2017 NFL Draft Rumors & Buzz OT

Jonboy

3 minutes ago, Face said:

I think Adams range & coverage ability is overlooked a bit because Hooker's range is so insane. Adams can easily play FS & play it very well, he's great in coverage. Adding in how active he is up at the LOS I agree he's the better bet.

That play against Louisville that he got beat deep on stands out to me, but thats just one play.  I'm interested to see how he times, but I do agree he is the more complete of the two.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Corey Davis on Russilo & Kanell just a bit ago.. "Who is your Favourite QB"?   Davis - Marcus Mariota.     

TitansReport.com, where all NFL journalists are hacks and have no sources. 

Posted Images

Hooker is special. Best range I've seen on a safety in a long time. He's the type that can change your defense. You draft him and an ILB that can cover and you won't even miss Adams since Byard is no slouch himself. If we go safety he's the guy.

I'm also a lot more interested I Peppers than most. I think he's a stud. I saw a mock that had NE taking him at 32. Could you imagine what BB Could do wth that kid?

Edited by Mythos27

41 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

We would have the potential for such a stud safety combination. Byard showed a lot last year. Sometimes, a great safety will make up for poor CB play. 

That's what would be the "core" of our D. I feel like every great offense & defense needs to have that one awesome unit that makes it what it is. In our case it would be our safety pair & OL. And of course Marcus, but obviously you need a big time QB.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
On 2/11/2017 at 10:13 AM, JBGTENN said:

I don't know where he is projected to go but wouldn't mind having him.

Real talk: when they were in high school, I was a huge Corn Elder Stan and said he would have a better career than Jalen Ramsey -- Jalen never beat Corn in HS. 

Man, I was wrong. 

So after all the softball questions to Hooker about quitting stopped, we got to the bottom of it: There's no way you were ACTUALLY going to leave, right?

Hooker was honest.

"It was just something I was saying," Hooker said. "I knew there was no way I was going to do it. I wouldn't have been able to deal with myself as a man because I'm not a quitter type of person. It was just more of a thought because I was frustrated with how things were going."

He was a five star recruit and he didn't want to be redshirted and wanted an opportunity to play. He sat back and learned the game, but wasn't able to start until his redshirt sophomore year.

Hooker is who I truly want at 5....on this date the 13th of February. 

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2016/09/malik_hooker_was_never_actuall.html

On 2/9/2017 at 11:32 AM, Number9 said:

They mention something about Foster having "The only concern with him is that he has suffered multiple concussions already" 

It's precisely this reality that makes me want to draft elsewhere and also devalues the draft value of the entire middle linebacker and safety positions

Aggressive killer linebackers and safeties rack up concussions at an alarmingly high rate compared to other positions. It's just the nature of the position, as being in the middle of the field increases the likelihood of frontal collisions as compared to collisions at an angle. I don't believe the game can be played the same way as it used to be prior to the 'concussion awareness' that now exists in the league. 

I absolutely hate this logic, as I loved the Atwaters, the Bishops, the Polumalus, and the Lewis/Romanowskis of the league; but their careers in the league today would be drastically shortened. Either because of medical interference/influence, or because of self imposed conditions (i.e. one more concussion and I'm done.) As such, I believe the position itself needs to be devalued across the entire league, much like the running back position has been in the past decade.

So following this logic perhaps a rangy cover safety like Hooker has more long term value than the explosive Adams. While the entire MLB position should probably be treated with a "quantity over quality" approach.

Kuechly, Willis, and Borland are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic