Sign in to follow this  
TitansWycheck89

Jeff Fisher to the Vols

He's def not looking safe in LA. They suck, he kicked Eric Dickerson off the sidelines, when asked about kicking Dickerson out he denied it and got caught in a lie,  and now the Rams are issuing statements not backing up their coaches decision and telling Dickerson he's welcome any time he wants to come..  He could be toast there. 

"Everybody will want to judge Jeff through the prism of just the record, but that’s totally unfair when you look at the set of circumstances he was handed this year,” Demoff told Wyche. “It was different than any team in the NFL.

“We moved halfway across the country, then had OTAs in Oxnard. Training camp was in Irvine, now we’re in Thousand Oaks. We moved coaches and players and families. To provide leadership and consistency, he’s done a model job."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/30/kevin-demoff-suggests-jeff-fisher-will-be-back/

Edited by TitansFan23

DJB   
On May 17, 2017 at 2:19 PM, charleytolar said:

It is sad how far Fisher has fallen. His flame burned bright there for.... a couple of years!

When was that....last century? 

scine09   

I like to poke fun at Fisher as much as anyone but he's not nearly as bad as the media and some fans make him out to be.  He's a mediocre coach who can win if given the pieces.  He may have an antiquated system but he's no worse than some of these clowns that are winning today.

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

He's a mediocre coach who can win if given the pieces.

That's pretty much 99.9% of coaches who are at anything above the high school level. For a guy who regards himself as highly as he does, the criticism is for sure warranted.

scine09   
1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That's pretty much 99.9% of coaches who are at anything above the high school level. For a guy who regards himself as highly as he does, the criticism is for sure warranted.

Oh he definitely should be criticized.  But he's not some awful coach who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag the way some like to put it.

Like I said, he's a middle of the road coach.  He's not Ken Whisenhunt.

Soxcat   

He isn't far from Wisenhunt.  When Fisher had McNair, quality players on defense and an OL he won his share of games.  When that went away he was nothing.  Wisenhumt went to a SB with a good QB and some pieces.  Almost any coach can win with the right combination of players and decent coordinators. 

scine09   
45 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

He isn't far from Wisenhunt.  When Fisher had McNair, quality players on defense and an OL he won his share of games.  When that went away he was nothing.  Wisenhumt went to a SB with a good QB and some pieces.  Almost any coach can win with the right combination of players and decent coordinators. 

I don't think Fisher would ever let his basically CFL level tackle go one on one with JJ Watt.

Rolltide   

The issue for Fisher as a college coach is recruiting. If he can be a damn good recruiter the rest barely matters. At UT you are expected to have a top 10 recruiting class every year. Of course Georgia, Florida, Auburn, LSU, A&M also have those same expectations and Bama expect to have the #1 class. Then you have the rest of the country. Not easy but Phil Fullmer did it and Fisher is at least as good a coach as him. 

One real asset Fisher had with the titans was 2 real good line coaches in Washburn and Munchak. His coordinators were not bad either. His defensive coordinators were certainly better than the ones Muchak hired. 

If I was an AD and Fisher contacted me aggressively seeking out a job and seemed to have fire in his belly of course I would consider him. Whether he got the job would be based on the other candidates. 

Rolltide   
On 5/26/2017 at 1:38 PM, Soxcat said:

Ok so he won when he had the horses. So can he gets the horses? If he is motivated and hires the right people I think he can. 

Another side issue, the USC job. If Fisher had a couple of good years and that USC job opened up would he bail like that creep Kiffen?  

Edited by Rolltide