Sign in to follow this  
52O

MOAB sent to afghanistan

Rolltide   

It shows we have balls! We are earning respect!

That's what Bush was doing for 7 years. 

Put that flag on your lapel and talk tough! Spend hundreds of billions proving what a big cock you have. 

23 hours ago, MadMax said:

Approval rating.

Gotta admit, I was ecstatic when the new round of Approval polling from Pew and Gallup came out and saw that the Syria bombing led to virtually no increase in approval.  I think many people are finally watching this presidency with open eyes and are seeing through the bullshit.

Face   
23 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Even though this action was birthed and constructed during Obama's admin...

Christ... not every action that happens under the Trump admin is some obfuscation designed around whatever scandal of the day happens to be occupying the media's attention.

Welcome to the political section of TR.........

Well, you probably won't trust this guy but FWIW.

My sense is that using this bomb isn't really something they necessarily have to ask for high level approval for. The general requested this bomb during the Obama admin but it wasn't ready to use until January.

It's possible that since the Obama administration was generally more involved they'd like to have been notified about their plan to use it, etc.

I don't really have reason to hate on this.

The thing I do worry about (unrelated to this) is the early reports of a huge increase in civilian casualties of US bombing. Hopefully it's not true. There hasn't been any official changes to the operating procedures, but they might be more cavalier because Trump spoke so hawkishly about bombing which is leading to unnecessary death.

I'm not a fan of unnecessary death. YMMV.

Edited by Titans279

12 hours ago, Face said:

Welcome to the political section of TR.........

'Member that time you said Keith Ellison hated white people but never said why? Too bad everyone isn't so rational like you!

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Well, you probably won't trust this guy but FWIW.

My sense is that using this bomb isn't really something they necessarily have to ask for high level approval for. The general requested this bomb during the Obama admin but it wasn't ready to use until January.

It's possible that since the Obama administration was generally more involved they'd like to have been notified about their plan to use it, etc.

I don't really have reason to hate on this.

The thing I do worry about (unrelated to this) is the early reports of a huge increase in civilian casualties of US bombing. Hopefully it's not true. There hasn't been any official changes to the operating procedures, but they might be more cavalier because Trump spoke so hawkishly about bombing which is leading to unnecessary death.

I'm not a fan of unnecessary death. YMMV.

I was more referring to the fact that the plans for this action began before Trump ever took office. Whether Obama specifically had anything to do with it or not is irrelevant.

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/14/officials-no-need-for-trumps-approval-to-use-massive-bomb/

Trump haters immediately go for the "it's a publicity stunt by the Trump admin" when they didn't really have anything to do with it either way.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Denali   

The key difference is that Trump actually has the balls to use it.

And he'd have no problems using it again as necessary.  Fucktard Muslim countries take notice - yo.