2017 Draft Profile: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

Jonboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

REUBEN FOSTER, LB, Alabama 6'1, 236 lbs, Senior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 115 tackles, 13 TFL, 5 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FF 2015- 48 tackles, 8 TFL, 1 sack, 0 INT, 0 FF

Assuming Garrett and Allen are both gone no would would make a bigger impact and fill a bigger need than Foster imo. He's an every down LB who would help the Titans front seven as well as shore up the

I would take him at #5 without hesitation. He is special.

And I would like to add this, name one player on the defensive side that out hustled and outplayed Foster on Monday Night. Anderson and the Clemson kid #42 had good games, but Foster had so many impact plays and was always around the ball.

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

And I would like to add this, name one player on the defensive side that out hustled and outplayed Foster on Monday Night. Anderson and the Clemson kid #42 had good games, but Foster had so many impact plays and was always around the ball.

The guy who was launching himself (Brown?) at players ala Dirty James Harrison. He almost took out Williams, no call. He also got a shoestring tackle to save a return td.

I like him, but I think his draft range will be where we are not going to have a pick (barring a trade), say the 7-12 range. I like his game but I don't think he will be one of the top 5 players on our board.

Edited by THE_TITAN

Foster looks like a great ILB and I'd love to add him. But for what it's worth, his type of LB doesn't ever go at #5. Pass rushers go at 5. Dominant physical freaks go at 5. 

Now, he could be the next great ILB. Maybe he is going to be the next Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis (but smaller). Or the next Zach Thomas (who was drafted in the 5th round). But I don't know if he goes 5th overall.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/lb

Edited by Starkiller

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Foster looks like a great ILB and I'd love to add him. But for what it's worth, his type of LB doesn't ever go at #5. Pass rushers go at 5. Dominant physical freaks go at 5. 

Now, he could be the next great ILB. Maybe he is going to be the next Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis (but smaller). Or the next Zach Thomas (who was drafted in the 5th round). But I don't know if he goes 5th overall.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/lb

Even Kuechly didn't get drafted until #9.

I think everyone would say he would have been worth #5 though.

44 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Even Kuechly didn't get drafted until #9.

I think everyone would say he would have been worth #5 though.

If that's the guy you want then you take him at 5 if you cant move down a few spots. Why let a few spots stop you when if there aren't any other players that would make they big of an impact for you.

Edited by Huston

34 minutes ago, Huston said:

If that's the guy you want then you take him at 5 if you cant move down a few spots. Why left a few spots stop you when if there aren't any other players that would make they big of an impact for you.

You don't let it stop you - it's just draft geek talk to let a few placements outside of perceived value ranges stop you. I guess the point is at 5 he's not likely to be at the top of the draft board due to his position. But if the Titans are dead set on defense and there is a run on defenders 1-4 he easily could be.

Probably better off looking at where he ranks on the defensive draft board. 

1 hour ago, THE_TITAN said:

I like him, but I think his draft range will be where we are not going to have a pick (barring a trade), say the 7-12 range. I like his game but I don't think he will be one of the top 5 players on our board.

This is something I've been thinking about lately, the last traditional LBer to go this high was Aaron Curry, teams take corners & pass rushers here.

Dont get me wrong, I love the kid & hope he's the pick, but I wonder if we may try to move down a bit is possible. 

I also wonder if Derrick Barnettay be an option.