Sign in to follow this  
Legaltitan

Anyone else here a Freemason?

abenjami   
57 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

It's not for everyone. Like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

I would imagine it also varies from city to city, sort of how fraternities vary from school to school. 

I am currently Senior Steward of my lodge. Also in Scottish Rite, Shrine and Eastern Star (wife is a member). 

It's more of a brotherhood than anything else. In a good lodge, the members all look out for each other and their families. It's not a cult or wierd devil worship, but there is a lot of very interesting and helpful historical and philosophical information to be learned that most people have no clue about or overlook. 

If serious about finding out more, check out this subreddit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/freemasonry/

And this podcast/youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/MasonicRoundtable/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

Edited by luvyablue256

On 8/15/2016 at 3:57 PM, Legaltitan said:

Well I'm on track to be Master of my Lodge and have been through all the Scottish Rite degrees.  I mostly just get to help with barbecue fundraisers and giving out scholarships.

Well now I can't antagonize you on the boards anymore brother! :laugh:

10 hours ago, abenjami said:

I would imagine it also varies from city to city, sort of how fraternities vary from school to school. 

Even more interesting from state to state. 

Freemasonry in the United States has no national governing body, which can cause a lot of interesting variance from state to state. 

I'm in Huntsville and some things done in Nashville are waaaaaay different than here. More similarities than differences. 

chef   
2 hours ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

MOTHER OF GOD....we've solved Trump's immigration problem right here on TR. Someone grab Trump's crayons and See-and-Say-----we've gotta give him the news!

You know you're being funny and all but sadly had he solicited for individuals to show up and build (combined with some to donate materials) there'd be a wall started.  Or at least attempted to start.

So don't give him any ideas - please!  (As some showing up might be my relatives.)

Father in law is a mason in NC. I've always thought about joining, er, "rushing" for Masons. I only know 1 other person (that I know of) who's a mason though. Should I just knock on the lodge door and ask to join?

'Nator   
7 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I emailed the lodge requesting a meeting/info. 

Rules are you have to be invited by a member. Your solicitation may have disqualified you. 

17 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Rules are you have to be invited by a member. Your solicitation may have disqualified you. 

It literally says on the website if you would like info or to request a meeting, click here.