if not Foster then who

AussieTitanFan08

I noticed quite a few people aren't fans of taking an ILB with our pick acquired from the Rams, with 3 weeks remaining the most likely scenario is the pick will be at either 5th or 6th pick.

its really early in the evaluation process, but with the current available information it would seem Garrett and Allen will be gone.

under this scenario that could mean Foster might be BPA when we are on the clock.

for those who don't think we should go ILB in the top 8 picks is there a WR/CB/OLB/TE/DT worthy of taking at our pick, I left S out of the discussion because the same value issue is there as with ILB.

there is 4.5 months till the draft but at this early point taking Foster or trading back seem like a decent fall back position. 

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't touch Peppers, not enough production on defense to warrant all the hype.

So, both Pro Bowl ILB/MLBs for the AFC are former Bama ILBs - Hightower and Mosley. That seems like relevant info here.

If the Rams can keep losing and get the 4th or 5th pick then the Titans are really in a nice situation. Foster might be the bottom of the potential picks. Garrett is #1 and Allen is #2. I'm start

I want to take Foster. I wonder how many teams would take Kuechly in the Top 5 of the Draft these days. ILB has long been a lacking spot for us, fixing that with a guy that can play all 3 downs and cover a TE would be huge.

I like Foster, but I don't know if he'll be that good in the pros to warrant a top 5 pick. I don't see him as the next Kuechly.

I'd rather take the top corner, and see if we can't get Foster later on. I'd be ok with him or Jarrad Davis later on.

IMO Foster absolutely needs to be our pick.  If we traded back and missed out on him I would be sick.  He's fast enough to cover opposing TEs and RBs, physical enough to take on blockers and make plays in the run game.  He is truly a do it all, every down backer. 

Yes our secondary is a more dire need, but there are no CBs in this draft worth getting in the top 10.  Safety, maybe.  Only guy I would be happy with besides Foster in top 10 is Allen.

We need this guy so badly.  Would immediately upgrade pass and run D and be a cornerstone for a decade barring injury.  This is my 2017 draft crush.

not really a big fan of Kiper Jnr but he was the first media draft analyst last year that jumped on the Conklin bandwagon.

today he was suggesting Foster has been playing that well he is right behind Garrett/Allen now.

its only early in the process but it seems highly unlikely we would be able to trade back a few spots and still get Foster.

Foster is better than CJ Mosley

I would compare Foster to Navarro Bowman

I also find it funny i compare Jarrad Davis to Patrick Willis

i love both

i want an impact defensive player with the 5th pick. 

If it ain't Garrett/Allen then I pray it is Foster. 

He would bring so much energy and playmaking and instinct to the middle of the field and take away RB and TE in the pass game and make our run D top notch. 

Draft is littered with CBs. Take one with the other first. 

A pairing of Foster and Sidney Jones in round one would make me the happiest man. 

Get a lockdown corner and a top notch ILB. 

But to the OP point. 

Three players come to mind if we stick at 5 and it isn't Foster

Malik McDowell

Jamaal Adams

Tim Williams