck-for-2011-52615.jpg

Get used to this face. He's the next QB of the Titans.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans will give Hasselbeck at least a 3 year deal probably worth around $13-15 million or so with incentives. He may even get a 4 year deal. Again, my point stands with the Seahawks; Hasselbeck i

"John Glennon of the Tennessean points out another connection that goes beyond connecting the dots. Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer said he’s known Hasselbeck since 1986, and is close with the whole Hasselbeck family"

I'm sorry, but some of these connections seem cheesy.

Just like the whole "The Titans need a DT, so their draft pick must be Nick Fairley!

They hired his former line coach!" Not.

I'll believe it, when I see it. Money talks, BS walks.

MH is gonna want to get paid and paid well.

We shouldn't overpay to bring him here, imo.

During the live chat today, Palmer said he knew Hasselback, his brother and his parents because they lived in the same small town. He said it was too early to speculate about signing Hasselback but they would sign a vet QB once the CBA is ironed out and FA begins.

All that makes sense except for one thing. Why on Earth would Hassleback want to sign with the Titans? He can start for better teams that don't have a high draft pick right behind him.

I think it depends on when they intend to start Locker. If they have in mind to start him right away,then they will likely keep KC because he's cheap. But if they think Locker needs to watch and learn, then they will hire Hasselback.

Considering how poorly KC played last season, I'm hoping they will hire Hasselbeck, even if they do start Locker right away.

Considering how poorly KC played last season, I'm hoping they will hire Hasselbeck, even if they do start Locker right away.

Collins played better than Hassleback last year. In fact after Collins finger healed he played QB the best he ever has as a Titan

A coveted veteran QB in this starved market would probably not be knocking on Tennessee's door as a first choice. And if you are going to haev to worry about a 1st rounder on your heels, wouldn't you rather go to Minneapolis?

All that makes sense except for one thing. Why on Earth would Hassleback want to sign with the Titans? He can start for better teams that don't have a high draft pick right behind him.

I don't buy for a second that there are a lot of better teams out there that he could play for especially w/ Palmer, Orton, Kolb and McNabb (granted I think McNabb sucks but a lot don't) possibly on the market. The only teams that will probably be in the market for a QB are the Cardinals, Redskins and Vikings. Redskins are horrible. Cardinals or Viks might be possible but iirc Cards were rumored to either want Kolb or... was it Bulger? There was a vet that they were suppose to already have a wink/nod deal w/ and it's not Matthew. Vikings are possible but they just drafted Ponder in the first so it'd be a similar situation as here and there has been rumors of McNabb to the Viks.

Collins played better than Hassleback last year. In fact after Collins finger healed he played QB the best he ever has as a Titan

Come on man. You know KC had a lot more to work w/. He had Britt, CJ and a much better OL granted an OL w/ a weakness but much better tha SEA. Hasselbeck is a much much better QB than KC especially since KC lost his arm strength. Half the throws vs Philly to Britt were horrible throws that Britt made a play on. KC just couldn't get it to him.

More in depth analysis from Titansfan. Palmer said today that Locker would be in an open competition to start. Can someone explain why Hasslebeck would come here only to possibly sit behind Locker from the start when it's his last chance to start in the NFL? I'll be very surprised if Hasslebeck comes here with the Titans Coaching staff trying to do everything but hand Locker the job.

More in depth analysis from Titansfan. Palmer said today that Locker would be in an open competition to start. Can someone explain why Hasslebeck would come here only to possibly sit behind Locker from the start when it's his last chance to start in the NFL? I'll be very surprised if Hasslebeck comes here with the Titans Coaching staff trying to do everything but hand Locker the job.

lack of other options as I sent through?

And i don't think for a second that they're going to hand the job to Locker.

All signs point to the Bengals playing hard ball with Palmer and it's total speculation that Orton and or Kolb will be traded but it looks like Philly likes their 3rd strng guy so will see. The bottom line is with the lockout we have no idea which QB's are going to actually be available. Regardless, I still think Hasslebeck wants to start and he won't do that for long in Nashville. Like I said earlier, Palmer flat out said Locker will be in an open competition for the spot. why would a vet come here knowing that?