Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Episode 136 - NFL Draft Round 1 Titans Recap

That fork isn't very good for cutting things.

Huh?

Your fork. It doesn't cut so well. Can't you tell? You've been trying to cut that steak with it for awhile.

It's not a bad fork. Why so critical?

You're using it as a knife. That fork is not a good knife. You should get a knife. It'll cut better.

Well, sure it doesn't cut like a knife. But it's a good fork. Stop disparaging my fork.

It may be a good fork. Ok? It's a good fork... but you're using it as a knife. It's not a good knife.

Stop comparing it to knives. It's a fork. Of course it doesn't cut well.

So you agree that using that fork like a knife is a problem and you should get a knife instead, right?

Yeah I need a knife, but stop being so critical of the fork. It's a good fork.

I'm not being critical of the fork. I'm saying you shouldn't keep using it as a knife. Because it's bad at that. You need a knife.

Leave my god damn fork alone!

7 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

That fork isn't very good for cutting things.

Huh?

Your fork. It doesn't cut so well. Can't you tell? You've been trying to cut that steak with it for awhile.

It's not a bad fork. Why so critical?

You're using it as a knife. That fork is not a good knife. You should get a knife. It'll cut better.

Well, sure it doesn't cut like a knife. But it's a good fork. Stop disparaging my fork.

It may be a good fork. Ok? It's a good fork... but you're using it as a knife. It's not a good knife.

Stop comparing it to knives. It's a fork. Of course it doesn't cut well.

So you agree that using that fork like a knife is a problem and you should get a knife instead, right?

Yeah I need a knife, but stop being so critical of the fork. It's a good fork.

I'm not being critical of the fork. I'm saying you shouldn't keep using it as a knife. Because it's bad at that. You need a knife.

Leave my god damn fork alone!

Both your NASCAR and fork analogies are poor, the NFL is a team sport with 53-man rosters that include players that are on different planes of quality and should be judged against relative standards. 

What you seem to be forgetting is that you need both a knife and a fork to eat. They have different functions, one might be 'better' than the other, but both are necessary. Same is true for an NFL roster.

Or you can look at it another way, using your analogy, if your steak knife breaks you might get a worn table knife but it will do the job, you need those worn table knives too. It's unfair to measure the worn table knife against other steak knives.

Edited by THE_TITAN

Just now, THE_TITAN said:

Both your NASCAR and fork analogies are poor, the NFL is a team sport with 53-man rosters that includes players that are on different planes of quality. 

First of all, the fork story perfectly mirrors this conversation. Not football. The conversation.

But, just to be clear, you don't think the NFL and utensils for cutting steak are generally the same thing? News to me. I figured it was the most direct comparison I could possibly make.

10 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

First of all, the fork story perfectly mirrors this conversation. Not football. The conversation.

But, just to be clear, you don't think the NFL and utensils for cutting steak are generally the same thing? News to me. I figured it was the most direct comparison I could possibly make.

Read the rest of my edited post.

Edited by THE_TITAN

1 minute ago, THE_TITAN said:

Read the rest of my edited post.

I did. It's irrelevant. Do you actually care to know why and will you consider the explanation?

Just now, Jamalisms said:

I did. It's irrelevant. Do you actually care to know why and will you consider the explanation?

Fine if you want to be like that. I understand the point you are making but I think you understand my point of view now - even if you continue to disagree.

I don't feel that there was really a need to be snide or use ad hominems, as you have done, though.

3 minutes ago, THE_TITAN said:

I don't feel that there was really a need to be snide or use ad hominems, as you have done, though.

Wait... are your feelings hurt? On TR? You?

No way.

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Wait... are your feelings hurt? On TR? You?

No way.

Not at all, just saying it undermined the flow of the debate, and probably your wider argument.

If we wanna engage in shit-talk then let's do it from the start.

Edited by THE_TITAN

Just now, THE_TITAN said:

Not at all, just saying it undermined ... your wider argument.

Honestly, my wider argument is pretty narrow.

1. I critiqued Sharpe from the specific perspective of how he performed in the capacity we used him.

2. You keep defending him from another perspective and attributing that defense to my critique.

3. They're unrelated things.

1 minute ago, THE_TITAN said:

It was actually very hard for me not to attack you personally Jamal, I was turning over a new leaf but now I've been triggered.

We don't want you to turn over a new leaf.

7 hours ago, THE_TITAN said:

My point is that Sharpe was a 5th round pick and, for the value of that selection, I think we got a pretty good player. No one should argue that Sharpe should be a starter, but as a #3 he can help us. Our expectations of him were raised because he flashed and won a starting spot. Determining whether he's successful or not is all relative, how many 5th round WRs can be consistent contributors? Not many. Keep that perspective in mind.

Sharpe was a solid WR for a 5th round rookie.... His spot still needed upgrading, he wasn't good enough