Another great start by Chris Johnson...

ALTitan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hang on now..... CJ has not fumbled once, not all of his carries went for negative yards, every time he carried the ball the clock continued to run. On passing plays he's only been called one tim

Someone ban this cunt. Now we have someone worse than Rass

He really tried to pull a post from a decade ago as a gotcha.    Bottom poster gonna bottom poster. 

Anyone know if I'm allowed to post screenshots from the actual game footage and discuss them, or is that likely to be seen as improper use?

i've done it a lot in the past. Go for it.

I'd take screen shots and use paint to highlight or circle or point out things and then take another a half second later and do it again.... but it's been a while, mostly b/c the plays I'd like to discuss most are the failed runs, not the successful ones and they're harder to find.

Let's get the elephant out of the corner...

Yes Johnson is bad and we all loved #74 but how much of this is on our rookie OL coach? I think he might be in over his head and he looks kinda lost on the sideline.

Let's get the elephant out of the corner...

Yes Johnson is bad and we all loved #74 but how much of this is on our rookie OL coach? I think he might be in over his head and he looks kinda lost on the sideline.

Surely it's not on Matthews just for the simple fact that Munch is still here. But it's a possibility.

Of course Matthews is part of the problem. I said it in another thread already. He's a first year coach. He's still learning. Still, he's probably a minor part. These guys are all vets. They should know how to play by now, and a bit of mediocre coaching shouldn't change that. Besides, it's not Matthews fault that Jake Scott gets pushed five yards back on every play. That guy is just getting smoked out there.

these guys have played together for years, i doubt they even need a position coach, i don't think it has any thing to do with matthews. The problem is they are blocking for a terrible rb and when they have a bad play or bad game it's maghified.

I assume that's because they intend 'excuse' as to gloss over or apologize... as opposed to what they would say they're actually doing, which is to explain.

Its a common difficulty and many have a hard time undertstanding the nuance between the two. If every explanation of a play became excuses then we are left with the team sucks when we lose and is great when we win- but no one knows why.

People need quit making excuses for the Oline by using CJ. They need to quit making excuses for CJ by using the oline. They need to quite making excuses for the offense by using Palmer. They need to quit making excuses for the defense by the lack of offense and top. They need to stop making excuses for the the defense by using a lack of dline pressure. They need to, in general, stop making excuses for this team. They lost to Atlanta.. so they must totally suck and any rationale for why is simply an excuse driven by homer bias.

lose = suck

win = good

Its much simpler and easier to understand I guess.

Personally, I find that boring.

It is true that Amano and Scott have played horrible much of this season and it has exposed the fact that CJ is basically a one-trick pony. If he doesn't have a big hole, forget it. From what I have seen this year, he shies away from contact, rarely makes people miss, has lost some of his explosiveness, is a below average receiver, is not a particularly good blocker, and falls down almost immediately whenever someone gets an arm on him.

I guess I am of the opinion that the play of our interior Oline does not nearly explain CJ's pathetic running. And CJ thinks it is not his fault...that is clear because he has repeatedly said he is the same runner, etc.

It is a bad situation and it is no surprise we are the worst running team in the league. We need to cut CJ and work to upgrade the Oline this offseason. Then we need to think about bringing in another RB who runs hard north-south, can catch the ball, and who is big enough and willing to take on contact. I like Ringer a lot, but we need more competition. Running back by committee is the way to go IMO.

One final thing....I think MR and MM may be too stubborn or clueless to cut CJ if he shows any improvement at all over the last six games or even if he stinks it up the rest of the way. We'll see.

Despite the many mentions to the contrary on the boards, and despite ceding many passing downs to Ringer, Chris Johnson is 6th in catches and 11th in receiving yards amongst all backs. I don't think he's near exceptional at it, but it is not a strong weakness in his game.

Yes, despite popular believes, Chris Johnson is N10 at rushing Atts, N23 in rushing yds.

He is dead last only in 1 category - yds / attempt. If Titans could only give him more carries then he'd break EG's record that CTF has posted yesterday. CJ just needs more carries and he will be fine. (I've seen this statement before - ~8-9 years ago).

It is all Munchak's fault.