Sign in to follow this  
TitansWycheck89

TITANS REPORT INSIDER Jeff Fisher to the Vols

Soxcat   

Of course college is a wole different animal so who knows how Fisher would fair but IMO there would be no honeymoon like he had with the Rams and putting up with him very long if he wasn't getting ti done.  The concern about bailing to USC would also be a concern for sure although his track record for loyalty is pretty solid.

Rolltide   

I don't see any NFL team offering him a head coaching job to where else would he go? He's been over 20 years removed from being a DC so that is not likely. 

The only nfl role I see is similar to what Dave McGinnis has been doing which is an assistant head coach. A senior adviser type role. The problem here is that unlike Mcginnis who had a brief stint as a HC Fisher has 20 years experience as a head coach and that might make a new head coach uncomfortable. 

Soxcat   

I suppose some team could make him DC and assistant HC easy enough if he wanted to stay in coaching.  Not sure what the market would be.  His best bet is to get on with NFL Network or work as a color guy (college or pro).  What would be best for the Titans is for Fisher to take over in Indy. 

Rolltide   

Fisher has issues with nepotism. How negative that has effected his record is hard to say but he has hired a lot of coaches who are the sons of coaches from an older generation. He liked the dad so hire the kid? 

Al Groh's son Mike was his WRs coach. 

Jim Fassel's son John was his special teams coach. 

His first OC as Rams coach was Marty Shottenheimer's son, Brian. 

And of course he hired his own kid to be secondary coach. 

Rolltide   
Just now, Soxcat said:

I suppose some team could make him DC and assistant HC easy enough if he wanted to stay in coaching.  Not sure what the market would be.  His best bet is to get on with NFL Network or work as a color guy (college or pro).  What would be best for the Titans is for Fisher to take over in Indy. 

Not DC just assistant HC. That's what Dave McGinnis has been doing and it has become popular to hire experienced former head coaches to act as assistants to the HC

Too long since he coached defense and when he did he was a disciple of Buddy Ryan in the 90s. A new head coach is going to think he is not current with the league today.  

Soxcat   

Not many assistant HCs out there who aren't coordinators or position coaches as well. McGinnis was a LB coach for us and assitant HC.

I seriously doubt anyone wants Fisher now.  His time has passed.  He offers nothing new.  He might be a decent player's coach but has proven he has nothing to offer as far as developing players or having any unique strategy.   

Denali   

No way UT can land JF.

Talk about falling from grace, UT is a total shit fest now.  All you UT homers aren't fooling anyone by trying to deflect UT's stench onto JF.

They will have to dig way deeper into the dung heap to find someone willing to coach there.