Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TitansGuru

SECURITY New Password Generator - Everyone Must Use

In an effort to increase security here, a new password generator will be installed. You can see a demo below:

cocr8y2ugjry.gif

:4_joy:

Kidding. This thing has been cracking me up all day so I had to share.

patsplat   

Am working on passwords for sms bots.  Interestingly phrases are much easier to input and remember than characters.  Also words carry a much higher complexity per word than letters.  There are about 70 password characters, and thousands of words.  With a dictionary of 315 words, you can use 5 words to match the complexity of a 8 character password of all printable characters.

OzTitan   
On 15/05/2017 at 11:18 PM, patsplat said:

Am working on passwords for sms bots.  Interestingly phrases are much easier to input and remember than characters.  Also words carry a much higher complexity per word than letters.  There are about 70 password characters, and thousands of words.  With a dictionary of 315 words, you can use 5 words to match the complexity of a 8 character password of all printable characters.

password_strength.png

Just don't literally use 'correcthorsebatterystaple', like some password hash dumps have uncovered people are doing, lol.

patsplat   
31 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

password_strength.png

Just don't literally use 'correcthorsebatterystaple', like some password hash dumps have uncovered people are doing, lol.

Yep, wasn't aware of the xkcd but the idea has been making the rounds

Number9   
On May 15, 2017 at 8:18 AM, patsplat said:

I have a bitcoin account.  They give you a secret phrase to recover, lose and you lose.  It's twelve four letter words.  I got locked out once, I hunted and hunted.  Of course they told you not to store it on your computer.  I finally found the damn thing.