Episode 134 - NFL Draft Preview

Jonboy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kyle. How he fits the system at Titans report and red flags such as mental health issues.

Let Kyle on for 20 seconds and then cut off his mic. Don't say it was technical difficulties. 

One thing I wanted to follow up on about Howard.... The other TEs in the draft don't offer the match-up potential in terms of spread formations Howard offers. With Howard the Titans can line up w

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

One thing I wanted to follow up on about Howard.... The other TEs in the draft don't offer the match-up potential in terms of spread formations Howard offers.

With Howard the Titans can line up with two TEs and Murray and force teams to play the run and keep their base defense on the field. Then the Titans can split out Walker, Howard and Murray and pass the ball from spread formations against run defenders. Howard and Walker are basically WRs.

Sounds good.  Complicated offense for a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players.

I don't think it necessarily has to be or is, certainly not all the time. I don't think our first year players on O, or D for that matter, hamstrung us overall. We were pretty good after all, offensively speaking.

And we still gotta pick us some players on that side of the ball, amirite?

Since listening to the podcast, I have seen a couple of mock drafts where Jamal Adams is available at 5, neither mock had us picking him. I'm beginning to think there is a real possibility he will be there at 5, especially if a QB is picked in the top 4.