Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Episode 134 - NFL Draft Preview

@OILERMAN I agree Barnett could go higher than expected.  Not sure he's a target for us but he has the production, was a team leader, and if I'm remembering right was dealing with some injuries during his workouts.  Wouldn't shock me at all to see him go in the top 10 though I think 12-20 is more likely

Edited by Mercalius

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Your PM inbox full? It won't let me send you the topics for tonight.

I'm busy AF anyway.

13 pages of PMs, btw. Not sure if that's maxed out... but I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree with Tom on Allen. I don't think DL is a high priority for them. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't draft any DL. Maybe round 6 at the earliest.

I like Barnett, but I don't see it. Both Orakpo and Morgan still have 2 years left on their deal. They have had injuries, but I'm not sure I see them spending a 1st on a reserve. I think it's possible they will look to add an OLB and I think they should, but later. I think they like Wallace quite a bit and Dodd's rookie year was disappointing, but I still think he's very much in the plans. They spent pick 33 on him.

I'd like Howard, but not liking his odds of being picked

Definitely think it will be some combination of DB and WR with the two picks with an ILB as the wildcard

Edited by socaltitan

3 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Gun to your head (assume at pick 5)

John Ross or OJ Howard

Lattimore or Hooker

Jamal Adams vs a trade down that nets us a reasonably high 2nd this year

Ross, Lattimore, trade down

I think priority #1 is pretty clear. Robinson wants to trade down and recoup the 2. If he's able to do that, I think he targets a WR. If he stays at 5, then it becomes a little cloudier. I'm thinking Adams, Lattimore, or WR

Edited by socaltitan

It's a tough pill to swallow, but if we're looking at it strategically, WR at 5 might make the most sense. At 5, you're very likely to have your pick of the WR you want. And at 18, you're still very likely to find a CB you like there (Conley, King, White, Humphrey, etc). That's more guaranteed than the other way around where you're crossing your fingers a WR falls to 18. That is if their intent is to take a WR and CB in some form and they can't trade down

Still think their most likely intent is to trade down and take a WR. Then take CB at 18 or a defensive player they really like that falls (Reddick?). They could then take CB with the 2nd rounder if they don't go CB at 18

Edited by socaltitan