Next years draft

TheChosenTitan

There's absolutely no way imaginable we don't take a DE in the 1st three rounds.

I would say there's also a possibility we sign a free agent DE like Robert Mathis or Mario Williams, but we all know that ain't happening.

Probably so but I don't think we should be surprised if we wait until the third round to grab one. Going into the 2011 draft it seemed all but consensus that the Titans would take a DT in the first (Fairley). Ultimately, they didn't take one until the third round and passed up Marvin Austin and Paea (two very good DTs) for a SLB.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's no real safeties to draft in the first to be honest. Some of us have talked about this topic already in the draft forum, but in my opinion the Titans need (from the draft forum): L

At this point, I'm beginning to consider a playmaking LB a real possibility. You can never go wrong with a top DL that fits the scheme, should one fall to us. It also depends where we end up picking.

Agreed When you draft solely for need, that's when you end up with guys like Woolfolk and Troupe

Titans always draft the draft's deepest position in the 1st round (thats been the trend since Reinfeldt's been here)... That means we go LB or WR in the first, both of which happen to be big needs.

As for who we should get, we should get Blackmon if he's available.

I think we fix defensive line in free agency. Last year was the draft to draft defensive line. This is not the year.

A quick google answered my question. He was charges with driving under the influence. This doesn't seem to be too big of an issue. He was under 21 so they made it sound like he wasn't even over .08.

This is the mobile version.

http://m.aol.com/news/default/getContent.do?link=http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/27/justin-blackmon-oklahoma-state-receiver-suspended-one-game-for/

After looking at it, although a safety in the first would be ideal for this defense. It would be great to be able to draft a Troy or Reed or even a Landry where we pick... it just doesn't look like there will be one worthy of the pick.

I'm not sold on us going DE again so quickly especially w/ Morgan playing better though.

I think it would be OG/C or WR especially if they don't trust Britt. It could very easily be too early for a OG/C though.

I'm thinking

1st: WR

2nd: OG/C or S

3rd: DE or S

Drafting a safety might depend heavily on what they think of RoJo though. They're not playing a safety in the box as much as I thought they would so RoJo might be able to play opposite Griffin... or even take over for him if they let him walk.

I don't think there's any chance we go LB in the first and it's very unlikely we go DT, only if a potentially great one falls.

OL would seem to be a top need but value-wise it'll be tough to get an interior lineman where we pick. I think it's more likely that a very talented one drops to the 2nd b/c he's raw and we snatch him up and coach him up.

That imo leaves WR, S or DE. I don't see them going DE b/c of Morgan and b/c the top pass rushers will probably be gone which leaves WR or S and I don't see a S being rated high enough to be worth the pick which means we're left w/ WR and the only reason we'd even consider it imo is b/c we don't trust Britt.

I don't think there's any chance we go LB in the first and it's very unlikely we go DT, only if a potentially great one falls.

OL would seem to be a top need but value-wise it'll be tough to get an interior lineman where we pick. I think it's more likely that a very talented one drops to the 2nd b/c he's raw and we snatch him up and coach him up.

That imo leaves WR, S or DE. I don't see them going DE b/c of Morgan and b/c the top pass rushers will probably be gone which leaves WR or S and I don't see a S being rated high enough to be worth the pick which means we're left w/ WR and the only reason we'd even consider it imo is b/c we don't trust Britt.

If it's WR, then we're probably looking at Floyd or Jeffrey

I think Blackmon's the first one off the board

He's likely gone in the top 5-7 picks

I'm not crazy about Jeffrey...he doesn't look very explosive and it wouldn't surprise me if he runs 4.6

I don't doubt Floyd's talent, but the guy has Britt like baggage and we better do a ton of homework on him...he was almost kicked off ND

Floyd is a pro-bowl talent. If you've done your homework on him and you feel he's matured then you take him. Also, I could see the team taking a player like MLB Te'o if some of the other top talents are off the board (Blackmon, Floyd, DeCastro). This a deep OG class with a number of prospects likely to be available in the third and fourth.

There's also an outside chance they take a pass rusher if they feel like Vinny Curry is the real deal and he checks out in terms of HWS.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111104/SPORTS/111109855

Here's an article about Floyd that talks about him changing his eating and social habits before the season

It's good that he's doing it, but I just hope he's doing it for the right reasons and not because he's a senior this year and will enter the NFL Draft next year

I don't deny his talent, but there is some buyer beware qualities that we need to look hard at