Jonboy

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boom.  

COREY DAVIS, WR, Western Michigan 6'3, 213 lbs, Senior Round Projection: 1st Stats 2016- 97 catches, 1500 yds, 19 TDs 2015- 90 catches, 1436 yds, 12 TDs 2014- 78 cat

I think you'd be better off looking at mid round prospects at the TE position.

mos def looks the part, especially upon reading this:

“I’ve gone against Darqueze Dennard, Eli Apple…” he rattles off. Davis has 617 receiving yards and four touchdowns in seven career games against Big Ten teams, highlighted by a 10-catch, 154-yard, one-touchdown performance against Michigan State in the 2015 season opener.

To quote the SI article about him earlier this year -

"Fleck’s best player is his polar opposite from a personality standpoint. During Fleck’s speech, Davis sat in the front row, silent. Nearly everyone in and around the program describes Davis as shy. He spent all summer at campus. In the fall, if he’s not at class or at the football building for organized activities, he’s at the football building. Simon has often arrived at his office to find Davis already there, scrolling through plays on the coach’s laptop. “It’s not like he works to be seen,” Simon says. “Like, ‘Hey I'm working over here!’ He wants to work in silence and he wants to work quite literally when nobody is watching.”

"When scouts visit campuses to do recon on prospects, they’ll often ask: Does the player love football? Davis shows without telling, by staying after every practice to shag balls. Sometimes he’ll do distraction drills, implemented by Fleck and Simon: They’ll run through more than 100 ball drills, sometimes using cut-open footballs, other times lacrosse or tennis balls. This perhaps explains why drops are rare for Davis. According to Pro Football Focus, Davis had just 15 drops on 183 catchable passes through last year."

“At first Corey didn't want to lead,” Simon says. “He wanted to do his job and do it the very best he could. But he developed the mindset: If I do it and just tell someone else they should, they’ll do it.”

This guy sounds like a Jon Robinson guy. I want him bad.

15 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

To quote the SI article about him earlier this year -

"Fleck’s best player is his polar opposite from a personality standpoint. During Fleck’s speech, Davis sat in the front row, silent. Nearly everyone in and around the program describes Davis as shy. He spent all summer at campus. In the fall, if he’s not at class or at the football building for organized activities, he’s at the football building. Simon has often arrived at his office to find Davis already there, scrolling through plays on the coach’s laptop. “It’s not like he works to be seen,” Simon says. “Like, ‘Hey I'm working over here!’ He wants to work in silence and he wants to work quite literally when nobody is watching.”

"When scouts visit campuses to do recon on prospects, they’ll often ask: Does the player love football? Davis shows without telling, by staying after every practice to shag balls. Sometimes he’ll do distraction drills, implemented by Fleck and Simon: They’ll run through more than 100 ball drills, sometimes using cut-open footballs, other times lacrosse or tennis balls. This perhaps explains why drops are rare for Davis. According to Pro Football Focus, Davis had just 15 drops on 183 catchable passes through last year."

“At first Corey didn't want to lead,” Simon says. “He wanted to do his job and do it the very best he could. But he developed the mindset: If I do it and just tell someone else they should, they’ll do it.”

This guy sounds like a Jon Robinson guy. I want him bad.

Sounds like he has the same personality Marcus has. It also sounds like he is more versatile than Williams. I think Williams is just an outside WR. I think you can line Davis up outside and in the slot as well. He probably has a more diverse route tree. He sounds like the better fit to me.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

You guys are picking up on some of the same qualities that caught my eye. 

I don't know if J-Rob will be looking for a WR early, but I do know that Corey Davis 100% fits what he likes to see. He's a 4-yr player with really good numbers that improved each year. Combine that with his work ethic and quiet confidence...seems like a J-Rob guy through and through.