Possible draft day trade!

DJB

Lot's of speculation that the Bills are going to let Tyrod Taylor go. If that happens and depending on how the first four picks go down...Buffalo will be in desperate need of a QB. In order to get in front of the Jets who share the same need at 6, do you think J. Rob would trade down to 10 and pick up a 2nd rounder #44? The trade value chart shows this to be a very equitable trade. 

Edited by DJB

There are teams far more desperate for a QB than Buffalo. There also isnt a QB in this draft that I would give up a ton for especially if I have Tyrod on roster. Tyrod had the same quality season that he had last year and that was with a terrible wr group. They also gave up the most sacks. I dont get the desperation move.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Buffalo is a playoff caliber team and no QB outside of Watson puts them at a significantly better state of the position than what they have now... if they get an upgrade at QB it will likely be through acquisition of a vet.

8 hours ago, DJB said:

Lot's of speculation that the Bills are going to let Tyrod Taylor go. 

Didn't I read something about him having a severely escalating contract that would make it likely they would cast him off... unless they made a deep run in the playoffs and felt more convicted about his future with the team?

15 hours ago, DJB said:

Lot's of speculation that the Bills are going to let Tyrod Taylor go. If that happens and depending on how the first four picks go down...Buffalo will be in desperatel need of a QB. In order to get in front of the Jets who share the same need at 6, do you think J. Rob would trade down to 10 and pick up a 2nd rounder #44? The trade value chart shows this to be a very equitable trade. 

I have actually been working on a big mock off season where this exact thing happens. Should have it out tomorrow. Been working on it for a few days to add a lot of depth and clarity to what the decisions would be.

17 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Hard to tell how a guy like Watson will appeal to teams but if I needed a QB I'd sure draft him.  Just not sure anyone will give a huge amount for him but a 2nd or two seems reasonable if you think he can be the guy.  He has VY characteristics but a better passer and smart (not retarded) and a born leader.  I'd make that deal in a heartbeat if I needed a QB.  

So he has all the good VY characteristicsand none of the perceived bad ones

13 hours ago, charleytolar said:

Didn't I read something about him having a severely escalating contract that would make it likely they would cast him off... unless they made a deep run in the playoffs and felt more convicted about his future with the team?

Yes, that's exactly that.

He's got some weird contract situation that gives him stupid money next year.

That's what happened when Rex got the boot (hehe), the owner told him to bench Taylor for the final game, because if TT got hurt, they were on the hook for that salary. Ryan said he wouldn't do it, he was trying to win the game and wanted his best players out there. So, they fired Ryan on the spot.

here's an article about it from Schefter:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000754385/article/tyrod-taylors-contract-gives-bills-options-in-offseason

On 1/15/2017 at 9:09 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

There are teams far more desperate for a QB than Buffalo. There also isnt a QB in this draft that I would give up a ton for especially if I have Tyrod on roster. Tyrod had the same quality season that he had last year and that was with a terrible wr group. They also gave up the most sacks. I dont get the desperation move.

I don't see Tyrod being back next year

5 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I don't see Tyrod being back next year

It could go either way. Tyrod had another decent season but of course the question is whether he is worth the money he would be due. If it's not Tyrod I still don't think they make a move for a rookie QB. I could see them going after a FA instead. 

55 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

It could go either way. Tyrod had another decent season but of course the question is whether he is worth the money he would be due. If it's not Tyrod I still don't think they make a move for a rookie QB. I could see them going after a FA instead. 

I'd be surprised if he's back, especially with how they treated him at the end of the season

29 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

I'd be surprised if he's back, especially with how they treated him at the end of the season

Made sense to bench him. Knocked out of playoffs contention and not wanting him to get injured. Gotta keep the power in their hands especially if they planned on bringing in a new coach. Brad Childress is reported to be the favorite for OC job. 

5 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

And who would that be?...have you looked at the list of possible FA QB's? Only one starting caliber FA QB and that's Cousins.

Edited by DJB

1 hour ago, DJB said:

And who would that be?...have you looked at the list of possible FA QB's? Only one starting caliber FA QB and that's Cousins.

There might be a few QBs out there that would be better options than a rookie day 1 starter from this QB class. Hoyer Glennon and Barkley I would take over them. Possible that Cutler and Kaep are free agents. Maybe try to make a run at Romo. Its also likely they feel confident a QB will be there at 10 and they wont have to make a trade. I still think they should keep Tyrod though.